Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Control over faction Weapon Augment mods....

Fractalisomega

I've been playing with the Mire for a while with the "Toxic Blight" mod.... it's pretty great.... but I have one complaint...

I'd personally love to be able to save up the "Burst of damage" that this mod grants and have it ready to use at an optimal time.... nothing quite like killing almost every enemy in the room and having this Mod activate to kill the last one or two.

Give me a button or something that lets me keep this burst of damage for when I'm fighting a whole platoon... not Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Control is power... 

Edited by Fractalisomega

maybe instead of a flat damage then it would be a percentage? Past like level 20-30 the effect is only good for the status proc and the effect..the damage is a flat 1000...before mitigations...I would love to be able to store up damage over time, while still being able to make use of the effects/status...hmm, i wonder how that would work with your idea.

Maybe a charge up period from kills while its on its cooldown (i think its like 45 seconds or something) could charge up the damage more..something like around 1% enemy hp is stored, with a number above it while it on CD?

On 11/7/2017 at 3:15 PM, Kalvorax said:

maybe instead of a flat damage then it would be a percentage? Past like level 20-30 the effect is only good for the status proc and the effect..the damage is a flat 1000...before mitigations...I would love to be able to store up damage over time, while still being able to make use of the effects/status...hmm, i wonder how that would work with your idea.

Maybe a charge up period from kills while its on its cooldown (i think its like 45 seconds or something) could charge up the damage more..something like around 1% enemy hp is stored, with a number above it while it on CD?

Sounds good to me... but the problem still stands that there is no way to control the release of this "Burst" of damage

14 hours ago, Fractalisomega said:

Sounds good to me... but the problem still stands that there is no way to control the release of this "Burst" of damage

that is true. I would think using the secondary fire could work, except that there are a few weapons with syndicate procs that have secondary fire....and we unfortunately also have to take into account consoles and their type of controllers :| (I say that due to the very limited controls....nothing else)

10 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

that is true. I would think using the secondary fire could work, except that there are a few weapons with syndicate procs that have secondary fire....and we unfortunately also have to take into account consoles and their type of controllers :| (I say that due to the very limited controls....nothing else)

perhaps a dual button command.....

Right click and Reload buttons for example....

18 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

The X key starts a reload if there is no context specific action available.

Perhaps triggering these bursts could be put there instead.

16 hours ago, Fractalisomega said:

perhaps a dual button command.....

Right click and Reload buttons for example....

hmm, either of those could work for sure. I know many of us have wanted a way to manually trigger the procs, especially in stealth missions. Regarding the Use key prompting a reload, that is based on the options. Maybe if we dont have any interaction prompts the Use key could work just fine? or even Zoom and Use.

@Fractalisomega Sorry for going a bit off topic on my 1st post.