Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Aborting All Of These Beautiful Frames!

Daihazi

I like most of the concept art, but maybe scale back the beer belly a bit. We already have Nova who is, or was pregnant. 

It's called looking like a real person. Even thin girls have a small hump of muscle and belly there if they are healthy.

It's called looking like a real person. Even thin girls have a small hump of muscle and belly there if they are healthy.

True. I think the world needs a fat guy frame. Not a morbidly obese one, but just... like the funny fat guy with a shotgun kind of guy. like Choji xD

Good thing we aren't real people then, nor are warframes based on some sort of visceral reality of humans that no longer exist in the distant future. :|

To the topic at hand, DE already reads the forums, having stated such quite clearly in the past livestream, especially taking a liking to the fan zone forums. Can't really get much more consolidated than that.

I drew Gaia! It's from the thread I linked earlier.

Man, direcyphre, if you think I went too far with Gaia's design you should have seen my earlier thumbnails. They were just biotech African fertility idols. I think the Terraformer version would still look like that, but the Warrior Gaias would just be plump and curvy.

I don't like giving all the frames the same body type. I think it leads to artistic stagnation, so I like to try different things.

Good thing we aren't real people then, nor are warframes based on some sort of visceral reality of humans that no longer exist in the distant future. :|

Well, you are actually wrong about Humans not existing.

The Grineer are actually human. They have abused cloning, and thus suffer genetic mutation and disruption to such an extreme extent.

The Corpus are also humans. They rely heavily on thier AI technology, and energy weapons. Unlike grineer, they aren't so strong without thier ROBOTS.

The Tenno are... well, we do not know actually. They could possibly be a faction of humans. This is most likely the case, as Hayden Tenno was a human in an Excalibur Warframe. Lotus is presumably Hayden's wingman (or wing-girl) uploaded as an AI. The Tenno follow Hayden's ways, and Hayden is thought of as the founder of the Tenno. Although this has not been officially confirmed, it is the only hypothesis that makes sense thus far. We are humans wearing armor. Each Warframe is his/her own individual character, much like in LoL.

I only said to scale it back a bit, not get rid of it, Other than Nova which Warframe actually looks like a real person?

And many more really hot topic frames that DE ignores.

Please tell me more about you knowing what DE does and what they dont.

They already mentioned in the last livestream that wanted frames will be added, so this sentence is just.... not correct, nor do you know anything about DE´s attention on threads.....

Edited by Venarge

The fan zone. Art. Stories. OCs. All a bunch of awesomeriffic stuff lives in the Fan Zone. But one thing that also lurks there are Warframes. Not the ones we know today, such as Volt, Ash, and Frost, but the ones that do not yet exist. Vaara, the Nanomachine Manipulator. Shard, the Crystal Warrior. Tempest, The Wind Rider. Reaper, The Shadow. Triyang, The Doppelganger. And many more really hot topic frames that DE ignores. Arguably one of the coolest warframes, Nova, is even from the Fan Zone! So, I think DE should hold a contest. Look at all the serious warframes, Like those I mentioned above, and choose 20. The X that recieve the most votes should become real warframes. Just like Nova, I think some of these frames need to be given a chance. At least looked at. This would give players a great deal of options. Why have like 15 or 20 Warframes to choose from, when you can have maybe 50? It gives the game more diversity, and I am sure many people would agree with me. 

What should the community do? Post ideas of serious Warframes in this thread. Let Rebecca, Sheldon, Steve, and everyone else @DE look at them all. I will even post the two that are my personal ideas. Maybe they will actually do it! And if they do, then I think a lot of players would be thrilled.

Please, don't be a jerk. Don't post some dumb bacon shooting frame on here. Thank you.

[/rule]

Also, please try to be orderly with the frame ideas. Try to loosely follow the pattern of my brainchild warframe, Triyang.

