Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bo Users?

PROteinxstack

What many people missunderstand with the Bo staff, including you, is its a DEFENSIVE WEAPON. Its not made to run in and kill everything in sight. Its range is better than most melee weapons.

Bo Staffs are usually used in sweeping twirls and rounded attacks.

This.  It's a defensive weapon and that was how I used it.  I found it worked very well for that, too--some stun % buffs and it was staggering everything that moved.  Once it got high enough level I could stunlock almost anything for long enough to make a kill.  IMHO it's a great weapon for a caster-class or utility like Volt, Banshee, etc.; it gives that extra few seconds of breathing space even when you've been mobbed by enemies.

As for sending bad guys flying.......try the Fragor. 

it's a great weapon for a caster-class or utility like Volt, Banshee, etc.; it gives that extra few seconds of breathing space even when you've been mobbed by enemies.

As for sending bad guys flying.......try the Fragor.

ok thats fine... I'll give you the playstyle card. If this is what DE meant to do when creating this weapon, they need to change the description to be word-for-word the above quoted posted by Fleetwing instead of the in-game description below.

A two-handed, reinforced staff, that can send multiple enemies airborne.
Edited by PROteinxstack

ok thats fine... I'll give you the playstyle card. If this is what DE meant to do when creating this weapon, they need to change the description to be word-for-word the above quoted posted by Fleetwing instead of the in-game description below.

As long as they include the word 'stunlock,' it can't fail. :D 

The attack animation which you do to enemies laying on the ground takes TWO STEPS, it's too long and the second sweep animation DOESN'T EVEN DEAL DAMAGE

I love the Bo very much, I really do, I'm planning to potato it right now, please fix it :c

Edited by The_Markie

i love my bo, too. it is aesthetic, it is smooth, it is... shaolin style! i don't care how much damage it does, as long as i can stun enemies and let them take off. for me it is a purely tactical/defensive weapon and not ment to kill anything.

I love the Bo IRL, the one in warframe is just sad.

The strikes need to be 200% faster coming off both ends of the weapon for starts.  Making a Bo slow is frustrating.

The weird one handed "slapping" animation needs to go.  Two hands on the weapon please.

The charge attack animation should skip the standard design (more damage in a single haymaker) and go for utility (multiple knockdowns or a throw!)

Last but not least, get rid of the slide-spin and swap it out for a vault using the staff (unrealistic? yes... Fun?  Also yes!)

Damage is crap, animations are crap, utility is done better with everything else in its category.

-Most enemies were staggered not knocked down or affected by ragdoll although advertised by the wiki

Wiki shopping ftw lol sorry for some reason this amused me greatly.  +1 for reading the wiki though.  I rarely if ever see the Bo which is a strong indicator that it's probably considered under-powered.   I like the suggestions though, I'm keen on every weapon being viable given the asymmetry of weapon "progression" in this game by and large (primes & clan tech excluded) it doesn't make sense to have weapons which aren't viable.  

Yeah, in my opinion, something should be done to make it more viable option to choose. I like the idea of really giving it the ability it should have, the Kestrel type of knockdown. What I can not agree with is all the occasions you mentioned stuns or knockdowns, I don't want it to be over powered thanks to perma stun lockdown. Definitely something in those lines though.

its 'knock away' effect is more usefull than ever in Infested defense against nasty Toxics than can pop the pod if they die too close and fart toxic gas all over it!

But the Amphis has the same effect and is miles ahead in damage and also has a VERY usefull AOE shock effect especially when modded/formaed correctly

as for it getting a buff...i wouldnt hold my breath, i honestly have NEVER seen anyone use it after my first week playing months and months ago

Michaelangelo. End of story.

Speaking of which, why aren't there nunchaku in Warframe yet? That is one of the most iconic "Ninja" weapons ever. Mostly from idiots on Youtube, but still...

Well there aren't any Raphael sai either.... sadly.