Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skana Replica

-SpaceyMan-

I've been getting into woodworking recently so I decided to make one of the most iconic weapons from my favorite game :laugh:

This skana is made from a single piece of pine and finished with Danish oil to highlight the grain.

Pictures:

Spoiler

PeU67tq.jpg

5twk6S6.jpg

zd5lQKc.jpg

I hope you like it and would love to hear what you think :smile:

Edited by Chad334

I make a lot of props from games too, and I was wondering, how long this took you, how large and heavy it is, and how comfortable it is to hold in your hand (sword combat wise). I made a skana a few months back from foam and a flattened pvc pipe for internal support, but ended up selling it. I remember it was a little weird to grip and hold. This one looks much better and smoother, good work!

Edited by SergeantSunshine

3 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

how long this took you, how large and heavy it is, and how comfortable it is to hold in your hand (sword combat wise).

The shaping and sanding took 3 days, working for around 3 hours a day. 

It weighs a tiny 200g due to pine being a relatively soft wood, and is 38 inches long, which is best estimate I could get from the in-game model.

The handle is just big enough to hold with 2 hands and feels quite comfortable. Again, it's an estimate from the actual model which is quite small.

5 hours ago, Cortanis said:

I'm assuming no plans to paint? Looks good ether way. Maybe try a colored version next?

I like the natural wood look a lot more than paint, so I'm going to leave it how it is, although I'd love to make another one some time so I can improve :smile:

Having said that, it wont be for a while. I've got a much larger project in mind, although it isn't Warframe related.

I would absolutely love to learn how to forge swords, but I don't have the money for tools right now or the time to learn, so wood is a lot easier :laugh:

I was planning on making a Galatine, and maybe still will, although it comes in at just over 2 meters in length so is obviously a massive undertaking. If you have anything easier you would like to see, suggest it and I might get around to it :smile:

LOL you'd be surprised how cheap it can be to get started in forging. It just takes a certified ton of salvaging to get the stuff needed.

I'd suggest doing the Fang or Fang Prime. Both are somewhat more detailed then the Skana and present more of a challenge since you need to create two identical ones. The dual Zoren and the Frysta skin would also be semi difficult but pretty cool projects in my opinion. (This is from my personal list of things I'm going to be working on)