Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why limbo's the worst team frame

(PSN)T3H0N3GUY

Is Limbo really that bad? I've never used him myself, but if I'm in a team with one and the cataclysm bubble is really small relatively to the space we're in, I just fight outside of it, and if the cataclysm bubble takes up most of the room, I just fight inside it with little issue. If I'm feeling up to it, I might even try to play with its mechanics relative to my own frame's mechanics for fun once in a while to.

Limbo's aesthetic look is definitely not my taste (excluding his killer Limina skin) so I haven't gotten around to using him, but his abilities provide a lot of unique ways to play both solo and as a group from what I've seen and read. I think people just like the idea of dragging Limbo through the mud because his mechanics aren't immediately intuitive, fandoms often like to single out individual characters to dunk on, and because his aesthetic appearance is...very annoying.

• Like 1

On 2021-11-30 at 8:27 AM, Teridax68 said:

The thing is, Cataclysm (the globe) renders everything inside it invulnerable to attacks from the outside, and Stasis, another ability Limbo has, lets him stun everyone inside as well. It's the ultimate protection effect in any defensive mission, even though it's often annoying to deal with as a teammate.

And that's the problem with Limbo: even though he's incredibly strong and useful in many missions, he never ceases to be annoying, because his abilities alter the way other players interact with enemies. For that reason I'd want to see him changed further so that the Rift were a status effect on enemies, rather than this spatial dimension players can enter, and purely debuffed those affected without preventing allies from doing their thing. This would probably not be the only change he'd need, but overall Limbo ought to affect enemies without trolling his allies, even unintentionally as is usually the case.

I think it would be good to be able to prime enemies with Rift Energy and then he can still use Stasis to stop them, and Surge to draw power from them. Then you don't have to go through the hassle of sending enemies to the void, then activate the abilities and go to the void to take advantage of everything. Too many steps that in the end become annoying to everyone, and you can barely tell which enemies are still in the Rift.

9 hours ago, Jimmuhboy said:

Is Limbo really that bad? I've never used him myself, but if I'm in a team with one and the cataclysm bubble is really small relatively to the space we're in, I just fight outside of it, and if the cataclysm bubble takes up most of the room, I just fight inside it with little issue. If I'm feeling up to it, I might even try to play with its mechanics relative to my own frame's mechanics for fun once in a while to.

Limbo's aesthetic look is definitely not my taste (excluding his killer Limina skin) so I haven't gotten around to using him, but his abilities provide a lot of unique ways to play both solo and as a group from what I've seen and read. I think people just like the idea of dragging Limbo through the mud because his mechanics aren't immediately intuitive, fandoms often like to single out individual characters to dunk on, and because his aesthetic appearance is...very annoying.

I think he mostly rubs players who have been playing since before his reworks the wrong way. Typically, anybody playing him just sent people into the Rift, with no way to get out of it. Anymore, you can get out of the Rift, but oftentimes if you can't make out the finer details of being in the Rift during a firefight, you start shooting only to realize you can't hit any enemies.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)Gorbihn said:

I think he mostly rubs players who have been playing since before his reworks the wrong way. Typically, anybody playing him just sent people into the Rift, with no way to get out of it. Anymore, you can get out of the Rift, but oftentimes if you can't make out the finer details of being in the Rift during a firefight, you start shooting only to realize you can't hit any enemies.

I wasn't playing the game much during the period in which Limbo was initially released, but I have heard he was extremely annoying prior to having his abilities getting reworked, which I'm sure just cemented his image as being unreasonable and intrusive.

And yeah when I'm in a group with a Limbo, I also experience moments where I didn't realize I was in the rift and fire off a couple rounds before I notice, but it's infrequent and a quick roll is all it takes to get out of it. It's not a perfect system, but I don't mind it.

Edited by Jimmuhboy