Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback: Cash Shop, the state of F2P in Warframe, the future.

Ced23Ric

My biggest problem is that most weapons and frames can only be obtained via Platinum. As someone who has started playing, this severely limits what I can and can't do in this game. You gotta give players a little running room before they'll decide to shell out cash.

Okay you are new, for that I won't antagonize you. But you might want to reasearch on these stuff first before saying something wrong.

I got 3 Warframe and 8 weapons (all best weapon available right now) and I don't need to spend a dime for platinum.

And platinum, that is the point.

Can you elaborate, why is that a point when you can buy the weapon with credit?

Edited by Redler

No actually, that's not the point. I think you lost the point somewhere along the way.

Can you please contribute to the conversation instead of trying to sound like a smart alec?

Can you elaborate, why is that a point when you can buy the weapon with credit?

Follow my logic here. I buy the Afuris blueprint which is the dual pistols. Inside of it I see I require two furis and an orokin cell to build this, makes sense. I go to look for a Furis blueprint in order to build it, not in the market. I go to the furis pistol in order to buy directly, but it requires in-game currency and platinum.

So, if in order for a free player to get these dual pistols, they must either find the Furis blueprint which could take who knows how long or they buy two pistols for 40,000 credits and 250 platinum. That doesn't sound very free.

They need weapons that are buyable with only in-game currency, not in-game and platinum combined. This is intimidating to new players who plan to play for free when they see no possible way to get a new weapon without buying real currency.

Edited by G3rman

So, if in order for a free player to get these dual pistols, they must either find the Furis blueprint which could take who knows how long or they buy two pistols for 40,000 credits and 250 platinum. That doesn't sound very free.

What?

No, no, the Credit and Platnium costs are mutually exclusive. You pay one OR the other, not both. So you either pay 15,000 credits to get the one Furis pistol or you pay 120 plat to get it. When the purchase menu comes up, you either select the credit cost or the platnium cost.

I'm not sure how you missed that all this time.

Edited by SkyllianBlitz

Can you please contribute to the conversation instead of trying to sound like a smart alec?

Follow my logic here. I buy the Afuris blueprint which is the dual pistols. Inside of it I see I require two furis and an orokin cell to build this, makes sense. I go to look for a Furis blueprint in order to build it, not in the market. I go to the furis pistol in order to buy directly, but it requires in-game currency and platinum.

They need weapons that are buyable with only in-game currency, not in-game and platinum combined. This is intimidating to new players who plan to play for free when they see no possible way to get a new weapon without buying real currency.

The prices are in creds or in plat. You dont pay creds and plat you pay creds OR plat.

Appologies,

Just like to draw attention to the fact that this is a thread about the cash shop and that discussion on this thread should be dirrected mostly towards that topic, I acknowledge that I have been talking about subjects other than the cash shop so here I am trying to set things straight.

For discussion on the orokin system see this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/7715-orokin-catalystsreactors-need-to-change-a-letter-to-the-game-devs/page__hl__market

For discussion about player trading see here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/8918-whether-the-exchange-between-the-players-and-if-so-when/page__hl__market#entry70118

For discussion about the upgrade and character leveling (RPG elements) see here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/7172-player-progression-brainstorm-session/page__hl__market

So getting back to the appropriate subject, the cash shop really does need to change to make it easier to calculate how much your spending and pretty much adopt most of the changes suggested in the original post because that guy really appears to have done some fair dinkum research and appears to know what he's talking about.

Sorry Warframe community for screwing with the due process.

Great post with good ideas, unfortunately posts like this usually end up being just that, ideas, without practical use because devs don't want to "take" ideas from players (that's generally speaking, a lot of games have REALLY good and easy to implement ideas to improve the game greatly, yet developers do not use them for some reason)

I've played a total of ~30hours and I'm getting bored because of the "restrictions" such as orokin items. I feel like leveling weapons over lvl15 is waste of time because it gives no benefit other than being able to use higher level mods. I considered paying for platinum, but then I remembered other betas that had in-game shops and ended up a total waste of money because the game was not that good at release or was pay to win in general. I do not want to pay for something in order to be able to advance further in the game (weapon/warframe stats), but I'd pay for some cool cosmetic stuff.

