Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Tree (PoE)

(PSN)ASaltyCabbage

Question

So, I'm a completionist. I've got 94% of the Warframe trophies, and one particular trophy caught my eye. 

There's a trophy for maxing out a Focus Tree. It's concerning because I don't know if the Focus 2.0 thing is gonna make it impossible to get that trophy. 

Anyone know if Focus 2.0 is gonna make it impossible to get the trophy?

12 answers to this question

There are still trees so I imagine the trophy will still be available for completing a new tree.  Currently the amount of Focus required has gone up but so has the amount you can get per day... if you are willing to farm the full 250k each day it might not take many more days to complete a single tree than the old ones did, I haven't checked to numbers to be honest.  As Omega-Shadowblade said Focus gains are going to be adjusted, so it is possible a tree will become easier to max out.

12 minutes ago, Katinka said:

There are still trees so I imagine the trophy will still be available for completing a new tree.  Currently the amount of Focus required has gone up but so has the amount you can get per day... if you are willing to farm the full 250k each day it might not take many more days to complete a single tree than the old ones did, I haven't checked to numbers to be honest.  As Omega-Shadowblade said Focus gains are going to be adjusted, so it is possible a tree will become easier to max out.

I hope so. I heard Zenurik is getting an ability removed, so I'm changing trees. So that way if its still possible to get the trophy, I will. 

Simultaneously, I managed to get the Dark Sector tropht when Dark Sectors aren't even a thing currently. So maybe this'll be the same.

21 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Devs said on latest devstream that they  are gonna be looking again at focus gaining so as it stands things are once again not set in stone. 

Thanks. I'm just curious is all. Only having 99% of the trophies would bug me, so I'm hoping the update doesn't invalidate anything.

Just now, (PS4)ASaltyCabbage said:

What did you have to do to get the trophy? Because the requirements say entire tree. But you're saying you didn't have to max out the tree. So how'dyou do it?

I think the trigger is to unlock each of the branches of the tree and not actually max them all out. I wish I had a screenshot of it but it caught me off by surprise when I got it.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ASaltyCabbage said:

What did you have to do to get the trophy? Because the requirements say entire tree. But you're saying you didn't have to max out the tree. So how'dyou do it?

You need to only unlock all skill tree nodes from 1 faction to get the trophy. No need to upgrade nodes fully 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ASaltyCabbage said:

I heard Zenurik is getting an ability removed, so I'm changing trees.

I assume you're talking about the passive energy regen?  Yeah, that's gone, but there are still some interesting things in the tree.  Every tree has two nodes that can be unlocked to use in other trees too so even if you do switch away from Zenurik you could still use your existing Zenurik points to unlock higher max energy and energy regen for your Operator.

Edited by Katinka

Just now, (PS4)ASaltyCabbage said:

I hope so. I heard Zenurik is getting an ability removed, so I'm changing trees. So that way if its still possible to get the trophy, I will. 

It wasn't removed so much as changed. You can still have darn high energy regen, but you have to actually manage it by refreshing the buff. 

Edit: also zenurik actually has some power potential in its void dash chain lightning. Its a wonderful support attack that can shred crowds decently.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

3 hours ago, Katinka said:

I assume you're talking about the passive energy regen?  Yeah, that's gone, but there are still some interesting things in the tree.  Every tree has two nodes that can be unlocked to use in other trees too so even if you do switch away from Zenurik you could still use your existing Zenurik points to unlock higher max energy and energy regen for your Operator.

its not gone at all... Just on a 30 second timer and you can refresh it while its going. And it even gives more energy then before.

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

its not gone at all... Just on a 30 second timer and you can refresh it while its going. And it even gives more energy then before.

That's hardly the same thing.  In some ways it's closer to one of the other nodes Zenurik had that provided an area of energy regen for the whole party for a period after using Focus, but now you can use it more often.  I feel I should point out that I'm not complaining about the change, I actually think it was the right thing to do and am fairly happy with the focus trees as they are (some costs and numbers could be tweaked but the overall format is good) but I'm not going to try to pass off the current abilities as the same as the old when they aren't.  Whether or not they are better or worse is for each player to decide after careful consideration of all pros and cons.  That said, I like it, regen energy faster and available from the start instead of waiting until the mission is almost over for the small inconvenience of a void dash, plus it's coupled with the new passive of getting 50% extra from any energy orb pickups (which if infinitely better for toggle powers).