Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Formorian Event - The Little Guys

EirikAura

Yeah, and while you're spending lots of time doing that, you're running out of time on the Event. You're not going to get "lots of mods to a decent level" in just 2-3 hours of Mobile Defense. The drops aren't THAT good.

And many people are doing INFESTED mobile defense (you know, for corruptors?). Wanna know what drops in Infested MD? Warframe Powers, more than anything.

Oh, and it takes CREDITS to fuse these mods together. Lots of them, in fact. How many newbies do you know have 100k+ credits to dump on mods in a hurry? Not many, probably. Newbies don't have access to Void, and their missions only give 1-2k credits per mission. Throw a couple fusion cores on 1 mod, there goes a mission worth of credits right there.

We were given just short of a week's notice on this event.  Plenty of time to level up stuff that people should want to level anyways.  Not to mention hit rank 2, craft some kunai and not really even need good mods to S#&$ on most stuff. 

It's also not realistically possible to make an event for a 2-3 hour player that wouldn't be too easy for most of the community.  The whole point in these events is to keep people playing, if they're done in an instant, more players will lose interest, as opposed to a handful of new players that didn't take the time to figure out how to grind efficiently.

Newbies do have access to the void.  They might not be getting tower III keys, but tower I and II are quite accessible.  Hell, tower III isn't entirely out of reach either since Olympus, mars (starts with level 26 mobs) starts out at tier 3.

Edited by Aggh

Instead of spawning new ships, they could have at least allowed us to assault the "downed" ships for more points because this is a limited event and not everybody has uber-awesome gear to survive Level 40, 50, 60 mobs and/or actually contribute to the effort beyond lugging a corruptor around.

And even then, what happens when all the ships are dead and people are still needing more points? They should get screwed out of rewards because there's no way to obtain points? They needed a way to obtain points if ships are down IMO.

I'm with Xylia on this one. After all, more overkill of the ship is better.

Why allow it to just get pulled into the gravity well of a planet or drift out into space when we could overload its reactor even more, to go critical and create an apocalyptic explosion?

Then level up your frames and weapons.  Sedna will at least be pretty survivable with semi decent gear.  It's still a popular place for leveling up new weapons and frames. Quickly leveling stuff up is pretty viable on cyath, eris no matter what level your stuff is since a lot of people are grinding corruptors there

How is he supposed to do both at the same time. Not everyone spends most of his time gaming.The community needs to be more open to different types of gamers, not just the hardcore ones like maybe you and definitely me :D Some people have just started and it would be only fair to allow them to participate where they can be useful. It's easy to forget we once started with a Lato, Braton and a Skana with no mods, no reactors and had to empty full mags to take down a lvl 5-9 heavy once you run around with triple formad potatoed leet gear that makes everything disappear in the blink of an eye. Let's not be that guy who forgets how it was in the beginning, when he was just an unranked Tenno with big dreams ; )

How is he supposed to do both at the same time. Not everyone spends most of his time gaming.The community needs to be more open to different types of gamers, not just the hardcore ones like maybe you and definitely me :D Some people have just started and it would be only fair to allow them to participate where they can be useful. It's easy to forget we once started with a Lato, Braton and a Skana with no mods, no reactors and had to empty full mags to take down a lvl 5-9 heavy once you run around with triple formad potatoed leet gear that makes everything disappear in the blink of an eye. Let's not be that guy who forgets how it was in the beginning, when he was just an unranked Tenno with big dreams ; )

He's been playing at least within the last 17 days.  He's had plenty of time even playing casually to get gear that would let him deal with lvl 30-40 mobs.  You'd be surprised how many people have significantly increased the time they've had to spend grinding because they haven't spent a couple seconds looking up the best way to level/grind for stuff.

