Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's assist the support team a little

forsenK

Since lately I've been seeing more and more "Support didn't reply fast" or "long wait times" posts, I'd like to say a few things. 

First of all, I'm not doing this to spark a flame or start a war, please be civilised about it. 

Since the plains update came out, the Warframe player base grew by a huge amount in a very short timespan, especially after the time square ad. Naturally, DE wasn't fully prepared for such a growth, and new players need help very often, so they submit a support ticket. By itself this wouldn't be a problem at all, but unfortunately a lot of people as far as I can tell, are extremely impatient and keep submitting more tickets about the exact same issue without having the first one resolved at all. 

Where I'm going with this? Posting on the forums that the support team haven't replied to your ticket won't make it go any faster unfortunately. If you didn't get a reply in a very long time, simply bump the ticket, but don't post a new one. 

And if you're a new player and have an issue related to gameplay or any elements of it, start by looking around on the forums, maybe your problem was already solved, if not, you can post in the players helping players, the community will always be happy to help new Tennos get in the game faster, nobody will judge or call you a noob for asking a basic question. 

Let's keep this community as friendly as it is, and if we can, help the support team's work. 

22 minutes ago, EmilotMargus said:

Since lately I've been seeing more and more "Support didn't reply fast" or "long wait times" posts, I'd like to say a few things. 

First of all, I'm not doing this to spark a flame or start a war, please be civilised about it. 

Since the plains update came out, the Warframe player base grew by a huge amount in a very short timespan, especially after the time square ad. Naturally, DE wasn't fully prepared for such a growth, and new players need help very often, so they submit a support ticket. By itself this wouldn't be a problem at all, but unfortunately a lot of people as far as I can tell, are extremely impatient and keep submitting more tickets about the exact same issue without having the first one resolved at all. 

Where I'm going with this? Posting on the forums that the support team haven't replied to your ticket won't make it go any faster unfortunately. If you didn't get a reply in a very long time, simply bump the ticket, but don't post a new one. 

And if you're a new player and have an issue related to gameplay or any elements of it, start by looking around on the forums, maybe your problem was already solved, if not, you can post in the players helping players, the community will always be happy to help new Tennos get in the game faster, nobody will judge or call you a noob for asking a basic question. 

Let's keep this community as friendly as it is, and if we can, help the support team's work. 

Amen brother. Well said. We need more people like you around here. 

Nekem kifejezetten tetszik az ötlet, igazából azzal, hogy a támogatói szegmenst növelni kellene már régóta és ez természetes velejárója, hogy ha nő a létszám, akkor növelni kell a támogatói felületet és a kiszolgáló részleget. Mindenki tud minimálisan segíteni, de pl tárgyakat nem adhatnak játékosok vissza, ha valaki pl küldetés közben elveszíti azokat. Viszont, ha olyan jellegű problémája van, amit a játékosok és a wiki képes orvosolni, akkor az is egy megoldás, ha segítesz az illetőnek.

By the way I like the idea and honestly I feel this is fine in this way and while there are problems with the support "needs growing slowly" the players could help a lot if they have chance to solve the problems. Simple things can be solved by players and by the wiki aswell other complicants maybe not but at least the support no need to handle everything in their hand.

2 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

A very common issue with support teams in all games is that people get impatient and keep replying on their own tickets, which usually puts them back to the end of the queue, taking even longer.

I feel like this cannot be overstated enough. I've never had a Warframe, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, or Path of Exile ever... EVER... take more than 24 hours to get a response. Waiting sucks, but what do people expect? Walk into a barber shop with a room full of people and get seated next?

3 minutes ago, Azlen said:

I feel like this cannot be overstated enough. I've never had a Warframe, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, or Path of Exile ever... EVER... take more than 24 hours to get a response. Waiting sucks, but what do people expect? Walk into a barber shop with a room full of people and get seated next?

I agree, I even had nearly instant responses in some games, or within a couple of hours. My point was that most fo these problems are self-caused by players themselves.