The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Native American Frame

Nazrethim

Tittle

Okay, these are some ideas I had months ago but never posted in their actual thread (as far as I can remember at least)

Expect them to be very very cliché and stereotypical.

No name given to the frame yet.

The frame:

A male Warrior with high Health, High armor and low shields with good sprint and parkour speed. On his head he has an ornament with a "braid" with feathers.

Passive: Spirit Walk

If the warrior falls in battle (dies in Solo or enters Bleeding state in Coop) he will continue to fight in spirit form. Basically his corpse lays on the ground while the player assumes control of a ghostly copy of it. He can use his full arsenal while at it and even revive fallen allies (but not himself). After 10s of this he will die for good. In Coop he can be revived to return to fight earlier, basically the bleeding timer is the spirit form. The spirit form is inmune to damage.

First Ability: Wolf Spirit

Empowers the melee weapon with the spirit of a Wolf increasing damage by +25/50/75/100% (after all the mod modifiers are applied) and sprint speed by 5/10/15/20%. Additionally, all melee attacks proc Slash status. Allied Kubrows (be own pet, allied player's pets or Feral Kubrows and Dhraks MC'ed by Nyx) will be granted 50% buff to damage, health, armor and shield. Lasts 15s

Second Ability: Eagle Spirit

Empowers the frame for 15s. Increases jump height and aimglide by 6/12/18/24% and reduces the fall speed during glide by 50%. Additionally, Blocking with the melee weapon during it will cause ghostly wings to cover him, increasing Block by 10/20/30/40% and the Blocking angle by 20º

Third Ability: Bull Spirit

Sends a ghostly bull in a straight path to trample enemies, dealing Impact damage and knocking them down. It also grants the Warframe the ability to knock down enemies by running into them for 5s, dealing Impact damage in the process.

Ultimate Ability: Great Spirit

The Warframe is empowered by the great spirit for 10s. Graphically his ornaments change into more elaborate ones and he is surrounded by some sort of ghostly aura. During it, a Wolf spirit, an Eagle spirit and a Bull spirit will be summoned to fight for him, if destroyed (by damage or because they ran into a nullifier) they will be spawned next to the warframe once again, they are not gone until the empowering is over. Additionally, his other abilities also gain special features:

+Wolf spirit: Slam and Charge attacks will spawn additional wolves. They will not respawn if destroyed. Up to 2 wolves can be active at any given time. Additionally, Allied Kubrows that fall in battle will be instantly revived by spirit wolves, the spirit wolves are sacrificed for each revival.

+Eagle Spirit: Double jumping will instead grant the warframe wings to fly for 4s, melee attacks will behave like Archmelee. Additionally, allied players will obtain the (basic) effects of Eagle Spirit as long as they remain within 50m of the warframe.

+Bull Spirit: Summons 4 additional bulls to stampede trough the battlefield.

Great Spirit will continue to be active during Spirit Walk

Edited by Nazrethim

This actually sounds like an interesting idea. I'll help out with names (the derivitive is Cherokee)

Name: Austenaco (Chief)

Passive Ability: Adanvdo Aisv (Spirit Walk)  

1st Ability: Wahya Adavndo (Wolf Spirit)

2nd Ability: Awohali Adavndo (Eagle Spirit)

3rd Ability: Jukanvsdena Adavndo (Bull Spirit) 

4th Ability: Equa Adavndo (Great Spirit) OR Tlanowa (Thunderbird) If it's the Thunderbird, not only will the spirits of the other abilities appear, but the Thunderbird (depending on the mission) could appear in various forms. You decide what Thunderbird would do.

Just now, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

Could be fun with provoked and undying will. Too many wolves though. 4 of this frame would put it up to 24 wolves, a raid would be 48... same deal for the bulls, I would assume.

The bull is a fire and forget attack, like summoning a Rhino that instantly uses Charge in the direction you are aiming, the Great Spirit just makes it go from a lone bull to a 5bull row to cover more ground.

Maybe two wolves would be enough.

Also, yeah, Provoked and Undying Will would see use with this guy.

6 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

"Isn't Inaros the Native American frame?"

>sees passive ability

Okay.

Inaros is Egyptian, not NA. Named for two Pharaohs, even.

Anyway, I think the passive might be a bit much. Perhaps just that he's allowed to use his Abilities during Spirit Walk at no energy cost? Full Arsenal just seems like too much of an advantage during the Downed Time.

8 minutes ago, NationalGuard5 said:

You like the Cherokee names I came up for the Frame? I think this NA frame would be a great addition to the game. Wonder what it's agile and noble animations would be, though.

I like 'em because I enjoy delving into different cultures. Though I would prefer something more catchy. For some those names may as well be a tongue twister.

46 minutes ago, NationalGuard5 said:

You like the Cherokee names I came up for the Frame? I think this NA frame would be a great addition to the game. Wonder what it's agile and noble animations would be, though.

I think you might have quoted the wrong post?

Regardless, I do like them, yes. I enjoy the references all the Warframe names make.

Might be better to pull a name from one of the NA mythologies though, in line with many of the other 'Frames (Valkyr, Excalibur, Oberon, etc).

3 hours ago, Darkfeather21 said:

I think you might have quoted the wrong post?

Regardless, I do like them, yes. I enjoy the references all the Warframe names make.

Might be better to pull a name from one of the NA mythologies though, in line with many of the other 'Frames (Valkyr, Excalibur, Oberon, etc).

There MUST be a catchy badass name out there!

51 minutes ago, Helios1414 said:

just give it a nice plume feather hat and ill love it (pretty sure that's what its called)

Don't know the exact name, and I s*ck at drawing so I didn't add it. But he would have a small feather ornament with two or three feathers dangling. But when you activate 'Great Spirit' and trough all it's duration, it becomes the big chieftain-looking ornament with many feathers.