The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Did You Guys Just Troll Us?

Lexinator

Lol.

No map

No shields

Vampire

Low Gravity

We have one mob left and are trying to find it (no map). All of us are scattered around trying to figure out where it's hiding. We are complaining how it doesn't get any worse than not having a map...

Stalker spawns...

/Fin.

Nightmare Solo - Pluto : Spy mission

Volt : Aura - Rifle Damage + 1 Mod, Enemy Radar, no abilities.

1.) 

No shields

Vampire

Got down to 2 remaining but could see one of them, two Moa's came in behind me unannounced.

No shields

Timer

Got down to 50 seconds remaining, 1 more to grab before extraction, 2 Moa's came in behind me. .. /ragequit

I'm trolled by DE on a daily basis in solo by spawning enemies :P

But yeh, that does suck Lexi :|

Edited by Azraill

no map is flat out full retard XD 

it turns a few minute game into an hour long wall run along

stupid, now if i see a no minimap mission i drop and say screw it, thats not difficult its punishing since many doors and paths are crap like vents on ceilings or random walls or in vents floors :/

This is what happens when people complain that Nightmare mode is too easy...

It kinda is and kinda isn't. Depends if your self-punishing or not.

Pulled a video up of one of my other Nightmare runs today -

Solo - Pluto - Spy situation again: 

Volt - No abilities / no mods (Except Enemy Radar)

Vampire

Low gravity.

Grabbed 2/4 of the data terminals.

Turns into exterminate. 56 Enemies remaining.

Got down to 17.

Moa 1-shot me, but at least that one was not behind me.

With a full mod setup, or you know, with a -team- it wouldn't be hard, or stealth. But mostly the whole team thing, team nightmare isn't hard. Solo, yeah it's punishing, not near as much if you use revives but can only do that so much ;3 

Edited by Azraill

"Let's find ways to make it even more difficult for these Hardcore 1%".

Add a 1 HP modifier. You are now entirely dependant on shields. Good luck.

But one of the Nightmare mods removes the shields :-)

As a side note, it's pretty nice to see that they finally improved the Stalker AI to actually use his Despair. I mean it wasn't nice for us to see, but you know :-)

Edited by Lexinator

no map is flat out full retard XD 

it turns a few minute game into an hour long wall run along

stupid, now if i see a no minimap mission i drop and say screw it, thats not difficult its punishing since many doors and paths are crap like vents on ceilings or random walls or in vents floors :/

try no map in the mines imagine how much people would rage over there... infact why isn't there a Void/Raid/Nightmare/Tier 3/No Map? Could you imagine how insanely hard that could get?

Is still too easy.

But i made the suggestion that when completing modes that have this many requirements you should be given one life refill because some of these situations are very likely to cause you to start using your revives.

I had one of the no map, no shields, life and energy leech while fighting Vay Hek and dude was killing us continuously so....revives ended up being used. And when it gets to that point.... i am really not going to do them that many times.

But one of the Nightmare mods removes the shields :-)

As a side note, it's pretty nice to see that they finally improved the Stalker AI to actually use his Despair. I mean it wasn't nice for us to see, but you know :-)

Then hope to RNG that you don't get both ;p

(IIRC they've mentioned making the permutations more rigid and less random, so 1HP and No Shields/Vampire probably won't happen anyways)

And he uses his Despair now? Hope I get Stalked sometime soon.

No map isn't even hard it's just so boring and tedious when u run back and forth bc u missed a vent..

It is when its swarms of infested, you run out of bullets, your nearly dead... as it is the no map is draining on resources, and time... your practically getting murdered as you try to find the objective.

Edited by Arlayn

Did that already and some. Fun times actually. (No shields, Vampire, no abilities, no mods on the warframe, no sentinel also on Pluto.) That was hard. Hhhaaard, fun though. I didn't actually win either, no surprise to me since I'm still on my .. 25th nightmare run (ever) having started them yesterday.

Main source of deaths come from enemies spawning in behind you, not so much challenge as it is 'well that's nice.' enemy radar only gives you a 3-5 second warning if your lucky to turn around and odds are your shooting at something when it pops up the red blip that you might not notice anyway. Haaard. 

- Note though I never called Nightmare easy, just since these threads started popping up I've been on a Solo nightmare binge, actually been entertaining though at times just insane, when enemies just drop in behind you from a room you've cleared :P

Point being it's a refreshing difficulty, I like it. Coordinated team is more fun, but solo feels like Rainbow Six, you get shot you down, they get shot they go down.. cept the Tech's and Moas, those take a few extra shots: Solo nightmare feels balanced where it's at, pretty well anyway.