The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burn And Remove The Slow Death Animations.

Rettycombine

Don't dying people block bullets? It's kind of dumb.

but dying people dont soak up bullets like a steel wall. they will be thrown back by the force, maybe dealing light damage to people behind them?!

it isnt fun, accidentally releasing half a clip into a dying infested puppy you dont recognize as dead, and that just keeps on dying, unimpressed by your snipetron bullet.

every damn time!

Edited by Jhakoon

The ice + other elemental deaths makes it hard to tell what is alive and dead, costs a lot of ammo over time. They block shots and can cause even deaths or mission failure to result, like defense missions.

Edited by Alienami

Depending on the weapon, if there is a chokepoint (such as a hallway/doorway/staircase/bridge or other narrow passage) the slow animations will prevent you from landing anymore shots on targets that are behind. It's also difficult amidst the chaos to determine what enemies are dead and what are living. Realistically, this doesn't happen at all- but Warframe isn't supposed to be realistic, I get it. However, it's kind of crazy to assume something getting shot over 1000 times isn't reacting to any extra fire when it's dying.

What I'd like to see? Cryo'd enemies that die turn into "frost versions" of themselves like Subzero does in Mortal Kombat. You shoot and they shatter. Cool effect, problem solved, looks much better.

I also don't MIND the slow deaths, but they can sometimes be unreasonable given the circumstance of death (and they do last way longer than they should). It doesn't make sense that I can launch them across the map with a tiny bolt but an explosion will sometimes unphase them. Yeah, not realistic game, I get it- but that doesn't mean the game exists without some form of logic. I just wish there would be some balance to it.

For me, it's not a gamebreaker- it's just an annoying factor of the game. The extended time adds nothing to the game given the pace and theme and it plays as a detriment instead of playing to the advantage of the player. This is why I'd rather use my abilities rather than my gun, because whatever is hit tends to vaporize targets instantly instead of making a giant bullet sponge in front of my path.

Really, it's not a hard concept to grasp why people have issues with it, it's just not as much of a concern- which is understandable as well.

It's not just the "bullet walls" the dying enemies make during those animations, it's also that the animations make killing things a lot less satisfying compared to when they ragdoll and/or get dismembered.

Example: I use the Flux Rifle a lot, and part of the reason why it's so fun to use is that it slices enemies into pieces.... but only sometimes, and that's the issue. Using a laser to slice enemies into pieces, resulting in blood and body parts flying across the room? Awesome and satisfying. Sometimes having dying enemies turn into a wall made out of diamond, making it impossible to laser through them and depriving me of that glorious crunchy dismemberment sound effect? Very dull.

Yeah, the slow deaths are really boring. They aren't visceral or engaging. They're... actually kind of lame. I could understand if it was one guy singled out for comedic effect, but it doesn't even have the cathartic drive of being a "coward's death" either, it's just slow and mundane.

Granted, I'm not sure if DE plans on improving death animations later on or not, but it's always a possibility.

Edited by Exophase

maybe this is what we may be looking for:

- death animation can stay... but

- improve penetration and dismemberment mechanics

- allow us to rip that obnoxious obstacle into tiny pieces for blocking the vista with gunfire.

Take all my +1's OP.

Death animations used to be awesome, but then I don't know if it's because I started equipping elemental mods or because they changed it, but instead of eviscerating enemies into tiny pieces and watching them fly across a room, now we get Star Trek "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" deaths.

Super lame.

needs a fix.

just a question: anybody can recall for sure whether the "obstacles" also block enemy fire?

im sure it goes without testing that they are indeed a muderfawkin cockblockers...

according t my experiences atleast

Edited by FadingFaith