Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make archwing in edilon exclusive to the person who summons it.

(PSN)KyleBlack89

14 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

What part of "it's mine" don't YOU understand?

I don't like fishing personally, I'm low on oil because I don't sit there all day doing it.  

I don't care if they're "easy" to get - the fact remains it's MY resources, MY consumable and I didn't drop it for other people.  Arguing against that is pure stupidity.

And PS they can still jack it if you drop it on you... I've had my archwing stolen even when it drops on me because these vultures sit behind you and run at it as it lands.   They even follow you if you try to run 100m away because they're not stupid.  

Your crappy pizza analogy makes no sense because I'm not going to throw a pizza on the floor - a more correct analogy would be if I made myself a pizza and had it yanked from my hands before I could take a bite - and if they did, I would in fact call that STEALING.  

(And yeah I could have researched and built if I wanted to wait 5 days to use something I already own.  Regardless it's my investment and I did it for me, not so other people could steal my AW)

I'm assuming by how much you seem to love that this happens, that you're one of the people stealing other people's archwings or you just haven't experienced 10 times a day to understand why it's frustrating.  

You know for someone who complains about how the controls are on AW on PoE, you sure are upset about fishing, the fact that people can share/steal your archwing, and overall that it takes time to build anything that is worth a significant platinum-to-gameplay investment (actually affects your game...in your case, you got it much earlier than most/or you wanted to wait for). The fact alone that it happens to you 10 times in a day might also say something. Also let's just be real here, though it's a low level area (depending on if you do high level bounties or not), if you've been playing the game for long enough be fine spending platinum on a segment that only allows you to fly in one area that you don't even like about half of the features (it only seems that way I can be wrong), I'd hope you'd be fine with the fact that as someone suggested you could just wait until other "thieving" Tenno are not around you to shoot up the request to drop it right on your current location (I thought it was a good suggestion personally).

I'm with the OP. If I spend my own resources on something that is intended for my own personal use, then I want to know that I'll be able to utilize it, without question, whenever I so desire, without worrying about having it stolen by someone else who thinks it's funny or cute. If I go and buy a new fishing spear, I don't have to worry about someone running up to me and stealing it when I select it from my gear wheel. Why should using the archwing be any different? 

If DE wants to keep this functionality, they need to enable a toggle option for sharing/not sharing of the archwing.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Trippul G said:

I'm with the OP. If I spend my own resources on something that is intended for my own personal use, then I want to know that I'll be able to utilize it, without question, whenever I so desire, without worrying about having it stolen by someone else who thinks it's funny or cute. If I go and buy a new fishing spear, I don't have to worry about someone running up to me and stealing it when I select it from my gear wheel. Why should using the archwing be any different? 

If DE wants to keep this functionality, they need to enable a toggle option for sharing/not sharing of the archwing.

I dont know what you're doing wrong but, nobody have ever "stole" my aw. I like to share my things in games, and i have been trying to share my aw:s but everybody is so stupid or in so hurry they dont even see/understand that i want to share.

if you don't like sharing or getting trolled by others just drop the archwing when noone is around. stop the pointless *@##$ing. btw, the archwing segment can be researched in the dojo completely for free and the resources for crafting the launches don't have to be explicitely farmed. you have tons of fish oil if you progress in ostron standing, because you have to catch and cut several rare fish ( you get tons of common fish while doing so).

2 hours ago, (PS4)whirly5 said:

if you don't like sharing or getting trolled by others just drop the archwing when noone is around. stop the pointless *@##$ing. btw, the archwing segment can be researched in the dojo completely for free and the resources for crafting the launches don't have to be explicitely farmed. you have tons of fish oil if you progress in ostron standing, because you have to catch and cut several rare fish ( you get tons of common fish while doing so).

It's not pointless b**ching, as you so eloquently put it. It's called supplying feedback. Just because you don't agree with the severity of the problem that has been pointed out, does not make the issue invalid or pointless.

DE know that archwing theft is a problem for some people, it's up to them to now prioritize a solution as they see fit.

I don't agree with locking the archwing, however, I do believe they should add a short timer before someone else can pick yours up. That way you can grab yours right when it drops without worrying about someone else taking it but if you are giving it to a teammate they just need to wait, for example, 3 seconds before it unlocks for them.

5 hours ago, (PS4)EatZombies said:

I don't agree with locking the archwing, however, I do believe they should add a short timer before someone else can pick yours up. That way you can grab yours right when it drops without worrying about someone else taking it but if you are giving it to a teammate they just need to wait, for example, 3 seconds before it unlocks for them.

I think I'd be ok with that, actually.

I do think it sucks that this is happening to people.  I've accidentally walked into someone else's archwing before, and I felt so guilty!

But that said, I really like the ability to share my Archwing.  Granted, I'd be happy if it didn't have limited uses, but since it does it feels nice to be able to give the gift of wings to someone else.

I don't know if there's a workable middle-ground that can be designed into the game officially, but if there's not, I want to recommend that people having this problem not pull out their archwings when others are nearby.  I know it's a less than ideal solution, but luckily the Plains are pretty huge so it's pretty easy to get some alone time.

Honestly the resource requirements are low enough that making 50 at a time shouldn't give you problems with people stealing them. 
I enjoy giving some wings to players who haven't completed their research. 
I hope they don't disable sharing and would suggest you find a better group to play with or stop playing in public lobbies on the plains. 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Meier Voleran said:

Honestly the resource requirements are low enough that making 50 at a time shouldn't give you problems with people stealing them. 

I disagree. The very fact that they CAN be stolen is a problem, regardless of what it cost to make them. I just don't see the logic in having the archwing be (to my knowledge) the only piece of equippable gear that works that way and can be stolen. 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Meier Voleran said:

I [snip] would suggest you find a better group to play with or stop playing in public lobbies on the plains. 

Here, you and I are in total agreement. I find that playing with randoms sucks, 99% of the time.

20 hours ago, (Xbox One)Trippul G said:

I disagree. The very fact that they CAN be stolen is a problem, regardless of what it cost to make them. 

I have never personally had this happen to me thankfully, having only actually gotten my launchers built today. That said, I agree that it would really upset me if some person would just steal the archwing. As for a possible solution, the devs could work it so that when you use a charge, you could designate a player in the group to send it to, and then the archwing deploys and automatically equips to whoever it was sent to, perhaps with Ordis saying something along the lines of "Archwing Deployed!"