I'm in the same place as Arkod still. I'd be willing to spend on cosmetics since that stuff really is just cool.

But this game asks me to pay for the right to use half the progression I've managed. This is preventing me from feeling comfortable investing in the game in the first place. If DE is already willing to hold 15 ranks worth of my progression back for money who is to say they wont introduce more similar issues later? I've played more then enough other games to know that as a customer this thought should be on my mind.

The existance of this issue in the first place IS the problem. DE shouldn't have to begin with. This Orokin/Supercharge feature was never going to enhance or improve the game, it literally can't. It only detracts from the experience.

Edited by Blatantfool

Great post with good ideas, unfortunately posts like this usually end up being just that, ideas, without practical use because devs don't want to "take" ideas from players (that's generally speaking, a lot of games have REALLY good and easy to implement ideas to improve the game greatly, yet developers do not use them for some reason)

I can assure you that the OP has been read by DE and processed internally. They will come out with a new angle on the current system.

I can assure you that the OP has been read by DE and processed internally. They will come out with a new angle on the current system.

It's good to have someone like you in the design council and give voice to the community :)

Devs should make a thread poll on what players would like to see in the cash shop, what they would buy and take that information into consideration. I don't know why they haven't done so yet.

Because a poll does nothing good for a brainstormed thread full of discussion. The expression of wishes of a forum population are hardly representative of the actual gaming population, as only a fragment of players goes on the forums, and only a fragment of those actually post, discuss and vote. It would be a poll based on the opinions of a few handful players. A discussion, on the other hand, actually produces arguments to work with, shines light on multiple aspects and is much easier to abstract and extrapolate.

And on the side, and I say this with my own inclusion, players have really skewed perceptions. ;)

Edit: What I forgot to mention; The Design Council is actively working with DE on the current stream of development priorities. In our ongoing discussions, content has been identified as a primary concern, so that is where we are currently headed. The cash shop has been put on slightly lower priority, but it'll come. :)

Edited by Ced23Ric

So I've seen quite a bit on the Reactors / Catalysts and heard many different Ideas for how to fix them but there is one way to obtain them that I've yet to see mentioned.

Trading Platinum or even reactors themselves between players with credits

Its pretty popular in some games and seems to do fairly well, it fixes the issues of having to pay money to get a reactor if your not lucky enough to get the daily or the schematic. It also fixes the issue I've heard mentioned of working towards an unseen goal.

The devs will still get the money while players who can't afford to buy platinum don't feel cheated, leaving the only problem being that right now credits can't really buy very many things and you can quickly acrew far to many credits, especialy if you have a booster.

Just a quick idea that hit me, if its already been mentioned then just ignore me.

--edit--

Another one just hit me that could work as a free but limited aquisition of the Reactors / Catalysts, instead of aquiring them every x missions have the choice to aquire them upon clearing a sector compleatly, allowing new players to quickly get a reactor from mercury then be given the choice between reactor or catalyst for the future maps which take longer to clear.

Edited by Achaemenes

Another one just hit me that could work as a free but limited aquisition of the Reactors / Catalysts, instead of aquiring them every x missions have the choice to aquire them upon clearing a sector compleatly, allowing new players to quickly get a reactor from mercury then be given the choice between reactor or catalyst for the future maps which take longer to clear.

+1 Like the idea if its mentioned already or not!

To the dev's: If u get them for complete sectors only and the rest u have to buy with platinum or trade from other players (in the future maket XD ). You do not feel upset by them anymore u feel motivated to hunt for them because u have a clear goal! It doesn't make a too big cut into cashshop and players hopfully do not feel that depressed any more.

Edited by _ZAR_