Edited by Aggh

He's been playing at least within the last 17 days.  He's had plenty of time even playing casually to get gear that would let him deal with lvl 30 mobs.

lvl 30 ? you do realize the two last planets were level 50 and 60 right ? And 17 days might seem a lot to someone whose main activity is gaming, but to a casual gamer trying to discover a new game while still maintaining on top of his daily activities (like work, kids, school, sport, girlfriends, shopping, cooking, cleaning, friends, family etc etc etc) he will be hard pressed to rank up anything let alone be able to fill in the mod capacity and afford it credit wise. Don't be too quick to judge others by your own standards, we all have different priorities.

ehe, shouldn't sometime a event to cater to a higher level player? A event is a not a freebie mod giveaway, if you cannot complete the challenge, you do not get the full mod. Honestly, it is pretty easy. You do not need quad formaed supra or acrid, but it does make it easier. A simple decent modded boltor and kunai should be do the job. You got a boltor? Good, stick an AP mod and a serration on there, if you have mutishot, even better. Look for a squad on recruiting, most people will help you. 

Edited by tgipier

ehe, shouldn't sometime a event to cater to a higher level player? A event is a not a freebie mod giveaway, if you cannot complete the challenge, you do not get the full mod. Honestly, it is pretty easy. You do not need quad formaed supra or acrid, but it does make it easier. A simple decent modded boltor and kunai should be do the job. You got a boltor? Good, stick an AP mod and a serration on there, if you have mutishot, even better. Look for a squad on recruiting, most people will help you. 

Again, easier said then done. Well faster really :P I think DE did cater to it's hardcore community, i for one am very pleased with higher levels. That doesn't prevent me from understanding how it must be for rank 1 Tennos. Boltor is mastery rank ... 2 or 4 ?? Am not sure anymore, anyhow you also need neurodes and credits. Not to mention mods and fusion cores if you want to level up the firepower of this beast. Again, not everyone has been playing for months and some new players just want to be able to participate to the event while still having fun killing stuff and at the same time discover and learn. I don't see how it's a bad thing to have a thought for these players and make them feel right at home instead of saying "you just should've done this or that". OP came to the forums with what he felt he needed to express, giving DE some feedback on how this event feels to a more newbie player. We should just acknowledge the data and take it into account ; )

Again, easier said then done. Well faster really :P I think DE did cater to it's hardcore community, i for one am very pleased with higher levels. That doesn't prevent me from understanding how it must be for rank 1 Tennos. Boltor is mastery rank ... 2 or 4 ?? Am not sure anymore, anyhow you also need neurodes and credits. Not to mention mods and fusion cores if you want to level up the firepower of this beast. Again, not everyone has been playing for months and some new players just want to be able to participate to the event while still having fun killing stuff and at the same time discover and learn. I don't see how it's a bad thing to have a thought for these players and make them feel right at home instead of saying "you just should've done this or that". OP came to the forums with what he felt he needed to express, giving DE some feedback on how this event feels to a more newbie player. We should just acknowledge the data and take it into account ; )

Boltor is only 2. run a couple kappa for mods, brute force level those mods with other crap mods. 

Edited by tgipier

I'm honestly shocked at how hard people are making it out to be to level. If your frame is sub 20, run Kappa and hit 30 within 5 runs and gain a bunch of mods in the process. This shouldn't take more then a couple of hours even with PuGs.

You can't claim it is super hard, I've done it with completely un-leveled frames and weapons before. Your team mates may have to do some heavier lifting, but even an Excalibur with Slash Dash can contribute to the mission if played safely.

Heck, the Neptune ship is still up, and that shouldn't be out of reach for lower level Tenno either.

Edited by lZerul

The real requirements is only a Frost. Nyx however can be ultra helpful for getting the team there and screwing up the mob attack waves.

Pair them together and the fun begins. Nyx can carry entire lowbies across while frost help defend the machine.

