Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New stance for exalted blade

iNew_Vexx

Hi,

I'm here to talk about excalibur exalted blade stance. Its boring just for me or you guys agree that excalibur need a new stance for EB? The melee stance help the player not feel boring about spaming "E", if u want to do a nice combo, go for it. If u want to spaming E, go for it. But give me some option to choose. To me, DE have some nice option for exalted blade like:

1 - Create a new stance for EB;

2 - Adapt the sword stance for EB;

3 - Create MOD stance for EB.

This can be use for another abilitys to like valkyer hysteria, or the new wonder wonder wip frame.

What you guys think?

In my opinion Exalted Blade has no need for a new stand. EB actually does have a mod stance, with its own set of combos. Allowing it to be equipped on almost anything else would be an animation nightmare anyways.

If you're not wanting to spam E, perhaps Excalibur isn't the frame for you. Otherwise, just don't use his 4?

This is what I'm hoping for Excalibur Umbra.
DE have said they don't want Umbras to be the effective same thing as Primes, they want them to be a somewhat different take on the same Frame.

So I'm hoping that the Nikana Excal Umbra is shown with in the trailer is a hint that his passive is changed to be for Nikanas and not Swords and that his abilities and especially 4 use an Exaulted Nikana instead.

33 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

This is what I'm hoping for Excalibur Umbra.
DE have said they don't want Umbras to be the effective same thing as Primes, they want them to be a somewhat different take on the same Frame.

So I'm hoping that the Nikana Excal Umbra is shown with in the trailer is a hint that his passive is changed to be for Nikanas and not Swords and that his abilities and especially 4 use an Exaulted Nikana instead.

I'm hoping that it will be an ōdachi (two-handed katana) since they are currently working on adding those to the game, giving it a different feel while still being kind of similar.  I hope Umbra frames will be the same as primes but with all or most of their abilities slightly tweaked for a different play style than the base frame

Edited by Lholland

8 hours ago, Mk_1 said:

EB has a stance with special moves already though?

Yes, and none of them are worth using at all. Spamming E is the most effective way of using it, and that shouldn't be the case. Combos should be much better than the basic Espam.

8 hours ago, ldegroodt115 said:

In my opinion Exalted Blade has no need for a new stand. EB actually does have a mod stance, with its own set of combos. Allowing it to be equipped on almost anything else would be an animation nightmare anyways.

If you're not wanting to spam E, perhaps Excalibur isn't the frame for you. Otherwise, just don't use his 4?

The combos are well animated, but unfortunately they are very weak by comparison to mashing E mindlessly. Same happens with Valkyr. That's not a good thing. It's kind of how Maiming Strike is so stupidly overpowered than using a Macrospam is superior to using stance combos in general.

Combos, be melee or exalted weapon, should be far superior to the basic E spam and Slide attack.

I don't think he needs a new stance though. Just do a few tweaks:

-Lancing Justice should only project a ranged wave on it's final attack.

-Virtuous Slash project ranged waves on all it's attacks after the 'pause' with the finishing wave traveling further away and dealing more damage than usual.

-Cutting Poise project on it's 3rd hit an energy spike in front of Excalibur, knocking down targets in front of him. And the final attack making 7m range 150º wide wave.

-Equal Laceration project waves on all hits after the 'hold' with the final attack projecting one that travels much furher away and with increased speed.