Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Pvp

Askobin

It wouldn't balance out. And this seems like more whining than feedback just more name calling and mocking and saying you'll cry if you don't get what you want. They didn't want to make another pvp game when there's a new one every 3 months. You want pvp go play a pvp game nothing in this one is "leading up to" pvp in this game.And with the current bugs and lack of lore and stealth still being an issue and the countless other issues another game mode entirely shouldn't be thrown in also.Maybe once the game is in a finished state with everything nice and polished they can work on dueling but the usual tdm and free for all and capture this and that no that's not warframe that's generic ftp shooters.

I agree that there should be more PvP features, but i'd rather them work on other content for the time being, the dojo suits my 1v1 needs as of right now.

It's been said a ton of times that PvP and PvE will be balanced differently, and there really is NO reason to not have a dueling type pvp aside from additional content coming later than it usually would.

This...

Go cry,this game has a dojo and thats enough! those pvp threads geting pretty annoying now 

Aaaaand this...

I take it you haven't read the FAQ? Their stance is already clear, PVE remains the focus.

"Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now."

Aaaaand this.

Anyways, I oneshot everyone with my Snidal. PvP requires "gentleman's agreements" regarding mods allowed currently. Until THAT changes, you get a big NO to pvp.

And that's not changing for a long while.

Ive been waiting for a fun, casual MMO with a dedicated dev team to come out for years. And now that I finally found one people are crying for PvP. I STOPPED playing PvP games because it wasnt fun to me anymore. It was mostly stressful and repetitive. I like the way the game is now and any further developments on PvP at this time would cause me to stop playing.

i know about flamewars. i know about all your pros and cons for pvp

but cmon. DE will never be able to make AI use wallrun and all the other manouvers a warframe is able to do Teamwork is not even a Little bit a part of warframe right now. all manouvers like left/right roll etc have no use at all... the only things used are rush and slide and rush and slide and rush and slide....

there is no such Thing as positioning, using manouvers for tactical Advantage and on. this challange can only be achieved by other real People enabling their warframes and challange each other. working their Brains, to observe a room tacticly

this game has so much pve potential and is still growing. ppl who do not want to Play pvp will not be forced to do so.

Balance isn't that big of an issue as u may think. ofc the mimimi of all the lowbobs who Play their first shooter game, sitting on the first Computer ever made and only want to Play the best and most overpowered warframe while crying about Balance all the time will destroy not only the Progress, but Keep pvp to become a part of warframe. 

but skill, positioning, manouvers and weaponry will Balance alot. there will always be better or weakler equipped Player...

its more important to adjust Player eq Level before they enter a pvp match.

anyway. at some Point DE will be struggle by keeping People interested in warframe. that Problem would be solved by a pvp mode. giving People a constantly changing challange and alot more indepth possibilities.

srsly guys this game is not made for pve only.

DE is focusing at pve first for a good reason.  but it would be the badest choice ever if they did not implement a solid pvp mode...

i mean cmon... DOJO?! wtf?!? a very small room with 4 pillars to use for tactical.... oh wait... you dont have that 4 pillars.... you have only a very very small cyrcle... and you cant even set the time Limit off or start multible duels WTF DE? this is rly a Punch in the face and a kick in the nuts! and is way off the neviau Players are used to get from you.

you have to admit that DE! ...

if i want that hurtful pain, i would have never stopped playing diablo 3 -.-

PS: many (mostly) defence maps (especially the older ones) where already perfect for PVP.

just implement a Team matchmaking, deathmatch possibility. F*** Balance. its a beta. we Need to test it. ofc take your time!!! i dont want to force anything

if you are going to never release pvp modes or stay with that dojo cycle, pls let me know, i gladly spent the last 80€ for warframe without regrets, but i would stop playing this game immediatly. there wouldnt be a Point, would there? there is so much potential. everything in this game is heading towards pvp and hella good and fun and replayable pve. why are guys complaining?! wtf is wrong with them? after 6 months they will get boored with farming over and over and over.... THEY FORGET THEY CAN ALWAYS CHOOSE NOT TO PLAY PVP!!

Im sorry guys! the reason why i write this way, is because warframe is by far the best and fun game i have ever played.

im rly afraid that we wont have the possibility to compare yourself with others because of all the lowbob mimimi (with those epic movements, meele, stealth, positioning... the list of tactic possibilitys is endless... and the fun and replayability we would have with it is endless as well...

i gladly wait for it... you know what to do first DE. i trust you!

but if there is not going to be pvp ever. im going to cry my heart out!

This sums everything up.

It's a PvE game first and foremost, with a little dash of friendly competition, and that's how it should stay.

PvP is not a development concern. Maybe it will be expanded upon, maybe not. Either way, it will be PvE oriented until the end of time, with PvP being little more than sparring.

