Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bo Users?

PROteinxstack

Hi there, first melee weapon I built besides chronus was the bo.  I really liked the look of it and the concept of sending opponents flying but was disappointed when I actually started using it and since then gave it up for the machete only because of aesthetics.  I few things I noticed:

-Most enemies were staggered not knocked down or affected by ragdoll although advertised by the wiki

-Damage output is very low for a heavy weapon

-Animations are a bit odd (too much baton twirling for us non-cheerleading types)

-Multihit is hit or miss (yeaahhh! -sunglasses-)

Some things to improve this weapon:

-Knockdown ability identical to kestrel on charge attack

-no more twirling in animations UNLESS TO BLOCK BULLETS, THEN THATS COOL

-normal attack should chain stun (each subsequent attack should interrupt previous attack's stun effect on enemy and cause new stun animations, please correct me if this already happens but I don't remember it doing so)

-Downward stab after knockdown should be replaced by baseball type swing (send downed foe flying into other enemies causing more knockdown/death on other enemies based on vector of crosshair).

-Slide attack should trip/knockdown

Basically I am looking for more physical force out of this weapon.  It just seems like you're hitting enemies with a broom stick.  I mean, if our warframes can throw tiny knives that stagger every hit (kunai) and go through enemies (despair), we can have a Bo that truly sends enemies into outer space (ooh that was good). Thanks.

p.s. meow

Edited by PROteinxstack

Well, would you really expect to send enemies flying with what, in all actuality, IS a broomstick?

Well, you see, this nifty little thing called the "Description" states it does. So I can see where he comes from.

The Kestrel is a boomerang, do you expect it to send enemies airborne?

Well, you see, this nifty little thing called the "Description" states it does. So I can see where he comes from.

The Kestrel is a boomerang, do you expect it to send enemies airborne?

Would you expect to be able to forcefully pick up enemies, send them across the room and pin them to the wall with a pistol that you can easily shoot with one hand?

Descriptions are just that. They tell you what something is like or what it does. Sure, the Bo says it can "send multiple enemies airborne", but it doesn't state how far/high, or how many hits you need to land to send more than one. So they aren't really that reliable.

And FYI, charge speed and charge damage are necessary to the Bo. The normal attacks don't do anything, and the jump attack AOE is pretty bad, but the charge attack is decent.

What many people missunderstand with the Bo staff, including you, is its a DEFENSIVE WEAPON. Its not made to run in and kill everything in sight. Its range is better than most melee weapons.

Bo Staffs are usually used in sweeping twirls and rounded attacks.

I love the Bo IRL, the one in warframe is just sad.

The strikes need to be 200% faster coming off both ends of the weapon for starts.  Making a Bo slow is frustrating.

The weird one handed "slapping" animation needs to go.  Two hands on the weapon please.

The charge attack animation should skip the standard design (more damage in a single haymaker) and go for utility (multiple knockdowns or a throw!)

Last but not least, get rid of the slide-spin and swap it out for a vault using the staff (unrealistic? yes... Fun?  Also yes!)

Damage is crap, animations are crap, utility is done better with everything else in its category.

I love the Bo IRL, the one in warframe is just sad.

The strikes need to be 200% faster coming off both ends of the weapon for starts.  Making a Bo slow is frustrating.

The weird one handed "slapping" animation needs to go.  Two hands on the weapon please.

The charge attack animation should skip the standard design (more damage in a single haymaker) and go for utility (multiple knockdowns or a throw!)

Last but not least, get rid of the slide-spin and swap it out for a vault using the staff (unrealistic? yes... Fun?  Also yes!)

Damage is crap, animations are crap, utility is done better with everything else in its category.

Haha I posted the vault idea in another thread, nobody liked it.  I thought it was cool, though!!!

I share your sentiment OP!

I still use the Bo purely because it looks awesome and I like the Bo IRL. The Bo in game doesn't quite do the weapon justice in my opinion.

For now, I have it Catalysted and Polarised, hoping that one day the devs improve on the knockdown and general forcefulness of the staff.

haha you want another one sushi?  Lets add this into nightmare mode where the challenge for extermination is you have to fly into all the enemies while on your broomstick.  The only weapons you have are the broomstick and a wand that stuns/staggers enemies.