Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible [SPOILERS], Lunar Inconsistencies

--RV--Meta

Image result for warframe plains of eidolon moon

Lua as seen from Plains.

Image result for warframe moon

Lua as seen from space.

Is there a reason for this inconsistency?

In the lore, everyone believes that the Moon was

completely obliterated to the extent that there was nothing left AT ALL during the war against the Sentients

I know that others have already brought up that it's strange that early players who haven't completed TSD can see ANYTHING in the night sky of the Plains, other than shwanky stars and meteors, but I'm more focused on why there's any debris in orbit left, when the word before was that it was just completely gone without a trace

which makes sense in TSD because Lotus shoved it into her Void pocket, so it just wouldn't be there

Only thing I can come up with other than another DE "whoops™" is that maybe Lotus projected a giant hologram of a broken up Moon in orbit...but why bother? If it's not supposed to be there at all, why expend any additional energy on faking it? She'd have to fake everything about those remnants, down to the mass, density, specific reflectivity, and gravity of them in order to fool the sensors of the Grineer, the Corpus, and even the Tenno. I don't really see that as being a meaningful expenditure of her resources if she could (and did) get away with what she was doing in the lore before Plains came out.

Yes, the intended thing is the Earth's Skybox shows up as in the first pic, and once you complete The Second Dream, you can see it with Lua (I guess depending on host). In fact someone noticed it and DE added it around 2015-early2016 if I am not mistaken.

The problem is... It stopped working at some point, because I haven't been able to see it as of late D:

Edited by NightmareT12

I was commenting more on the new player experience, but you're also correct--people who HAVE completed TSD should have "proper Moon" in Plains Sky...but that might be tricky for them to program or something, since in pub sessions you could have a host who's done TSD and then a bunch of folks new to the game who haven't. They'd have to have the skybox render differently for each client as well as the host. Probably not a simple task to do that and still have everyone synchronized everywhere they should be.

Just to be clear: I'm suggesting that there shouldn't be ANY MOON AT ALL (not even a busted one) until you clear TSD, according to Lore up to Plains was released.

Maybe DE will retcon it? I wouldn't mind if they do, because I personally love the shattered Moon look, but inconsistencies irk me sometimes, so I'd like to see it addressed in some way or another...whenever DE can get around to it--I know they're busy busy bees.

Edited by Meta_Nexus
Specify further

42 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

I was commenting more on the new player experience, but you're also correct--people who HAVE completed TSD should have "proper Moon" in Plains Sky...but that might be tricky for them to program or something, since in pub sessions you could have a host who's done TSD and then a bunch of folks new to the game who haven't. They'd have to have the skybox render differently for each client as well as the host. Probably not a simple task to do that and still have everyone synchronized everywhere they should be.

Just to be clear: I'm suggesting that there shouldn't be ANY MOON AT ALL (not even a busted one) until you clear TSD, according to Lore up to Plains was released.

Maybe DE will retcon it? I wouldn't mind if they do, because I personally love the shattered Moon look, but inconsistencies irk me sometimes, so I'd like to see it addressed in some way or another...whenever DE can get around to it--I know they're busy busy bees.

Ah! Well in that case, the busted Moon is intended. It's supposed to evoke the feeling to new players of "wait, what happened here!?" and then coming full circle in The Second Dream. It was one thing a very attentive (possible false friend here) Tenno noticed before U18, which awarded him a permanent Forum title courtesy of [DE]Adam (who left some time ago) :)

EDIT: Can't find the Forums one for reasons, but here's a reddit post from before U18's launch:

The destroyed moon parts are intended to be there.

Edited by NightmareT12

~I'll assume that anyone who didn't want to be potentially spoiled on plot points for TSD hasn't read this far.~

Hm...well even if it was there before, my points still stand. Why is it there at all, when really it's not? Was Lotus expending a vast amount of resources for ??-thousand years to keep up the illusion of a busted apart Moon in orbit in addition to keeping the real Moon hidden in her Void pocket? Why bother, since she could get away with just having the Moon be completely gone without a trace the entire time (as characters in-game state it is, particularly a very surprised Alad V), and not have to use any additional energy/effort?

Again, it looks great, and I love it, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for Lotus to go through that much extra effort, assuming it is/was her doing it. Was it ever stated anywhere by the devs what the reason/purpose for it was, other than that it looks cool?