Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno Underneath

PopTartZombie

It would most likely be a human, or a rare off chance of humans with metal skin.

Edit: This is to lazyfire, my browser is playing up and it wouldn't let me quote you but DE said that they are both in the same universe s othat is wrong, and that one of the bosses says "we haven't celebrated Halloween for a millennium" so that means it is at least 1000 years in the future, possible much more so that is a tad more than a lifetime too.

Edited by Dovahjim

I doubt it they are set in two different universes and a life time apart, so they wouldn't look anything like each other.

Also, that is why i ask in first place. I wanna see how far the evolution has gone with that.. race.. human/hybrid thing, that was Hayden.

I'm also sick of going to my sanctuary(dojo) in a suit built to sync with me for battle. So i want to see from the devs eyes, their full perspective and views on this particular subject.

Use edit instead of double posting in the future!

Also that meme was funny at all to me, although that might just be me.

I'm also sick of going to my sanctuary(dojo) in a suit built to sync with me for battle. So i want to see from the devs eyes, their full perspective and views on this particular subject.

The Warframe is not Synced to you for battle. Its there for LIFE. A Tenno is trained from the beginning, being one with their Warframe, and never taking it off (if that is at all possible).

I would assume the Tenno go through some sort of 'ritual' or initiatian, that makes their warframe around them (assuming that a Warframe is made the same way as Hayden Tenno's one was), so it then would be impossible for them to take it off.

The Warframe is not Synced to you for battle. Its there for LIFE. A Tenno is trained from the beginning, being one with their Warframe, and never taking it off (if that is at all possible).

I would assume the Tenno go through some sort of 'ritual' or initiatian, that makes their warframe around them (assuming that a Warframe is made the same way as Hayden Tenno's one was), so it then would be impossible for them to take it off.

It looks like a suit, and the game calls it a suit, also some bosses refer to removing it and hanging it on their mantle. Its a suit, not a piece of you, like hair, or toe nails.

• "You hide behind that (warframe). Face me like a true warrior!"
  • "(warframe)? Your pretentious suits are no match for my power!"
  • "Your (warframe) will look great hanging from my wall."

Thats in Vor and Ruk's dialog. Its really close to referring exactly that its not what you are entirely.

@Dovahjim: noted

If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck...

Edited by PopTartZombie

It looks like a suit, and the game calls it a suit, also some bosses refer to removing it and hanging it on their mantle. Its a suit, not a piece of you, like hair, or toe nails.

Thats in Vor and Ruk's dialog. Its really close to referring exactly that its not what you are entirely.

yes, however the Bosses may not know how a warframe is made, or 'put on'. With the background of warframe, it strongly suggests that a Warframe cannot be taken off by any normal means (likely without killing whoever it is).

And also considering Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno and Warframe, his was made directly from his skin transforming into metal. The Devs have confirmed Hayden was the first, so it wouldn't be wrong to say similar methods could have been applied to present Tenno.

It would most likely be a human, or a rare off chance of humans with metal skin.

Edit: This is to lazyfire, my browser is playing up and it wouldn't let me quote you but DE said that they are both in the same universe s othat is wrong, and that one of the bosses says "we haven't celebrated Halloween for a millennium" so that means it is at least 1000 years in the future, possible much more so that is a tad more than a lifetime too.

Same universe actually

Not quite. What Steve said in Livestream 9 was "There is absolutley a relation. We were going to make a hard core sci-fi game, and couldn't get it published. So we toned it all down and set it on Earth and making him a CIA agent and a lot of other compromises. But a lot of those ideas that leaked in are now what we're going back too."

So yes, the Tenno are descended from Hayden Tenno, but it's this guy

not that other one.

I always thought that the person in the cryopod seen in defense missions was like the inside of a Tenno Warframe. Right?

Naked Nick is a placeholder. He used to be the Hostage too. They'll get around to putting Warframes in there sooner or later. Edited by ValhaHazred

Just because it's a suit doesn't mean removal isn't incredibly painful.  One of the bosses calls it a second skin and equates its removal with skinning.

I get the feeling that the Tenno were the Orokin's elite guard when they were on Earth.  For whatever reason, they had to leave Earth (I imagine because it got razed during the Old War against the Sentients).  They were probably grown rather than born and likely trained from birth.  At some point, they probably went through some ritual in which a warframe was grafted to them (probably excruciatingly painful).

That said, you don't wake up in Excalibur Prime, you wake up as Excalibur, so obviously during the Old War your suit had been removed and replaced (probably because it had been damaged beyond repair or perhaps you'd become infected with TCV).  Obviously the war would have taken a toll on the resource capabilities of the Orokin and having to scrap things together probably isn't new.  It probably happened shortly before the end of the war as well.  After all, the Orokin lost.

So, yes, it is a suit, and yes, it can be removed, but that doesn't mean it's a pleasant process by any means.

Just because it's a suit doesn't mean removal isn't incredibly painful.  One of the bosses calls it a second skin and equates its removal with skinning.

I get the feeling that the Tenno were the Orokin's elite guard when they were on Earth.  For whatever reason, they had to leave Earth (I imagine because it got razed during the Old War against the Sentients).  They were probably grown rather than born and likely trained from birth.  At some point, they probably went through some ritual in which a warframe was grafted to them (probably excruciatingly painful).

That said, you don't wake up in Excalibur Prime, you wake up as Excalibur, so obviously during the Old War your suit had been removed and replaced (probably because it had been damaged beyond repair or perhaps you'd become infected with TCV).  Obviously the war would have taken a toll on the resource capabilities of the Orokin and having to scrap things together probably isn't new.  It probably happened shortly before the end of the war as well.  After all, the Orokin lost.

So, yes, it is a suit, and yes, it can be removed, but that doesn't mean it's a pleasant process by any means.

Yes, indeed, this is precisely what I want answered by DE.

Obviously there's controversy on the matter.

I doubt it they are set in two different universes and a life time apart, so they wouldn't look anything like each other.

Not according to DE, go watch Livestream 9 and they'll be saying that they're trying to make links to both universes.

This is an awesome indepth idea for the background. On issue... the original warframes (Hayden Tenno and possibly Nadia Sudek, from Dark Sector), were created because of the Tecnocyte Virus. It could be that the Orokin had deliberatly infected their soldiers with the Tecnocyte virus in controlled quantities and environments, in order to create the warframes.

As for the Prime warframes, they are supposed to be the original warframes, so essentially the Tenno would 'wake up' as a Prime, but at that time, they wouldn't have been called Excalibur Prime, just Excalibur, or Excalibur class warframe.... something like that :P

yes, however the Bosses may not know how a warframe is made, or 'put on'. With the background of warframe, it strongly suggests that a Warframe cannot be taken off by any normal means (likely without killing whoever it is).

And also considering Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno and Warframe, his was made directly from his skin transforming into metal. The Devs have confirmed Hayden was the first, so it wouldn't be wrong to say similar methods could have been applied to present Tenno.

Actually he went and put on a special armor suit about half way through the game, and the helmet could even "morph" off of him to show his face. The girl who had the "Nyx" looking suit was able to take hers off as well since you see it before you see her without it.