Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick Or Vote To Kick

Izeck

There is possibility to make private lobby. Problem solved.

Even if you have 200 people in your friends list. What are the chances that they will want to play the same mission as you are at all times? You will have to play with randoms at some point. Not all of use are members of a 1000+ member clans.

Edited by Izeck

There is possibillity to failing at hosting. Not everybody even able to get it from provider, you know.

BETA!

Even if you have 200 people in your friends list. What are the chances that they will want to play the same mission as you are at all times? You will have to play with randoms at some point. Not all of use are members of a 1000+ member clans.

THIS HUMANITY THIS HUMANITY! If you know what I mean.

And final release won't solve this problem. Like it wasn't solved in EVERY GODDAMN GAME BEFORE. Like it wasn't solved in many p2p systems.

All good games takes time. Just one thing to note connection from let's say from Norway to Japan is not good by a reason. There has been multiple times when I have hated to say myself "Well it is beta"

Why should I leave? I'm not the one ruining the game. Why not get the option to kick the troll so me and the other 2 players can keep enjoying a fun game.

Also, why are people so opposed to this? I keep hearing "If you don't like being trolled, just leave". Isn't it better off to have the troll leave instead? He/she is the one ruining the game, why should I be the one to leave?

Playing left for dead 2 would help show you why vote to kick is not a nice thing to have in a game like Warframe. As a new player you may be a skilled gamer but not understand and need to learn about enemy types etc. You fall 1 room back and everyone hits the vote button. Would ruin the game for a high percentage of that 95% you speak of.

Playing the pvp mode of L4d2 i loved. I couldnt belive how funny it was. Every game i was kicked, abused first with a lot of swearing and cussing my female status (I'm a bloke with a girls name). It ruined the most fun part of L4d2 for me and i went looking for a new game. I found Warframe.

Maybe if we could mark a persons name with a skull or something. Then let us see who were grouping with before we start. We see a skull and a comment we left on that players skull like :omfg noob hate him etc. We can then choose if to play or not. Problem is everyone would be putting skulls on each other because 1 tiny thing happened in a game... Impossible situation really.

There is no answer for people who ruin your game apart from stay offline. Find friends within the game you can play with more often. There are a hell of a lot of people who are playing solo mode because online can be horrible. Maybe start a forum post asking for these people to stand up and then join groups with others who want good gameplay. I know from playing co-op but as a tight group that Warframe shines and is a very very good game.

Go solo, quit or suck it up.

People are trolls, atm they ar eleft with some tools to troll, the moment you give a kick button that will be abused.

vauban throws a Vortex, somebody doesnt like it... lets kick him

and trolling passes on mate, Ive seen a game where mag, with the old pull, started trolling, and then suddenly people that werent trolling started doing it on everybody also.

Thats just humanity, you wont ever correct it by giving them a new troll tool.

and trolling passes on mate, Ive seen a game where mag, with the old pull, started trolling, and then suddenly people that werent trolling started doing it on everybody also.

Thats just humanity, you wont ever correct it by giving them a new troll tool.

Well said. And I miss that old pull a bit. That you was able to pull your allies is a bit sad thing to lose :(

You dont see how this will be abused?

What about a person sitting at the mercury missions and just kicking every single new guy as they join the map? (We really dont need to kill the game by driving off all of the new players)
What about playing an alert with a single person and he kicks you right before extraction? (And if you get the rewards anyways people will just exploit that to start an alert and kick everyone that joins for instant alert complete!!!!)
What about seeing a BP drop from a boss but being kicked right before you pick it up?
What about being kicked because one of their friends just got online and they want to play with them and finish the mission?
What about the people that kick because of your frame choice?  Or weapons? (People already harrass others over that, they'll definitely kick because of it)
And what about the exploit of joining a void run, kicking the host, and then finishing without ever using a key?  And if they get the completion rewards, well hello to instant and free void runs without any work!