TRIYANG: THE MACH 5 BERSERKER

Triyang is based on High speed movement, and the ability to triangulate with his two doppelgangers. His suit can generate an anti friction field, allowing him to flash accelerate to mach 5 speed in under a second. I apologize for the rushed description, as I accidentally Xed out my page when I rewrote it for 1 freaking hour -_-*

Power 1: Triangulation Slash: Triyang's doppelgangers get into triangle formation, and slash dash toward the middle, dealing 200/300/450/600 damage to all enemies caught in it. Cost: 25 Energy

Power 2: Meteor Impact: Triyang is given a boost by two of his doppelgangers, and leaps high into the air. He then accelerates to Mach 5 and crashes into the ground, making a shockwave that inflicts 100/200/300/400 damage and inflicts light stasis to all enemies within 5m. Cost: 50 Energy. The stasis is half as strong as that of Rhino Stomp and Bastille.

Power 3: Enemy Bomb: Triyang has two of his doppelgangers hold a target down, and plant a kunai with a powerful bomb tag strung to it in it's head. The three then hurl the enemy at a group. The enemy detonates, dealing 300/500/700/950 damage to everything within 5m.

Ultimate: Skana Dance: Triyang and his doppelgangers begin running at Mach 5 in a fair sized circle. They the begin juggling their swords between one another, cutting up all enemies caught in the middle. This deals 10/20/30/45 damage 35 times over 5 seconds. (thats a total of up to 1570 damage over 5 seconds.) 

Stats

Health: 75

Shield: 100

Armor: 10 or 50 (whichever seems appropriate. I think 10 is a good counterbalance for his aggressive style)

Speed: 1.30

Energy: 150

Helmet Ideas:

Default: Everything +0%, Everything -0%

Velocity: Speed +10%, Armor -25%

Acceleration: Power Efficiency +15%, Power Strength -5%

[/rule]

Art is also greatly appreciated! :)

Let us see if we can save some unborn Warframes!!!

Oh, and links are perfectly fine!

WTF WHY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOT SUBMITTED THESE FRAMES IN DC?!!?!

FFS Crystal frame? Wind Rider? Nanomachine Manipulator?  These are way cooler than the dung we get in DC....

Most of these suggestions are not worthy of making it ingame. If it is not a stupid name then it is a stupid story and if not that then way OP abilities. Most of the time it is all 3. Then there is also a basic fact that many of these powers would be far to difficult to code. Iron Skin is in its sad state simply because they cant code the invuln to knockdown/poison/drain with a hardcapped shield (my theory anyhow.) and Ash's bladestorm.

Im all for creativity, even if its the kind that makes me cringe in its 14 year oldness. Im all for the fanzone and people sharing their work.

But to create a thread basically telling DE to make fan frames isnt really a smooth move. There are many reasons for fan frames not being in the game a few I have mentioned. But really, think of it this way. Would you go up to author and demand he include charecter and story you made up in his books? No, that is silly. Well it is the same thing here.

Warframe is a work of art and fiction. The creative team at DE has brought us this game and its unique art. Let them tell their story.

They have made only ONE Community Based Frame. This is a beta. There are at least 40 good frame ideas. It seems as if they have been ignoring these other frames, and I want to try to get them to at least confirm a few before they are lost forever!

It's my dream to have one of my frames implemented, and Im sure others share it as well. 

WTF WHY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOT SUBMITTED THESE FRAMES IN DC?!!?!

FFS Crystal frame? Wind Rider? Nanomachine Manipulator?  These are way cooler than the dung we get in DC....

Because you cannot post in D., For this very reason.

WTF WHY HAVE YOU PEOPLE NOT SUBMITTED THESE FRAMES IN DC?!!?!..

One, DE has to put them up. DC members are unable to post, as you should know, being a GM like me.

Two, Nova was released before I thought up the Nanomachine Manipulator, Vaara. And I believe Nova beat Tempest out too!

Hence why Im trying to get DE to make some moar frames like this!!! XD

One, DE has to put them up. DC members are unable to post, as you should know, being a GM like me.

Two, Nova was released before I thought up the Nanomachine Manipulator, Vaara. And I believe Nova beat Tempest out too!

Hence why Im trying to get DE to make some moar frames like this!!! XD

Read my above post if you want to know why this will never happen. Not trying to take the wind out of your sails but its reality.

