Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova, The Greatest Kill Stealer Of Them All

aldershot

wfScore_zpsf6060976.png

I was in a really great random group farming Xini, where we just exploded every thing, and we buffed our exploding with more explosions, in which we triggered it with an explosion. Basically we were nuking like crazy. I was the only nova, there was a mag, a vauban, and i think ember was the last class? i don't remember, it was really chaotic.

Any ways when i saw the final score after 15 rounds, these were the numbers. it just looks kinda funny to me.

If you look under my score (aldershot) you'll see that i did 6% of the overall damage but through Molecular Prime nuking I some how took 453 kills, with Miniling comming in second with 89. The math just seems really funny to me.

Because people are getting confused, and this thread is influencing the entire forum appearntly....
"please do not confuse my nova thread for any thing other than sharing funny end score numbers. That's it."

Edited by aldershot

wfScore_zpsf6060976.png

I was in a really great random group farming Xini, where we just exploded every thing, and we buffed our exploding with more explosions, in which we triggered it with an explosion. Basically we were nuking like crazy. I was the only nova, there was a mag, a vauban, and i think ember was the last class? i don't remember, it was really chaotic.

Any ways when i saw the final score for that round the numbers looked really funny to me.

If you look under my score (aldershot) you'll see that i did 6% of the overall damage but through Molecular Prime nuking I some how took 453 kills, with Miniling comming in second with 89. The math just seems really funny to me.

Noob Kill stealer ^^

I've joined T3 defenses before with my nova. That's exactly what i do. use it as a debuff over offense (still serves amazing as a 2ndary offense though) But this is xini, so goofing around with !!SPLOSIONS!! is pretty fun.

I think the point is... how the hell did the damage that did all those 453 kills are registered as only 6%???

From my experience. it's like damage done by power uses don't count except for Mag's Crush that usually get ridiculously high damage percentage.

I think the point is... how the hell did the damage that did all those 453 kills are registered as only 6%???

From my experience. it's like damage done by power uses don't count except for Mag's Crush that usually get ridiculously high damage percentage.

oh that make sense.

Also i didn't realize kill stealing is kind of a serious topic around here. Didn't mean to stir the pot, i posted this out of humor not as any kind of game play commentary.

How was 15 rounds of XIni chaotic with a vauban around?

well, there were a lot of flashing lights, and loud noises. I may have had a seizure and blacked out in the middle of it. I don't remember. all i remember was explosions, and images of dead relatives.

well, there were a lot of flashing lights, and loud noises. I may have had a seizure and blacked out in the middle of it. I don't remember. all i remember was explosions, and images of dead relatives.

lmao...

Yeah, same thing would happen when Nyx Chaos ability was bugged.  Chaos would be cast once or twice at beginning of round and then you'd watch for an hour as ancients would flash bang each other.  Then when you claimed the reward, you'd see 1% damage dealt and potentially thousands of enemies killed.

The interesting thing though that I've noticed is that if I use Vauban's Tesla ability, damage done by the bolts of lightning are actually counted in your damage done.  Normally damage done is only counted from actual weapons.

Personally, I'm in favor of a kills stat reset once DE finishes their drinking party and fixes the stats system.

Damage reported at end of missions is totally bugged/broken, you might as well ignore it and only look at kills. It seems it doesn't count most of your damage done but it does count all the kills. Perhaps it only counts damage from shooting and none that you did with abilities? But I don't even think that's how it works, nah just ignore damage done.

"Damage Dealt" is not counted if you oneshot something. Since you blew up a lot of things in one fell swoop, you have 6% damage dealt. Old bug is old. :)

Ahh that could be it, I usually get terrible damage as well but I also use snipetron vandal and it one shots most enemies.