Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stephano (Uranus) - defense

-FrutyX-

Hello there !

It's been a long time I really wanted to make a feedback for this mission/map .

So,to be totally honest,this map is a huge fail as a defense map,the reasons are simple : Enemies getting a lot stuck , the whole map is very slowing the time to finish a wave and it contains multiple defense positions.

Many but many times we agreed with even random guys I never seen that this map is bad as a defense , I am trying to  say I am not alone who feels the same as me.

For lazy players (and not only lazy) it's pretty annoying to swap the defense positions and run to another point every single wave,this is propably a question of comfort,but still...

Enemies are stuck on multiple places or it seems they just "wander" somewhere (not sure how to explain it,but everytime we must find them).

Also it seems it is very slow,I keep thinking why,well one reason is enemies getting stuck as said before,but it is propably also about the map size.

So to end this,I think this map is very uncomfortable for a defense type mission and it should stay only as an interception / mobile defense ,but that's everything.

I believe I will find on forums some peoples with the same problem as me,or ?

I doubt DE are going to change the mission node just because of my feedback , but still ,keep that in mind please , I wouldn't talk about this map much,but it seems a NEO Void fissure mission likes this map very often (another reason) .

Edited by -FrutyX-

• 3 weeks later...

I've personally watched this defense come up no less than 5 times in a 16 hour period. No one wants to play it, and if they do, only for the first 5 waves.

Enemies get stuck across the map constantly and in fact hunker down and hide; it's pretty much as though they are doing it purposely and care not for their own objective, which is to destroy the pod.

It is by and far the worst defense in the game, the second being the ice world map, where enemies also spawn across the enormous map, and hide instead of making their way to their objective.

It's extremely slow, not just because of the size of the map and the enemies hiding, but because it's layout is crap for the purpose of the map.

Sadly, as it is, its the only NEO fissure defense, ever, that ever pops up. And now that they have added yet another reason to need to open neo relics, we are stuck with the torture of this poorly designed, not thought out, and terrible defense map.

If they cared, they would know that no one plays this map and everyone hates it. But they don't.

The Way Fissures SHOULD work:

Honestly, all of these "open 1 relic per run" missions first off, should go away.

1. A Fissure spawns somewhere in the Solar System, it's location generates the tile set it uses. (This way we aren't stuck with Stephano 24/7, like we currently are. The map that everyone hates, apparently even the person who designed it. Because it's poop.)
  2. Players queue up for it and have a choice of defense, survival, interception, or excavation. (No more non-endless types, those are a waste of time.)
  3. Survival & Interception now have a choice of extraction for players who only wanted to open a few relics; this way people aren't screaming at each other and fighting over standing in the exit, which happens 65% of the time with public groups. 2 people goto the exit after opening 1 relic, because they either don't know that its a AABC rotation for drops, or they really only had time or wanted to do 1 relic.
  4. If someone picks your relic reward, you get TEN (10) traces, not one. One trace is like giving someone 1/16th of a penny and patting them on the head.
  5. Instead of a random number between 6 and 45 per opened relic, you get a random number between 25 or 45, 25 being the lowest possible. I can tell you how sick everyone is for being in a survival fissure for 60 minutes brawling out level 100 mobs and only getting 6 goddamned traces per relic. So that's about 60 if you opened 10. Seriously, that's absurd and torturous to the player. This way, if you sacrifice 4 relics, you get 100 at the worst and can radiant one. As it stands now, you could potentially open 15 relics and only then would you have 100 traces.
    1. Also with how UNRELIABLE it is to actually farm SPECIFIC relics, blowing through the current amounts demanded just to get traces (and not miss a chance at someone else's drop) is statistically a PITA.
Edited by Argenex