Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to separate finishers and general melee key binds

Airwolfen

Would like to request the option to separate the buttons of finishers and normal melee attacks. Or at least allow it to be switched between melee and interact.

When you are out farming focus using time limited pickups or in general you want to kill with melee withing a time period of a skill (sleep, rest, any blind skill) it is very annoying when the game suddenly decides that you are within the range of a finisher and suddenly you are locked in this slow animation when a normal attack would have been more then enough to take down multiple targets.

Allowing the separation of the button to either fuse with interact (toggle) or allow a different bind that is allowed to be bound side by side with other functions (like interact, reload, weapon swap), will make it so the player has more control over finisher moves rather then it being tied to positioning.

(A secondary effect would also be that when you ONLY want to do finishers you will not do a melee strike when the target just walks out of range or the player is positioned poorly. Alerting the enemy when you really did not want to.)

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Airwolfen

I agree with you, but what you mention is part of a bigger problem. Melee is a button mash. It makes sense for guns, but melee is supposed to be refined, calculated. Every strike should count, and every maneuver should be deliberate. Instead, we get this "Press E to Win" systems that, albeit fun at times, is miles away from a skillful approach to close combat.

Finisher uncontrollability is a symptom of how loose melee is right now. Still waiting for melee 3.0

I have been wishing for this since I first learned that stealth finishers were a thing, which was a very long time a go. I have also mentioned it, and seen it mentioned on the forums a few times, but it still has not happened.

It can't be that hard to simply switch melee finishers over to the use key instead of the melee key, or even add an extra keybind option to let players pick how they want it to work. I guess its just not high enough on DE's massive list of things to fix.