Thats why your "They keep the mission rewards and everything!" wont work.  Especially for alert missions.

A vote kick without any pre-conditions to start it will just be abused by trolls.

The ONLY way a vote kick would work is if it had pre-conditions before it could be used.
Such as:
The person must have been AFK for X minutes
The person must have been in a seperate room from any party member for X minutes (will catch rushers, turtlers, and people who afk in the defense start room with the W key weighted down)
The person must be holding the datamasses but not moving to extraction when the rest of the team has been in extraction for X amount of time
The person must be holding the datamass in a deception/mobile defense and not using it while the rest of the party is at the console to use it for X amount of time.
And until one of those conditions are met there will be no vote-kick option.

Without pre-conditions like this all you are going to do is give trolls a huge tool to use.

Blacklists would be infinitely better than your suggestion.

Edited by Tsukinoki

My guess is that all those opposed to a kick option are those that will get kicked the most. Sure there will be trolls who kick for the hell of it or for stupid reasons, but there will be less incentive to be a troll if you know that you will be kicked for doing so.

I was literally in a game a few minutes ago (I was hosting a defense mission in Jupiter). Me and 2 other random guys are farming salvage and then a fourth guy joins. He starts talking about how he likes to be comfortable so he is going to take his pants off, then he says he is taking off his "undies". I say "TMI, dude" to which he replies "You sound like a C***". Then he goes into the spawn point and starts killing. One of the other guys asks him "Plz stay near the pod, its easier to farm mats that way". He responds "Stfu" and "If you don't like playing with others go play solo, C***"

So, like it has been said here before, I left the game at wave 3. I was hosting, why did I have to leave? If there was an option to kick we could have kicked this guy, continued having a good farming session and he would have to think twice next time he wanted to be a #$&(%.

Vote to kick NEEDS to be in this game.

My guess is that all those opposed to a kick option are those that will get kicked the most. Sure there will be trolls who kick for the hell of it or for stupid reasons, but there will be less incentive to be a troll if you know that you will be kicked for doing so.

I was literally in a game a few minutes ago (I was hosting a defense mission in Jupiter). Me and 2 other random guys are farming salvage and then a fourth guy joins. He starts talking about how he likes to be comfortable so he is going to take his pants off, then he says he is taking off his "undies". I say "TMI, dude" to which he replies "You sound like a C***". Then he goes into the spawn point and starts killing. One of the other guys asks him "Plz stay near the pod, its easier to farm mats that way". He responds "Stfu" and "If you don't like playing with others go play solo, C***"

So, like it has been said here before, I left the game at wave 3. I was hosting, why did I have to leave? If there was an option to kick we could have kicked this guy, continued having a good farming session and he would have to think twice next time he wanted to be a #$&(%.

Vote to kick NEEDS to be in this game.

There is invite only lobby you know? But you do have point.

@Izeck
And what happens when you continue to run into the same troll match after match and have to kick him every time and convince the rest of the group to do so as well?

How does that solve everything where they can just troll you repeatedly?

And gods help you if you are in a clan with that guy...any private matches can be crashed by him...repeatedly as he could just rejoin until the objective is complete.

Please tell me how kicking solves anything in that case.

Yes, because Im against your opinion, Im a troll.

then may that be my name.

For gods sake, do you read what you post, at all?

People give you 10 reasons why it would be abused, you give 1 why it would be usefull... yes, you are right, your only reason is bigger than the many against you. :)

@Izeck

And what happens when you continue to run into the same troll match after match and have to kick him every time and convince the rest of the group to do so as well?

And here we go, theoretical super-hax0r troll from the deeps of hell who loops your efforts on himself. Just imagine how stupid you look like right now.

@Icouldjustkissyou
So running across the same person who is a $&*^ because you need to farm the same boss more than once has never happened to you?

I've ran pugs with bosses and gotten the same person 5 groups in a row.

And if you would read further you would see that I was also talking about a troll/someone you hate that happens to be in the same clan as you are in.  Which does happen with larger clans.  If neither of you are willing to leave a kick just allows him to bother you whenever he feels like that.

