Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self Damage should have a Cap

Mad_NOORS

Ever since Tonkor got screwed over by self-damage, I only see ONE player using it in my entire post-hiatus 500 hours when I got back after 2 years. And I'm the guy that always checks for team equipment every mission. It's ridiculous that even the OGRIS which does the least amount of damage among all launchers nukes RHINO WITH IRON SKIN if you put all necessary damage mods to make the launchers viable, let's not talk about what the Penta and Tonkor can do to max health Inaros. It's ridiculous that self damage is affected by mods, really if it was balanced to its damage? Tigris Prime works against level 140 mobs, Sobek scales infinitely with augment to room clear(45% of killed mob health as viral), Atterax with Relentless Combination and Weeping Wounds clears entire rooms well into 100s by abusing slash procs, meanwhile Ogris/Penta/Tonkor has trouble nuking level 80s. Launchers are a joke and now considering how powerful Sniper Rifles now, the weapon class as a whole is trash tier. Not even POE helps as my 6 forma TONKOR doesn't one shot level 60 Mortar Bombards.

It's kinda sad really that the most powerful Launcher is a BOW, and that's self damage that doesn't MATTER because you can just roll from cold procs or just press operator to not die. I don't care if Launchers do 50 damage per shot just make the self damage have a %health cap to frames.

Edited by Mad_NOORS
Removed weird formatting errors

5 minutes ago, NPC said:

OR 

Try to shoot explosives a bit further away than point blank. 

That doesn't always work tho. A team mate might jump in your face, the explosive might bounce,  it might explode while you bulletjump etc. With how chaotic the gameplay is, only certain frames can provide the means to always shoot them from a safe distance most of the time. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, NPC said:

OR 

Try to shoot explosives a bit further away than point blank. 

Doesn't work with how fast I move around to not die in high levels. Allies passing in front of me insta detonates the bombs, and launchers don't exactly have a bomb explosion range indicator. Riddle me this, why WOULD you not want launchers to be viable? No I'm not asking about how much damage it does because that can be tweaked, but WHY does it kills every single frame aside from Defy Wukong?