Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Rhino Was Fast?

magusat999

What if DE said, "Its too punishing for Rhino to be so slow, so we have sped up his base speed to keep up with the rest of the players..."? I wonder what the response would be from the rushers out there... would there be whining and gnashing of keyboards - or would there be a mad rush of people making Rhinos? The running speed differences really don't add much to the game - I think they should make all players equal in run speed. All it does is make certain people play the game in an inconsiderate manner. If we took that out of the equation players wouldn't be able to rush games and it would be more balanced.

Since speed is an form of defense on its own, I dont see a reason why every frame should move equally "slow". 
I myself would stop using Loki as much, since I do enjoy his speed as it is. I am also a fond user of Rhino and the speed problem can be fixed with the Vanguard helmet.

I think the main problem is actually that there is currently no reason NOT to rush. Rushing gets you to the objective and to the end of the mission and therefore to your reward the fastest, and some people just see no reason to slow down for someone who isn't as powerful as themselves. The thing is, there really is NO REASON for them to slow down, at least at the moment. From what I can tell from the livestreams, though, DE is taking this issue very seriously, as I doubt that the rushing playstyle was even something that they had foreseen when they made this game, and I don't think it's something that they particularly like.

Edited by Taihus

Soooo Rush mod and/or Vanguard helm?

Besides they already buffed Frost and Rhino's move speed, and nerfed the people who were over 1's speed; originally the range was like 0.7 to 1.6, now it's like 0.9 to 1.2.

S#&$'s fine.

Besides, he's slow because Iron Skin gives him a nice size overshield (and stagger protection) for him to get better cover with, and he has high shields and armor because he's slow. He doesn't need as high of movespeed.

Frost's 3 is the best cover around, so he literally could be at 0.5 and not care in-combat wise.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I think the main problem is actually that there is currently no reason NOT to rush. Rushing gets you to the objective and to the end of the mission and therefore to your reward the fastest, and some people just see no reason to slow down for someone who isn't as powerful as themselves. The thing is, there really is NO REASON for them to slow down, at least at the moment. From what I can tell from the livestreams, though, DE is taking this issue very seriously, as I doubt that the rushing playstyle was even something that they had foreseen when they made this game, and I don't think it's something that they particularly like.

rushing is only good if you want to finish a mission asap (for example with alerts). if you want to collect some stuff rushing is the most inefficient way to go about

EXP, better resource/mod drops from containers and wave/mobile defense (both of which you can't exactly rush)... the only time you really have reason to rush is fishing for BP drops from bosses. Otherwise you're actually better off killing and looting.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

When Rhino was tanky (in lvl 60+ content) his slow speed was a bit more justified. Now that he is a support/CC frame his slow speed was crippling for his role. Cant support a team he cant keep up with and cant CC a enemy he cant get to in time. His alt helmet fix's this but it requires wearing it which some people hate because of its looks.

rhino is "aggressive defense" frost is "reactive defense" that's why rhino has to be fast, or at least have speed on par with other warframes.

He is no longer classified as a tank warframe. The team decided to change his role during his reboot. Its spelled out in his introduction video by DE.

Iron Skin is great at 40 - but it is little more than a speed bump at 60+ and oftentimes a complete waste of energy. I would use it mostly for the knock down and drain resistance on a off swing at these levels but the fact it draws agro makes it unwise. Now rhino has to take damage like every other frame sans trinity/ember/frost.

Its going to take a while for players to understand his role change. And most wont untill they attempt high level content. Regardless, this is the real justifaction for his speed buff. He can no longer tank damage.

Edited by WARLOCKE

i used my rhino with maxed sprint speed, max stamina and stamina recharge speed and the thrak helmet (reason 1: the base one looks way to small for such a big guy IMO. 2: i get more health and the speed malus isnt to great, i can still keep up with rushers)

Originally all frames were the same speed, and the initial change was met with the ire of the populace. This is a basic balance of stats because slower frames all have more shields/health/armor versus the much squishier and lighter frames. However, they've since tweaked the speeds (as someone has already pointed out) where it doesn't make a huge difference. I main Frost and simply slot Rush to make up for a little bit of speed so it doesn't feel so awkward after using other faster frames.

All of which matters very little if you know how to get around faster in any frame via sliding, jumping, and weapon whirlycopter. Techniques everyone eventually learns and negates most speed concerns for any frame.

I don't rush because I enjoy the gameplay.

Insanity, I know.

Different speeds is probably more of a 'lore' thing than anything else.

It's just does not make sense for heavy warframes to be moving at the same speed as the lighter warframes.

The problem is with the players who like to leave other players behind in public games to boast their superiority and laugh when the other players die because they could to keep up.

These same players are generally also competitive PvP types who need to be first in everything in the game (first to get the artifact, first to smash loot containers, first to get to the evacuation point, first place in the kills score) otherwise there is little purpose to playing this game.

The best option would be to 'blacklist' these players so you never encounter them again.

Edited by VER1