So please stop cherry picking...or is teh best arguments your side have logical fallacies?

Edited by Tsukinoki

Yes, because Im against your opinion, Im a troll.

then may that be my name.

For gods sake, do you read what you post, at all?

People give you 10 reasons why it would be abused, you give 1 why it would be usefull... yes, you are right, your only reason is bigger than the many against you. :)

Nope, saying random things is not an argument. Still, this thread has no reliable mechanism of exploiting the majoritary kick system.

@Icouldjustkissyou
Someone sits on mercury and kicks all new players whenever they join.  Pretty big abuse problem when it can drive new players away from the game very quickly if whenever they join a match they are just kicked.

Because afterall, out of 2 people only one needs to vote to kick.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Izeck

How does that solve everything where they can just troll you repeatedly?

And gods help you if you are in a clan with that guy...any private matches can be crashed by him...repeatedly as he could just rejoin until the objective is complete.

Please tell me how kicking solves anything in that case.

So we should just stick with the guy instead of kicking him? Wow, why didn't I think of that? /sarcasm

@Izeck
The point being that you have to KICK him every time he joins the mission, or re-joins if he happens to be in your clan.

A better solution is a blacklist.  Play with him once and then never again.  Much better than an abuseable kick system.  Especially when in a kick system you have to convince everyone else to vote to kick them.  And if they are only trolling you with abilities (Such as switch teleport) and no one else...well, good luck convincing some people to vote to kick them.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Nope, saying random things is not an argument. Still, this thread has no reliable mechanism of exploiting the majoritary kick system.

*face palm* Is any forum moderators at online right now?

@Icouldjustkissyou

Someone sits on mercury and kicks all new players whenever they join.  Pretty big abuse problem when it can drive new players away from the game very quickly if whenever they join a match they are just kicked.

Because afterall, out of 2 people only one needs to vote to kick.

True.

@Icouldjustkissyou

So running across the same person who is a $&*^ because you need to farm the same boss more than once has never happened to you?

I've ran pugs with bosses and gotten the same person 5 groups in a row.

What holds from using Dota2 mechanism, where abusing person drops it's priority for matchmaking with you?

Still, troll will need to get a majority. He will not get it if people will not be forced to sit with him. Visit school, S#&$ty animal shelter or kindergarten, you'll get it.

@Izeck

The point being that you have to KICK him every time he joins the mission, or re-joins if he happens to be in your clan.

A better solution is a blacklist.  Play with him once and then never again.  Much better than an abuseable kick system.

God forbid that, it would be abusive to players, instead lets have a kick system to feed the trolls, and ignore any kind of contrary arguments. /sarcasm

Blacklist is, and will always be, the best solution. Yet we have here another lets kick em thread.

How can you exploit a vote to kick, you need the majority for it to pass.

In Vindictus if someone called for a kick in one of the raids it was common place for people not even to read the reason for the vote call and just hit kick to get rid of the pop-up. People also just kept kicking for the smaller mission over and over for no apparent reason(they didn't select private invite only).

I would be fine if it allowed to kick AFK people and I would be fine with a black-list type thing so people couldn't join future run.

i agree with most people here. a vote to kick/kick is just feeding trolls. and if you didn't understand the first time (not saying your stupid or anything but sometimes things must be said many times before) if you do not host and they kick you you WILL lose all items you got in there. just meet people who you think would share a mindset like you or play alone or get some friends to play with you. point being: a vote to kick/kick will only increase trolling not reduce it and Blacklist will always prevail

Edited by Ceilous

I can already see how this would be abused tremendously, specially by the OP.  Explain to me why if this person is such a pain in the behind to everyone in the group... should get removed from the game and get to KEEP all loot? 

get removed from the game and get to KEEP all loot

get to KEEP all loot

KEEP all loot

Really?  REALLY?????

Yeah... no