I and a clan mate did a 2 men, he use frost while I was using a levelling Nyx, so it can be done.

things are easier once experienced, this thread is about inexperienced players who are still discovering the game yet want to participate to the event without spending a whole week-end leveling up and grinding/farming mods, credits and loot to build a weapon they'll only get 12 hours later. I'm not surprised at how closed minded some of you guys in this topic are, but i am stunned at how stubborn y'all can be. Just because we, the Warframe "vets" know the answers  doesn't mean we should expect every new player to know all we know as soon as they start playing. That doesn't make any sense. Events like these should be made enjoyable by DE for their whole player base. To me it's obvious DE will need to look into that as it's not the 1st event where people speak up about this issue. You can claim all you want that anyone has the time/know-how to level up the gear/frame they need to efficiently tackle those mission, it's doesn't make it true. Fact is, some people will only have a couple of hours of game time available to them. What do you reckon they do ? travel back into time to level up ? no offense but get real ...

currently the bombing missions are rush and many people with old comp/bad connections are hosting often this could result in dying without you "visually" taking bullets or getting bursted on randomly. 

just doing the mission once will get you 2 of those mods. if you are set on getting 250 pts take some preparation. put on w/e warframe you have that has highest base shield pool and focus on levelling your redirection. frost,rhino,mag (150 base shield) around rank 15~20 with 120% redirection can get at least 450 shield and 120% redirection takes only about 8 extra redirection mods? (for fusing. if not a few fusion cores). when you press Z you can see other players shield and hp pool. there are 3 other people to protect the computers. yes its better to be helpful than just hide in corner, but in rush missions, high lv players would prefer that you focus on survival. 

sedna ship is lv30~40 i believe.

while i do agree it sucks that the low level ships are gone and it doesnt help new players to really enjoy the event, i'd suggest doing what you can to get more points. and since its rushed no one really cares about kills and only times you get disconnected from the team is when the host drops out.

frost will get you in party "easier" but its not a requirement. you only need to protect the small 3 computers. due to the location they tend to run down the stairs before they really start shooting it. so even without frost or vauban they can simply protect by spamming ults and killing them all.

most frames with maxed ult will be able to oneshot in sedna and neptune.

for skill mods, you can fuse other skill mods to get it to max. because of same polarity they fuse to give high points with cheap cost.

overall hope this info is helpful and although i understand your frustration, DE is always holding new events so, give them sometime and im sure they'll make next one more enjoyable for everyone.

currently the bombing missions are rush and many people with old comp/bad connections are hosting often this could result in dying without you "visually" taking bullets or getting bursted on randomly. 

just doing the mission once will get you 2 of those mods. if you are set on getting 250 pts take some preparation. put on w/e warframe you have that has highest base shield pool and focus on levelling your redirection. frost,rhino,mag (150 base shield) around rank 15~20 with 120% redirection can get at least 450 shield and 120% redirection takes only about 8 extra redirection mods? (for fusing. if not a few fusion cores). when you press Z you can see other players shield and hp pool. there are 3 other people to protect the computers. yes its better to be helpful than just hide in corner, but in rush missions, high lv players would prefer that you focus on survival. 

sedna ship is lv30~40 i believe.

while i do agree it sucks that the low level ships are gone and it doesnt help new players to really enjoy the event, i'd suggest doing what you can to get more points. and since its rushed no one really cares about kills and only times you get disconnected from the team is when the host drops out.

frost will get you in party "easier" but its not a requirement. you only need to protect the small 3 computers. due to the location they tend to run down the stairs before they really start shooting it. so even without frost or vauban they can simply protect by spamming ults and killing them all.

most frames with maxed ult will be able to oneshot in sedna and neptune.

for skill mods, you can fuse other skill mods to get it to max. because of same polarity they fuse to give high points with cheap cost.

overall hope this info is helpful and although i understand your frustration, DE is always holding new events so, give them sometime and im sure they'll make next one more enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks for the constructive input. I agree with what you say, but at a point all there was was level 50-60 event missions (ceres and Pluto i believe), the survivability chance of low level warframes in these is  about as big a lvl 30 heavy grineer facing 4 fully leveled and modded warframes ...  More then once i ended up with low level warframes who kept on dieing and had less kills combined then my ... total melee kills  .... not that they weren't trying, but there's a point where unless you're well equipped you'll feel useless to the team, that's no fun to anyone ; )

I'll say what I said during the last event when people complained about needing to be X level or have maxed mods: If you just started playing warframe, then you will more than likely not be prepared to take on an event which caters to the majority of active players.

I'm sorry, I really feel for you, but if you started late and do not yet have mods or a level 30 frame or weapons, then I don't suspect you are ready for an event. That's just a matter of poor timing. You will be ready for the next one, however! Or at least should be.