Most of these suggestions are not worthy of making it ingame. If it is not a stupid name then it is a stupid story and if not that then way OP abilities. Most of the time it is all 3. Then there is also a basic fact that many of these powers would be far to difficult to code. Iron Skin is in its sad state simply because they cant code the invuln to knockdown/poison/drain with a hardcapped shield (my theory anyhow.) and Ash's bladestorm.

Im all for creativity, even if its the kind that makes me cringe in its 14 year oldness. Im all for the fanzone and people sharing their work.

But to create a thread basically telling DE to make fan frames isnt really a smooth move. There are many reasons for fan frames not being in the game a few I have mentioned. But really, think of it this way. Would you go up to author and demand he include charecter and story you made up in his books? No, that is silly. Well it is the same thing here.

Warframe is a work of art and fiction. The creative team at DE has brought us this game and its unique art. Let them tell their story.

Except they actively ask DC to help them design frames and input/change frames based on game feedback. 

You think think they have this big story and crap but they don't and Steve has said as much.  There is very little Lore, they're literally just making S#&$ up as they go along now that everybody is demanding they create some. 

Also, the frames from the OP are pretty decent - this game is all about this wonky crazy space ninja thing.  You think a crystal frame or a wind frame doesn't fit?  pfft well we'll just get rid of volt/ember/mag -_- seriously not exactly non-generic there eh?  This whole game is shaped around user feedback. 

They have made only ONE Community Based Frame

Its not like they have more content to create than just frames isnt it...

It seems as if they have been ignoring these other frames, and I want to try to get them to at least confirm a few before they are lost forever!

Again, you dont know anything about DE´s attention on the forums. They said that if an idea is good, they recognize it and safe it for further inspections. There is no need to make a dev respond on every good thread....

Then there is also a basic fact that many of these powers would be far to difficult to code.

A lot of them are not that hard honestly. I am a code monkey, and I dont see much problem with a lot of them. Although a few would be tricky, hey they got Saryn and Vauban to work, so :p

Except they actively ask DC to help them design frames and input/change frames based on game feedback. 

You think think they have this big story and crap but they don't and Steve has said as much.  There is very little Lore, they're literally just making S#&$ up as they go along now that everybody is demanding they create some. 

Also, the frames from the OP are pretty decent - this game is all about this wonky crazy space ninja thing.  You think a crystal frame or a wind frame doesn't fit?  pfft well we'll just get rid of volt/ember/mag -_- seriously not exactly non-generic there eh?  This whole game is shaped around user feedback. 

User feedback is not the same as copy/paste as this thread suggests. DE not having a planned story also does not make their existing stuff any less valid than if it was planned.

What you think is cool I think is lame. Im not going to bash peoples ideas on a individual basis because there is no need. But remember, just because you like something doesnt others do. And there is still 50 reasons why fan frames will never make it into the game.

Well, you are actually wrong about Humans not existing.

The Grineer are actually human. They have abused cloning, and thus suffer genetic mutation and disruption to such an extreme extent.

The Corpus are also humans. They rely heavily on thier AI technology, and energy weapons. Unlike grineer, they aren't so strong without thier ROBOTS.

The Tenno are... well, we do not know actually. They could possibly be a faction of humans. This is most likely the case, as Hayden Tenno was a human in an Excalibur Warframe. Lotus is presumably Hayden's wingman (or wing-girl) uploaded as an AI. The Tenno follow Hayden's ways, and Hayden is thought of as the founder of the Tenno. Although this has not been officially confirmed, it is the only hypothesis that makes sense thus far. We are humans wearing armor. Each Warframe is his/her own individual character, much like in LoL.

Or in other words, amalgamations of humans... which still in no way relate to somehow being 'plump' or some current standard of human proportions. However, since the subject at hand is about the wielder of warframes, a.k.a. Tenno, my statement still stands because nothing directly points to us being 'human' in this game.

Stop hating guys. If DE did release a bunch of cool frames like Vaara, Tempest, Necro, and Triyang, would you $#*(@ and call lorebreaking? Or would you be like Ermehgherd, new warframez!

Edited by Daihazi