Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounties Board, Cetus Town Marker, and more...

(PSN)A_SimpleName

After roaming through the Plains, I find it an enjoyable "breath of fresh air". It's "open-ness" give a sense of freedom away from claustrophobic hallways and walled tile-sets. The enemy engagements and spawns are dynamic and exciting. Thank you, DE, for a fantastic update and addition.

However, there are a few thoughts and inconveniences that makes the experience not enjoyable.

LOW Frame rate issue in Cetus 

Spawning into a full server is detrimental to my eyes. I understand a new update will attract a huge number of players, causing servers strain. The issue will lessen overtime as players stop playing or more servers are added. Currently, I want to be anywhere but in Cetus due to the low frame rate, which bring me to the next issue.

Bounties (Bounties Board Needed Outside of Loading Zone)

Bounties are great. They are side quests that take up a decent and acceptable amount of time to complete.

1. As of this update, bounties are bare-bone with a limited number of objectives (Capture, Exterminate, Defense, Find Caches). Doesn't which tier bounties you run, it's a combination of these objectives in different order. I hope that future additions will have more variety.
  2. The process of obtaining new bounties is painful due to the location and what happen in between players and bounties giver. I have to load into Cetus EVERYTIME to get a new bounty. Why is this such an issue?
    • Long load time between Cetus and Plains
    • Low frame rate in Cetus making being in the area an eyesore
    • Unnecessarily taking time away from PLAYING the game and put half of the time waiting to LOAD

Please add a bounties board or of sort somewhere outside of a loading zone.

Plains Map

Very similar to AW not working effectively with a 2D map, the Plains also need a new map system.

1. Have a Cetus Marker to indicate where the Cetus gate is located. I hear from so many of my clan mates, alliance's members, and players who don't know how to get back to town. This is important especially that you NEED to enter Cetus in order to "complete" your mission and keep items obtained while exploring the Plains.
  2. Have a way to interact with the map itself. Most open-world map has a way to put waypoint directly on the map (when open). I also want to zoom in or out to see the map overlay. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will come back and add more feedbacks as I get more time exploring the PoE.     

Konzu or whatever his name is should ask as soon as you complete a bounty "Would you like another?" and present the open bounties to choose from without having to go bck to Cetus.  He does talk to us anyway while we are doing the bounty. The Cetus load time, lag once you're there, and high probability of a game crash when going back out to plains from Cetus makes me not want to bother.

1 hour ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

The process of obtaining new bounties is painful due to the location and what happen in between players and bounties giver. I have to load into Cetus EVERYTIME to get a new bounty. Why is this such an issue?

• Long load time between Cetus and Plains
  • Low frame rate in Cetus making being in the area an eyesore
  • Unnecessarily taking time away from PLAYING the game and put half of the time waiting to LOAD

Yes, please.

Although, at present I would be worried about losing my progress and would probably head into town anyway just to make sure.

All we should need to return to Cetus for is to claim our rewards. New bounties should appear as a persistent list. When we talk to Kudzu (Konzu? Gonzo? Whatever tf his name is), we should be able to say "I'd like to do this, this, and this bounty please", they all get added to a list, and off you go. As you complete one bounty, it's marked off as "completed" on your list, and you can either select to do another or ignore your list and do something else. (Also if you change your mind, you can delete bounties from your list at any time without penalty.)

Again, all you would need to return to town for would be to claim the rewards you've earned for completed bounties. The current method of getting one at a time, going out, waiting for Plains to load (hoping it doesn't crash), doing whatever, then making your way back to town (assuming you can find your way with the woefully inadequate map), waiting again for it to load, making your way through the slide-show and back to the vendor so you can pick up another bounty only to lather, rinse, repeat...? Yeah, tedious is an understatement. 

• 2 months later...
On 16/11/2017 at 2:38 PM, (Xbox One)Trippul G said:

All we should need to return to Cetus for is to claim our rewards. New bounties should appear as a persistent list. When we talk to Kudzu (Konzu? Gonzo? Whatever tf his name is), we should be able to say "I'd like to do this, this, and this bounty please", they all get added to a list, and off you go. As you complete one bounty, it's marked off as "completed" on your list, and you can either select to do another or ignore your list and do something else. (Also if you change your mind, you can delete bounties from your list at any time without penalty.)

Again, all you would need to return to town for would be to claim the rewards you've earned for completed bounties. The current method of getting one at a time, going out, waiting for Plains to load (hoping it doesn't crash), doing whatever, then making your way back to town (assuming you can find your way with the woefully inadequate map), waiting again for it to load, making your way through the slide-show and back to the vendor so you can pick up another bounty only to lather, rinse, repeat...? Yeah, tedious is an understatement. 

This is absolutely one of my favorite suggestions regarding this.

I support this 100%.