Ced, I call upon thee to silence this thread with the mystical lock button!

Ive been waiting for a fun, casual MMO with a dedicated dev team to come out for years. And now that I finally found one people are crying for PvP. I STOPPED playing PvP games because it wasnt fun to me anymore. It was mostly stressful and repetitive. I like the way the game is now and any further developments on PvP at this time would cause me to stop playing.

this.

OP, this is a PvE game, let's leave it a PvE game, cause PvP games have a crowd of people who are never happy. First you get people wanting more PvP, then you get people who complain about balance, and then you get people who complain about ranks.

I hate PvP games because of the player base, they often think that they're the main reason why the game is popular, and most of them have this crazy large ego. You want to play a PvP game? There is no rule, no law saying you can't play another game that is/has PvP, and play warframe.

this.

OP, this is a PvE game, let's leave it a PvE game, cause PvP games have a crowd of people who are never happy. First you get people wanting more PvP, then you get people who complain about balance, and then you get people who complain about ranks.

I hate PvP games because of the player base, they often think that they're the main reason why the game is popular, and most of them have this crazy large ego. You want to play a PvP game? There is no rule, no law saying you can't play another game that is/has PvP, and play warframe.

We already complain about balance. We already complain about ranks. 

We already have players with crazy large ego. People yell at each other in game all the time. 

The idea is that people enjoy Warframe, and think that it, with its wall running/abilities etc., would make for an interesting pvp experience. And it would if it was properly implemented. 

PvP balance could be easily controlled by making seperate PvP warframes and mods you get through out the game. Want to participate in pvp? you go buy a pvp warframe and pack of pvp mods, or go grind them like every other mod and warframe. All  that would need to happen to make it more competative and easier to get into for people is to make the drops more common.

No PvP is why I'm quitting warframe today. The game has barely any original content PvE wise and seems to be a variation of raid and kill enemies or defend a point and kill enemies. I've pretty much achieved all goals in the game with about 70 hours of gameplay and there is nothing different from the early levels of the game and the later ones besides visual changes and the amount of cheese strategies you need to clear the obscenely hard T3 mobs.

I figured PvP would be a nice end goal for all the monotonous farming, blue print making, etc but all it does is make me better at doing what little boring content there is.

I considered supporting this game as a founder because I really appreciated the mechanics, controls, and level design that WF used but I can't give any money to a game whose devs and community says focuses on PvE to make a PvE game when in reality the PvE aspect of the game is severly lacking.

Edited by Monkeytofu

Look like the OP already started a forum PvP against anyone who disagree with him.

This topic is unwise.

Or the topic where someone said that "I dont care what you say or think but this game needs PVP"

I mean. Most of those pvp threads are the best example not to introduce it.....

The reason why it won't be balanced ?

A maxed Rhino stomp or Bastille with stretch will just lock everyone in the air, even if they did no damage.

That is easy kills even if you nerf the duration to only 3 second because there are weapons with innate stagger and that 3 seconds (in fact 1) is all you need to line up with a perma stagger hit weapon.

And also War Frame weapons scale far higher than what most of our hp or shields cannot handle.

PvP? LOL NO, i ran away from ego players full of themselves with their OMFGZARMOR+999 ..PVPONLYLOLHAHALOLISUXADIK

Srsly, Dojo is enough, someone should build a clan called : The douches we hate being tenno welcome grineer or something like that and you all PvPers join it and stay there killing each other.

Warframe is an AWESOME game for that PvE feeling, I love it.

PvP balance could be easily controlled by making seperate PvP warframes and mods you get through out the game. Want to participate in pvp? you go buy a pvp warframe and pack of pvp mods, or go grind them like every other mod and warframe. All  that would need to happen to make it more competative and easier to get into for people is to make the drops more common.

No PvP is why I'm quitting warframe today. The game has barely any original content PvE wise and seems to be a variation of raid and kill enemies or defend a point and kill enemies. I've pretty much achieved all goals in the game with about 70 hours of gameplay and there is nothing different from the early levels of the game and the later ones besides visual changes and the amount of cheese strategies you need to clear the obscenely hard T3 mobs.

I figured PvP would be a nice end goal for all the monotonous farming, blue print making, etc but all it does is make me better at doing what little boring content there is.

I considered supporting this game as a founder because I really appreciated the mechanics, controls, and level design that WF used but I can't give any money to a game whose devs and community says focuses on PvE to make a PvE game when in reality the PvE aspect of the game is severly lacking.

First off, don't let the door slap you in the &#! as you leave. The rest of us will be enjoying our space ninja status.

