Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo rift surge

Ephime

When outside the rift, this ability doesn't do anything and I think that it should be an ability outside of the rift as well. The ability is perfect:thumbup: just the way it is, but I was thinking of making it an attack ability. Maybe it's nust my build or the fact that I am not very advanced in the game, but I cannot best some bosses with Limbo at all!:sadcry: Let's take the raptor:corpus: as an exsaple, my abilities as Limbo are to no avail against the automaton! This is acute in my oppinion and I think that rift surge can be usefull outside the rift as well...it doesn't necessary have to be an attack ability, just one that can help you outside of the rift.

Youre not using it * correctly but yes i agree it should do damage of some kind like a dot. Youll want to get your hands on the augment mod -rift torrent- which gives bonus damage by % of the number of enemies in the rift this works with cataclysm and simply banishing mobs.

*by correctly i mean it requires a mod to do what it used to do. Any other use of 3 is ment for solo play or risk making people upset.

You can hit 2 to prep stasis 4 to suck a number of enemies into the rift then 3 to achieve bonus damage and close his 4. As long as those mobs stay in the rift youre bonus damage stays so you can use them to jack up your attack power.

If youre in a team this can be a lot harder since chances are team mates will kill mobs resulting in erratic bonus damage.

Dont use 2 in groups which lends itself to the problem.

Using an aura like growing power can help give more bonus damage.  

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

Limbo is probably the most complex frame in the game to master, and also one of the most powerful if used correctly.

Since his rework, his abilities on their own are not the best for killing in decent level content so he is still a very weapon dependent frame. His Rift Torrent augment, as Psycofang said, makes a tremendous difference on his damage output with weapons, and his abilities are meant to be used to control the flow of battle (flawlessly) to give him the advantage. 

Edit, mobility can make a big difference with him too. If you are on the same plane as an enemy, especially one that is not under Stasis, you'll want to keep moving both with standard movement and moving in and out of that plane.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

I know how to play him, I am just obviously not advanced enough in the game to use him at his peak. But thanks for the video anyway, I always enjoy perceiving other individual's notions.:smile:Soldier on secret Archons of warframe...