Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Things I Hate About Warframe

Ezekeel666

Credits are a real problem... i bought 2 access packs and had amassed 19 million credits just from naturally playing "t" void keys. i never farmed just credits, but i'm down to 2 million in a matter of about 4 months, ever since the removal of the old "T" keys to the void i haven't seen a viable way for credits to just come by natural gameplay. the original post is accurate, unless you set up a specific group for this specific task you are not able to earn credits at a reasonable rate based on the demands of the game. Those with massive fortunes from the first few years of play don't really have a clue of how tough it can be to keep your credits up.

If credits is an issue just do the index. You get money from that easy (1 million credits in like a hour or less). Also for focus, you can max the daily cap easily using equinoxs sleep ability spam, then killing them all when a convergence orb spawns. 

I agree with an in game market/auction house and also a foundry queue. They said they are looking at a foundry queue. 

Oh also, you can practice your mastery test in any relay before actually attempting it. Lots don’t even know about this. Lol

Edited by Ishamaelronin

1 hour ago, Ishamaelronin said:

If credits is an issue just do the index. You get money from that easy (1 million credits in like a hour or less). Also for focus, you can max the daily cap easily using equinoxs sleep ability spam, then killing them all when a convergence orb spawns. 

Yeah and that is exactly the problem. If I want to get Credits and Focus at a rate that matches my other game progress I would have to do these specific tasks in a specific setup. The gains just by normally playing the game are not even close to sufficient. And I did that and build me some Ash to do solo med Index with and it was a boring, shallow, not challenging, unexciting, repetitive, unfun experience. I also build me an Equinox for solo Adarno Focus farm runs and that was even more dumb. Both of these are activities are simply not good enjoyable gameplay like the rest of Warframe. If the entire game was like that I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. My motivation to take time out of enjoying the fun Warframe gaming experience that I know and love to run some unfun chores is pretty much zero. And everytime I have to do it since it blocks my progress makes me literally angry that I have to waste my little free gaming time with this garbage. Pretty much the same goes for mining and fishing although one technically can circumvent that grind by paying Platinum - on the other hand I question the general validity of game content if it is so bad/boring that players are willing/expected to pay for not playing it.

On 11/21/2017 at 6:45 PM, Ezekeel666 said:

Played Warframe for a couple of hundreds of hours now and I thought I give you some feedback about the things I really hate.

1. The Credit and Focus gains are too damn low

The game never felt particularly grindy to me. There were some low points like running 45+ spy missions on Lua to get that one missing Ivara component BP but in general I mostly had the feeling that I could collect the needed resources while having fun and just playing the game and not had to go through repetitive hour long grind session to get what I needed to progress.

There are two big painful exceptions to this which are getting Credits and Focus points. Both farming Credits and Focus cannot effectively be gained just by playing the game: I am owning over a douzen of Primed mods that I would love to use but cannot afford to rank up due to the horrendously high Credit costs and looking at Focus playing high level content for 4-5h only gives a measily 20-30k Focus despite me religiously collecting every freaking orb that pops up. The only way to effectively farm Credits and Focus is in a targeted effort farming specific missions in a certain setup with the goal to get it over with as quickly as possible: the definition of a chore and not playing a fun game.

2. Focus system is just another grind and does promote hardly any choice

The current Focus 2.0 system is just another grind, another bar to fill up. The only choice is what school to choose as primary. There is no choice about what skills to pick, only a choice about the order in which to get them because after a lot of grinding all of them can be unlocked anyway. There is no element of customization if everyone can have every skill (in one school) at the same time. Player decisions should matter and to make it matter there needs to be a system if one skill is chosen another one cannot be at the same time.

