The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Force Extract?

havanero

1 hour ago, havanero said:

I'll accept that they want to stay for the first 30 minutes no problem, but beyond that time frame is just too much. and I did contribute my 20 to 25% damage so I was well on that department.

The thing is that it may be sufficient to you, because you already did all rotations. But if they are there because say, they want to level or farm for a certain resource, for example tellurium in the uranus survival, 30 mins may not be enough to get even 1. The only thing I can recommend is that you do a quick message or voice talk to group if you NEED to leave and they want to stay, letting them know that you are going to just hide in a map blind spot and idle. It is the healthiest way to go about it. They can still go around farming to their hearts content and they will leave when they are ready to leave, since ony 2 people at extraction is needed to leave.

Plus you may get a couple extra goodies in the process. Not the most elegant solution, but a temporary solution until they add squad leave.

4 hours ago, havanero said:

Well that would work if there wasn't people just wanting to go there for loot and just follow the one killing to get all loot.

Typically it works for those leveling their weapons, that would be a common reason to stay longer in survival missions.

Taking all the kills means the XP is gained through sharing instead of killing straight with the weapon being leveled.
Which can be sanctioned by bullet jumping out of affinity range and kill whatever enemies before they even reach other players leveling their weapons.

It is sort of passive aggression.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

5 hours ago, VadiseReikaz said:

You go for the rotations, others may go to level, or farm resources. If you dont contribute to their goals either, then there is no reason why they should care if you want to leave.

This is the relevant point.

If I go into a survival, I'm planning on staying at least 30min. That's a self-defined minimum. Otherwise, why bother with this mission type? If I don't have that sort of time for a short play session, then I don't do survivals. I usually go to these to level stuff up and maybe to test something out in a more extreme environment. I'm perfectly willing to go to 60min, but most aren't.

DE has talked about self-extraction in survivals, but nothing has been forthcoming. Defenses and intercepts have this feature, but I'm not sure how it can apply to survivals. If they go the same route, it disrupts the gameplay. You should have to fight your way out. I think it trivializes the experience and DE might think the same, since there's been no real action and this has been brought up some time ago (like two years ago). Personally, I think they should just add an individual timer when someone reaches extraction and most definitely NOT stop the game in a manner like defense or interception.

However, in the meantime, speak up. If you've really got to go, say something. Usually a team will extract if someone really has to leave. Of course, if it's 5min, you'll probably be ignored, but if you've really go to go, then just pull the plug and quit. I've had to do this on occasion and if you've got to go, you've got to go. Sure, you'll lose some stuff, but there's always more stuff. On the other hand, if you don't say something, I will let you sit at extract and suffer the consequences. It's a losing proposition, though, so speak up.

Don't join a public group for endless missions if you're just going to stay for a short run. Run the mission solo if you want to do it quickly. Better yet, actually ask at the start of the mission how long everyone is planning on staying and come to some agreements. Don't just assume they will all want to stop at the moment you want to.

30 minutes or even 1 hour are not incredibly long sessions and I think it says a lot about your character that you expect people to lose that time investment just to make you happy.

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

This should have been kinda obvious.....You joined a group, and you were expecting a single player experience?

what I mean by that is, a single player can't leave a group if they wanted while keeping loot and xp. So thats what I meant, is not single player friendly.

4 hours ago, Taruxas said:

Don't join a public group for endless missions if you're just going to stay for a short run. Run the mission solo if you want to do it quickly. Better yet, actually ask at the start of the mission how long everyone is planning on staying and come to some agreements. Don't just assume they will all want to stop at the moment you want to.

30 minutes or even 1 hour are not incredibly long sessions and I think it says a lot about your character that you expect people to lose that time investment just to make you happy.

I was going by 30 minutes to make an example, as of all my runs in that survival missions normally they stop at 20 minutes about 90% of the time and rarely go to 30 minutes but there is some that spend up to 40 minutes which those are like super rare groups, But the one I was talking about in this post took the cake with the amount of time spent.

13 hours ago, havanero said:

what I mean by that is, a single player can't leave a group if they wanted while keeping loot and xp. So thats what I meant, is not single player friendly.

Bud... it's a group. You joined a group. You're expected to play as a group. Why on earth would group play focus on the single player instead of the group? That's what solo play is for.

12 hours ago, Taruxas said:

Bud... it's a group. You joined a group. You're expected to play as a group. Why on earth would group play focus on the single player instead of the group? That's what solo play is for.

Lets say all 3 where together than why would they join as public when they are planing to spend 1 hour??? wouldn't it be best to do it as group invite, or friends only mode instead of wasting other peoples time going public mode??

В 29.11.2017 в 16:14, havanero сказал:

Landario,

Couldn't survive solo at Mastery rank 5 leveling weapons.

Sure you can.

You don't have to level them up to 30 in a span of one mission.

When I used to level on low levels I just hit io and gun or smash down infested for like 10 waves or so solo.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:46 AM, -Temp0- said:

Sure you can.

You don't have to level them up to 30 in a span of one mission.

When I used to level on low levels I just hit io and gun or smash down infested for like 10 waves or so solo.

Sorry forgot to add I couldn't solo it after 25 min or 30 min because mobs just got way too hard after.

On 11/29/2017 at 2:34 PM, havanero said:

Hi,

So I was in this Ophelia survival run with 3 other which after 20 min of killing I was planing to leave since is quite a bit of time for any mission personally and most missions I've done in Ophelia go for 20 min but then I decided to stay till 30 min and that's what I did. The other 3 didn't want to leave so I decided to go to extraction and no timer appeared so died not wanting to play anymore since going above 30 min none stop killing is boring in my case. After I died I thought they would take probably 5 to 10 minutes more and they would leave but no, they decided to stay for about another "30 MINUTES!!!!!!!", one freaking hour in total seriously, like I dam must be nice to have that time. So I found out on that mission that Warframe is not single player friendly on groups.

Is there a way to extract by yourself while not losing loot/XP or force extract the whole group? because is ridiculous to have to wait for other people to spend crazy amount's of time in a place that's not even fun for you anymore. If there isn't a feature to extract by yourself while not losing loot or XP, there has to be one and let those maniac's kill till their hearts content because I was planing on having fun with other alerts which I lost thanks to them.

Sadly, no. It events counts to your profile as a failed mission if it matters, just saying.

That one day is a mystery itself since I've been hearing since survival missions these issues, sadly new content has always presided all the time, who knows, only time shall speak for it - "That One Day...." 

giphy.gif

Well, hope DE listens this time & really adds the option of leaving the squad as per your desire without losing XP/losing rewards itself. :satisfied:

Edited by IIWingSaberII

On 11/29/2017 at 6:27 PM, saradonin said:

Force extract entire group by a single player would be terrible, it'd only encourage trolls.

But it would be great to have an option to extract independently, exactly in the same manner like what we have on defense missions.

I'm just glad there's no more last second #$&(% that extract the moment timer goes off on defense. Like, what the F would you do that. If you want leave just pick extract from the beginning.