Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please rework/Never bring Operation: Plague Star back

shootaman777

Hmmm... Where to begin...

First of all, thanks, DE, for making this event have a decent reward pool.  1 fully crafted forma per 10 minute run?  Sounds good to me.  Some solid Exodia arcanes?  Sure, I'll take it.  Cool-looking Plague Zaws?  Hell yeah. 

However, this event was so bland and boring, that I almost fell asleep during every run, because I was on total autopilot during it.  There was absolutely zero variety to the runs themselves, other than the distance required to be covered.  Maybe a different route through a cave, or a longer drone route.  Even when I swapped roles with my teammates, I already knew their job inside and out, and nothing in the runs actually changed. 

We had 1 Nova, that Nova-coaster'd themselves and us across the plains, as well as MP'd the infested in Stage 4 of the Plague Bounty.  An Ember, to use their 3rd ability to nuke the Hemocyte.  A Loki, to switch teleport the excruciatingly, painfully slow hijack drone to the boil. 

Since the 4th Warframe was irrelevant since they were necessary only to complete the Phylaxis/Catalyst share, and there was no other utility that was needed, we brought along a Nekros for extra loot. 

On top of that, it was only possible to get 3k rep per run.  There was no endurance option for someone willing to put up with some extra challenge, for well-earned rewards.  There were also semi-annoying resource costs of Iradite for Eidolon Phylaxis, that added up.  Easily obtained rewards of Hemocyte Cystolith that were obtained en masse due to multiple Nekros being able to Desecrate a single Hemocyte, along with the 'exclusive' Hunter set mods being obtained in the same manner, made the whole 'exclusive' part of the event meaningless. 

After going through the event at least 100 times, I could not do any more runs of it.  It was so mind-numbingly boring, that even while blaring music with a movie in the background while eating food, I still fell asleep during a run, that I started 15 minutes after getting 10 hours of sleep, and waking up feeling fully rested. 

I know that the Plague Zaws will be coming back after the event ends, in some form, sooner or later.  The strikes, at least, are worth mastery points, and everything worth mastery points comes back except for the Founder's Gear (Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime).  Even the Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal are rumoured to be coming back soon. 

All that I ask, is that if they come back in a resurgence of Operation: Plague Star, that the operation itself is reworked in some way to have an Endurance mode, or at least to have some variety added to the runs. 

As an example of the Endurance mode, the limit to Catalysts/Phylaxis of 4/4 could be removed, so that more Catalysts/Phylaxis could be used per run, and would give more rep, each, per each one used.  Of course, the difficulty of the mission would increase along with each Catalyst/Phylaxis being used, as well, as would the rep amount rewarded to players completing runs of the event in this manner. 

As an example of variety, there could be more types of Hemocytes that could be spawned from the boil, other than just the reskinned Lephantis. 

I apologise if this seems a bit rant-ish.  I'm just sitting here, annoyed, not farming the event, because even though I want to farm the event for more of the good rewards that it has to offer, I'm already borderline burnt-out from Warframe, solely from the event, and I don't want to push that too far.  Just because of how boring this event is. 

How to make a great event. 

1: Base it on something thats very buggy to begin with... something that players are already burned out of... bounties!

2: Make it so it's always the same thing over and over.. and over again with no rotating rewards or objectives. 

3: Make sure to not include leaderboards so that hardcore players have nothing to do!

4: Recycle an already known boss but give it another name. 

Sarcasm aside, this event revolves around something we've already done except a little bit different. Usually events add something new to the game, something we've never done before. Not this time. It has to be one of the worst event they've done to date. 

Edited by Stoner74

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

How to make a great event. 

1: Base it on something thats very buggy to being with... something that players are already burned out of... bounties!

2: Make it so it's always the same thing over and over.. and over again with no rotating rewards or objectives. 

3: Make sure to not include leaderboards so that hardcore players have nothing to do!

4: Recycle an already known boss but give it another name. 

Sarcasm aside, this event revolves around something we've already done except a little bit different. Usually events add something new to the game, something we've never done before. Not this time. It has to be one of the worst event they've done to date. 

I mean, at least DE had the courtesy to rework bounties to give drops at the end of each stage of the bounty BEFORE the event, as opposed to after it.  So that each stage of the event bounty gave rewards.  Though it sucks that it took DE until people started getting sick of bounties to make them worth doing in the first place.  Kind of an evil twist, eh? 

Holy crap, the amount of Augur Message, Kuva x100, Endo x300, Neo H1 Relic, and Naramon Lens from the event, though.  I don't think anybody who farmed this event will ever complain about not getting Naramon focus or Hydroid Prime Systems.  And if anyone does, then we can play the 'spot the non-Plague Star player' game. 

Leaderboards would've been a welcome addition to this event.  The only problem with having leaderboards, is that there was nothing competitive about the event.  It was the same grind for everybody, with no difference in difficulty anywhere.  The only thing leaderboards could've been based on in this event is the amount of rep or runs someone gained/did during the event, and all that shows is how much time someone sank into the event, not skill or success at it. 

I guess the name Lephantocyte was already taken? 

To be sure, it's the worst event that I can remember.  Even worse than the time we had to hunt down Kubrows in the thickest fog setting of Earth, where you couldn't see anything, for a Strun Wraith. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)AL-NAIMIBROS said:

I'm on PS4 definitely looking forward to the rewards/loot but from your description I fear the event now.

Don't fear the event.  Just run it a few times, enjoy yourself, maybe craft a few Eidolon Phylaxis/Infested Catalysts, farm out the Hemocyte Cystolith and Hunter mods that you want, grab some forma, arcanes, and plague Zaws, and then never touch it again, if you value your interest in Warframe.