3. The Second Dream narrative was ruined with Enemy Within and further with the Quills [SPOILERS]

I really loved the Second Dream narrative for how it heavily impacted the way one looks at the Tenno and the player character in particular, their place in the world, the relationship to the Lotus and a lot more. When the player begins the game the way the Tenno are presented one assumes that there is a trained proud Samurai soldier somewhere within that warframe - if not in body then at least his brain/ghost/soul/whatever. With the Second Dream that understanding is completely shook up as the operator of the warframe is exposed as a physically weak and psychologically scarred kid forced into this role pretty much as much a victim of the circumstances and the strong anti-symmetry it provided to the inhumanely strong and nigh invincible tools of war that are the warframes wielded by them. It was perfectly symbolized in the moment the warframe carried the helpless operator in his arms to safety. And the realization of this was what broke Stalker. This anti-symmetry reminded me quite a bit of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

In War Within this anti-symmetry was partly deconstructed turning the operator from someone helpless who needed protecting into a utility psy spy for certain situations who was essentially untouchable (because only a projection or whatever) making his active involvement completely risk free. Then with the Quills and amps the operator turns into Psy Corvo Attano with mobility and offensive/defensive capabilities rivalling that of warframes (and a cool coat of course) completely shattering the previously introduced anti-symmetry. That was really really really really bad story telling. Remember when the Intersect gave Chuck ninja powers? Yeah that bad.

4. Forge has no queue

"And what did you do last night?" - "I played Warframe for an hour." - "Cool, what did you do? Kill Grineer, slaughter Corpus, roast Infested?" - "Nah. I build 60 Ciphers."

I mean seriously, how is this not in the game yet? Wake up people.

5. No in-game market

Sites like warframe market should not have to exist. This functionality should have been integrated into the game a long time ago. Chat trading was already getting old in Diablo 2 and that was 15-20 years ago. About time for Warframe to join us in the future, by which I mean the present.

6. AOE damage/crowd control too effective

It makes the game far too often far too trivial with the only challenge being left to not to fall asleep. Who bother with meleeing/shooting enemies one by one if one can as well use some crazy AOE weapon/ability which kills douzens of them at the same time at the press of one button.

7. 24h wait period after failing a MR test

Luckily only happened two times to me so far but both times I felt like quitting the game and not playing until I can repeat it 24 hours later (even though I knew it would not hinder my progress since I could still continue to earn XP). The psychological effect of failing a test is really negative and feels like a punishment. One fails the test and what one wants to do is improve and do better the next time proving to oneself that one can do it. But that is not possible and having to wait 24h feels extremely demotivating. I guess that restriction was not put in place to punish the player but to prevent power levelling new accounts in a short amount of time. The same could be achieved with letting the player retry failed tests immediately but after a success not allow the next MR test until 24h later.

8. Requirement to do fishing/mining

All the Ostron/Quill rewards require the player to farm fish/gems which are terribly boring activities that do not fit the scope of the game at all. Having them as optional mini-games would be fine but requiring the player to waste time with this nonsense is just bad design. It is like someone at DE read all the negative press and critic No Mans Sky was getting for being a boring shallow repetetive resource collection grind and thought "You know what this game needs. Running around with a laser like an idiot shooting at rocks.". Who does that? Learn from the mistakes of others.

9. Increasing RNG wall that was promised to reduce?

10. Increase PC requirement to even run the game. (more eye-candy plox)

On 21. 11. 2017 at 11:45 AM, Ezekeel666 said:

5. No in-game market

Sites like warframe market should not have to exist. This functionality should have been integrated into the game a long time ago. Chat trading was already getting old in Diablo 2 and that was 15-20 years ago. About time for Warframe to join us in the future, by which I mean the present.

Man, I couldn't agree more with this. I think that I will lose a lot of money just because I won't bother selling lots of stuff because of this "trading system."

16 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

This. While it's true that some Zaws are capable of performing as well as - if not better than - equivalent regular weapons, regular weapons are far more quickly obtained. A few runs to net the resources you need - resources that are just drops - and 12 -24 hours of build time. Zaws are massively grindy, requiring dedicated farming of certain resources and even after building Zaws, you can't potato, forma or colour them...and they don't even have their true stats yet. For that, you need to grind rep and level them.

A Zaw is easily 2-3 days of farming and grind. A regular tenno blade? For the most part, just grab a BP for credits, gather some resources, stick in the oven, bake for a few hours, and it's ready to be potato'd and customized to your liking.

Now if it where a bit diffrent, and say an "endgame" sort of thing I could see the grind being there as something to do. however this is a starting planet and was not only adervtised but intneded for new players, who will probibly get stuck in the plaines due to these mechanics. plus its very replacabule but once you put that much work into it, you might want to use it more and due to that content might be slightly harder for you. if I where starting in warframe now, I probibly wouldnt stick with it due to stuff like that.