Either way, there is nothing stopping you from linking up with a clan or scouting the recruitment channel for groups who are willing to help. Despite the levels, these missions aren't amazingly hard. So long as you keep up with the group, you should be well protected. It also really doesn't take much to max out a frame, especially if you're going to run infested defense for corrupters anyway.

Thanks for the constructive input. I agree with what you say, but at a point all there was was level 50-60 event missions (ceres and Pluto i believe), the survivability chance of low level warframes in these is  about as big a lvl 30 heavy grineer facing 4 fully leveled and modded warframes ...  More then once i ended up with low level warframes who kept on dieing and had less kills combined then my ... total melee kills  .... not that they weren't trying, but there's a point where unless you're well equipped you'll feel useless to the team, that's no fun to anyone ; )

but im sure they appreciated your help for carrying them.

I'll say what I said during the last event when people complained about needing to be X level or have maxed mods: If you just started playing warframe, then you will more than likely not be prepared to take on an event which caters to the majority of active players.

I'm sorry, I really feel for you, but if you started late and do not yet have mods or a level 30 frame or weapons, then I don't suspect you are ready for an event. That's just a matter of poor timing. You will be ready for the next one, however! Or at least should be.

Either way, there is nothing stopping you from linking up with a clan or scouting the recruitment channel for groups who are willing to help. Despite the levels, these missions aren't amazingly hard. So long as you keep up with the group, you should be well protected. It also really doesn't take much to max out a frame, especially if you're going to run infested defense for corrupters anyway.

so basically you're saying: "sorry if you're new to Warframe and were pumped about this event only to find out you're utterly useless as a starting frame passed Mercury and Venus. Deal with it, group up with a squad that will carry you through levels where you will have zero chances of survival if you get left behind or just wait for the next event because us leet frames have already rushed passed the easy planets.DE and vet frames didn't think you new guys should be a part of an awesome community event, all that matters is that us vets have what we want because we started playing this sooner"  That's about it, right ?  I'm glad you do feel for them though ...

Considering there were multiple lower level ships the past couple of days, I don't think its unfair to say that the lower level players just missed their chance to participate in the area of the event meant for them.

While I can understand not getting in on the Mercury ships, there were several other lower level ones operational for quite some time yesterday.

but im sure they appreciated your help for carrying them.

i'm sure they did, but i doubt it was any fun for them as they could hardly kill anything ; )   Maybe a system could be made where our mastery rank would prohibit us from entering low level event missions until the final 24 hours. But I'm sure by then the newbies would've done their job = )

Considering there were multiple lower level ships the past couple of days, I don't think its unfair to say that the lower level players just missed their chance to participate in the area of the event meant for them.

While I can understand not getting in on the Mercury ships, there were several other lower level ones operational for quite some time yesterday.

Today it's all lvl 50+ (until sedna came up). Today is a sunday, probably the day where most people will have time to play. I still believe DE should make an effort and find a way to avoid the high mastery rank players (players who clearly SHOULD be ready and have no excuse) from rushing through the easy event missions to claim top prizes with a minimum amount of efforts. Some people can play all week-end. Some will have only one day, or maybe even a few hours. Doesn't matter when that moment is, but they should be able to find an event mission at their level at any time during the event. Not just the 1st 24 hours and then "oh sry we ate all the cookies, y'all late but here's some crumbs and some sour milk from yesterday".

I'm personally a level 8 mastery and thus have nothing to gain from this argumentation. I'm just trying to remind us how it was to discover Warframe and how it would have felt to be useless in such a big community event while getting all excited about it. It doesn't show a good image of the game and the community. Let a Ninja Ninja, whatever his level, and may he feel welcome in this great community from his first day on !!!

Peace and i'm out !

Edited by FunkDoctaSpock

i dont think its fair to say 'too late oh well'  

new players probably require more time than high rank players to get corruptors, assuming they dont have missions like xini unlocked.

also, problem is majority of the dmg on those "low level" ships are done by the hardcore players. 

not to mention some players could have been out of town until just now.