The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranged Infested

CrazyCatLad

Maybe if DE adds a ranged Infested, make it slightly rarer than Ancients, that way you aren't getting swarmed by them. In addition, as per their design, have them fire sharp, organic shards of hardened tissue from some sort of weapon grown onto them.

Aw yes.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Maybe if DE adds a ranged Infested, make it slightly rarer than Ancients, that way you aren't getting swarmed by them. In addition, as per their design, have them fire sharp, organic shards of hardened tissue from some sort of weapon grown onto them.

Aw yes.

No I want them to fire Control Mods so I can gobble em up and make moaar fieldrons.

I definitely think they need something, to help even out Ember and Vauban against the "everyone charge them without thought" AI.

My personal suggestion would be a "partly-Infested" Heavy Gunner or something. A unit in which the Infestation hasn't fully mutilated their physical form as of yet, so they're still able to wield weaponry, but are part of the "hive mind" of the Infested units.

Or... they shoot Toxic Ancients out of their fingers.

OH GAWD THE FORT-CLASS BETA ARE HERE!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!! RUUUUUUUUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

THEY'LL SHOOT CHARGERS OUT OF THEIR... MANY ORIFICES!

OH GAWD THE PTSD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I definitely think they need something, to help even out Ember and Vauban against the "everyone charge them without thought" AI.

My personal suggestion would be a "partly-Infested" Heavy Gunner or something. A unit in which the Infestation hasn't fully mutilated their physical form as of yet, so they're still able to wield weaponry, but are part of the "hive mind" of the Infested units.

That crossed my mind but I chose not to spew out all the ideas I had in my original post lol

I have an Idea about this : Toxic Creeper 

Its a small unit , like a size of an Osprey but with legs . It can crawl on the wall and celling , and spit poisonous venom against you . It has very low health but are highly agile and hard to spot , it can be crowded with 10-15 Creeper per map on defense mode ! Does that sound goods to y'all ?? 

Besides the pedo-prod on the Ancients, and fart-flinger on the Golem are there ever going to be any ranged Infested?

Or would that totally throw off every subsequent Infested Defense mission?

I suggested ranged infested types on another thread talking about too little love for infested.

Infested spike, throws spikes that have a chance to poison players or use it as a melee weapon. Upon death spikes may launch in all directions(can kill other infested as well). When low on health infested spike would attempt to throw multiple spikes.

Infested screamer, when it screams other infested will be attracted. When low on health it would attempt to launch a sonic arrow before it would commit suicide. When it launches a sonic arrow, all targets in its path will be knocked-down and damage will be dealt as piercing.

Edited by Jacate

Ancient Rollers. Grineer rollers that have been infested. They leave a toxic trail and have an AOE disruption that also heals allies. Then for attacking, the spikes of the Ancient roller shoot out in all directions and poison anyone hit. Unaffected by bastille, mind control, or chaos.

Ancient Rollers. Grineer rollers that have been infested. They leave a toxic trail and have an AOE disruption that also heals allies. Then for attacking, the spikes of the Ancient roller shoot out in all directions and poison anyone hit. Unaffected by bastille, mind control, or chaos.

I lol'd hard.

But ancient ranged?  Let the vauban tears flow!

I want a flying bat-like unit that flings AP thorns at the player. An Advanced-Class unit, similar spawnrate to Shield Lancers. Higher levels can have a venomous variety that has poisonous thorns or something.

For some reason that reminds me of that flying thing in Natural Selection 2, having the spike machinegun in its arms.