Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan and Alliance chat

-Outsider-

• 1 month later...
On 26/12/2017 at 9:11 AM, ---RV---Maniac said:

ye, if you gona ignore your clanmates and alliance, why even be there?

Because research etc is easier with more ppl... seems obvious... apparently it's not... Not everyone requires constant social attention... You "point" is stupid, it only goes to accommodate your opinion and nothing else.

The real community is on Discord with both our clan and alliance, I have no requirement to use the alliance in-game chat, it's just Recruitment and Trading mashed into a mess of eye-rolling that is always flashing... 

Edited by Carnage2K4

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Because research etc is easier with more ppl... seems obvious... apparently it's not... Not everyone requires constant social attention... You "point" is stupid, it only goes to accommodate your opinion and nothing else.

I don't see what research has to do with this and if your going to be in a clan, your expected to interact with it. Most clan's don't have discord, or any other interaction outside of the game and blocking your clan chat will only lead to more clan leeching.

On 27/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, ---RV---Maniac said:

I don't see what research has to do with this and if your going to be in a clan, your expected to interact with it. Most clan's don't have discord, or any other interaction outside of the game and blocking your clan chat will only lead to more clan leeching.

What is has to do with it is that you need a clan to get half the weapons in the game... Whether you like being with ppl or not you're forced to join a clan and you still need a clan to progress..

And second is that to the point of the OP.... SOME clans to not require the in game chats. I'm sure some do, but others have better methods of community and the clan/alliance chat is just an ever flashing irritation... You seem to be under the impression that every clan works the same, "clan leeching" is irrelevant, that is totally up to the GM as to how their clan functions, You don't get to dictate how I run my clan and it does not matter if not every clan uses discord, there ARE many that do so they should be able to also have options, the "not everyone does X, therefore no one should be able to" 'argument' is really stupid.. The only thing allowing a clan/alliance mute would do, is provide options for ppl who by the nature of the game are required to be in a clan, but are not interested in the interaction part.
And options are always good.

Our clan is in an alliance, because we're hoping all the dark sector stuff will come back and an alliance will be beneficial to be in, but we don't need to be interacting with the mess that is alliance chat, I would love to turn it off so it's not just a flashing icon in the bottom of my view, frankly it's irritating.

Edited by Carnage2K4

On 29/12/2017 at 12:58 AM, Carnage2K4 said:

You seem to be under the impression that every clan works the same, "clan leeching" is irrelevant, that is totally up to the GM as to how their clan functions,

that doesnt mean that the other clans, that do care about clan leeching deserve to be screwed. It goes both ways, except clan leeching is overall not looked well upon

What is has to do with it is that you need a clan to get half the weapons in the game... Whether you like being with ppl or not you're forced to join a clan and you still need a clan to progress..

you can create a solo clan if that's how you feel. Or join any clan with full research and leave afterwards (crappy way to go about it, but it's actually better than taking over a slot and not being active in your clan at all)

Our clan is in an alliance, because we're hoping all the dark sector stuff will come back and an alliance will be beneficial to be in, but we don't need to be interacting with the mess that is alliance chat,

if that is how you feel about your alliance, it seems you don't really care about it.

not everyone does X, therefore no one should be able to" 'argument' is really stupid..

There is alot of things that minorities do, that we don't make general rules about it. It will lead to more clan leeching, in a system that already makes it hard to track who's active or not as it is.

But I guess, we agree to disagree, no point in taking more space here.

On 19/11/2017 at 3:44 AM, -Outsider- said:

It would be really nice to have the possibility to simply turn off the chat of clans and alliances 

I found a workaround.
Select the chat filter option and type in some random gibberish to "includes term", as no one will ever type that exact gibberish, no messages will come up.

Personally, I have no need for any of the in-game chat. I'm not in an alliance, I have no interest in selling/trading with randoms, and if I want to communicate with my other active clan members, I open my mouth and speak (XBL party chat).

So yes, I would love an option to be able to turn off in-game chat altogether and get rid of what, for me, amounts to nothing more than useless screen clutter.