Second, that's why we support PvE, so it GROWS. PvP games are everywhere, even in games where it should never be there. See your Dead Space 2. PvP also practically BREEDS angry gamers with the tendency to yell same-gender-relationship-preferring-individual over the microphone at any and all people who either play better/differently/because they can. See your Call of Duty. When you bring competitiveness into any situation, it can almost certainly be relied upon to bring out the worst in people, with very few good people. Consequently, when you make something team oriented, you tend to bring out the best of people with very few bad people.

Not everything needs PvP, and frankly, I'd prefer if more games didn't. If you truly enjoy a story, you'll be willing to go through it again and again, regardless of how much you may already know it. And in Warframe's case, if you truly enjoy being a space ninja, you'll keep being a space ninja as long as you can.

giving People a constantly changing challange and alot more indepth possibilities.

Problem is with shooter pvp is it not usually "constantly challenging" and is actually less "in depth." In a shooter pvp there is no forward progress. And it usually relies more on reflexes and being able to predict the others movement then any real amount of "skill".

Most shooter pvp= spawn, kill, die, spawn, kill kill kill, die, spawn, die, spawn, kill, kill, kill, kill, ect ect. Rinse and repeat.

When I feel like a pvp game I go play CoD, Battlefield even the occasional TF2 or section 8 (the list goes on and on). Not every game needs pvp just because it's a shooter. And predicting people will loose interest is rather presumptuous don't you think? I for one have over 400 hours into the game and still enjoy playing it, even in beta.

And don't kid youself for a second, as soon as serious pvp is introduced all the winners will cry and complain until the devs "balance" the frames somehow. And then you'll end up with a WOW scenario just to name one example. We have here a rather unique coop pve game. They are rare these days, and they are rare because of people like you. There are already enough pvp shooters done every which way to Sunday and back again, this game does not need it. Let it be the coop pve game that it was designed to be.

Hi i'm new and this is my first post  :) 

on topic: 

Wtf is pvp pve ?  

and yes Warframe is awesome I think I'm addicted to it XD   

pvp players vs player

pve players vs everything

pvp is things like team deathmatch and such

pve is things like a co-op campaign

You couldn't just "balance" the frames without completely reworking large parts of their functionality, which wouldn't really work.

A vauban with Bastille and an Ogris will always dominate. He traps you and blows you up in a single shot every time. And even if this was multi-way PvP it would kill everyone within the blast radius. Same thing can easily happen with Rhino stomp.

Then you have the frames whose abilities are quite worthless in PvP, such as Nyx or Loki.

How would you balance between a frame with *zero* offensive abilities, that dont work on players (Looking at you Loki), and a frame such as Frost?

And what about the one frame that can make herself completely invulnerable and redirect the damage she takes back to you?

And then you have the weapons themselves. Things like the Ogris or Torid or Kunai would dominate while other weapons wouldn't even be considered because they would be worthless compared to those.

As it is, there would be no way to "balance" the frames. Sure, you can say that they just have to make PvP only frames, but that takes development time away from PvE, and they need to focus on the PvE and put more stuff in it. Trying to tackle PvP would only gimp the PvE aspects of this game.

I just hope that DE never implements much more PvP than they have already.

Edited by Tsukinoki

If you want to play a PvP game, go find one. I still cannot understand why every goddamn game has to have PvP. Warframe is great as it currently is.

EDIT: And think about the PvP lore-wise: The Tenno are on brink of extinction, why the hell would they want to kill their own kind?

Edited by GalliumGD

uhhh I think pvp makes no sense in WF imo, id rhino stomp you in a sec and youd be dead, is that your idea of fun ? this is pve deal with it.

well, skills apply differently in pve and pvp. which means, Balance is accomplishable. may u rhinostomp me, idc for all of the maybe imba things. they wont be imba and there will always be a counter to ones attack!

this game is definitly not a pve game only. Focus should be on pve, ofc! but without pvp they would miss out on so much...

well it is not needed now. they should Focus on pve as they do. in my opinion they should collect data from players talking about pvp possibilities...

but all there ppl do is argue, call names... whats the point?

the dojo was a nice middleway... but not having those 4 pillars to cover and experiment with alot of manouvers, takes the fun out of it ofter 20 won (non lost), since every warframe is a onehit and it is so easy to kill ppl who stand in front of you... also there is this stupid time limit u cant set off, made epic meelefights with friends always end too quickly.

lol! i read about making more duel rooms to make more than 1 duel at a time. stop trolling pls!

to put players in different "dungeons" whilst dueling shouldnt even be a topic to discuss! ...

PvP is not necessarily a bad thing, but not a focus as of now. If they do implement solid PvP, I really hope that the balancing is separated from PvE.

This was painful to read.

For example: srsly, rly, multible, possibilitys, cmon.

Sorry. Also, TL;DR is common courtesy in threads larger than a few paragraphs. Where's that?

well i have played 200hours and im totally with you!!!