Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes To Missions Sound Awesome, But....

Xylia

......they will ultimately be meaningless unless you also buff the mission REWARDS too.

Why are Sabotage, Spy, and Raid so low on the list of missions that people do?

Because they reward almost nothing, obviously.

The only mission type that gives you any sort of reward, is Defense and sometimes Mobile Defense (for farming mobs).

If the new overhauled missions do not reward as well as Defense, you're going to see people..... yup...... still spamming Defense.

Defense either needs nerfed, or the new missions need buffed, or both. Otherwise, this will still be DefenseFrame.

Make Spy doubling resource drop on one of the nodes of the planet, on which the Spy mission was done
Make Raid give you random rare mod
Make Capture increasing chance of Stalker appearing
Make Rescue give you a chance of getting random warframe part blueprint

The rewards system for defense missions is op, if you don't like your reward just do another 5 waves and you will be offered another reward, it could be better or worse than the previous reward offered, keep doing this until you get something you like, but other missions don't even have a reward system, its not the mission modes that have to be nerfed but the reward system

The rewards system for defense missions is op, if you don't like your reward just do another 5 waves and you will be offered another reward, it could be better or worse than the previous reward offered, keep doing this until you get something you like, but other missions don't even have a reward system, its not the mission modes that have to be nerfed but the reward system

Its not that defense is OP, its that the "regular" missions are UP. That was the point. Saying the defense rewards are OP implies that to fix everything we should nerf defense rewards, which is an awful idea.

Raid/Capture both gave a reward upon completion and are the only missions aside from defense that do so. I don't really understand why the end mission rewards haven't been better, but this goes hand in hand with the fact that farming Mercury to get Ferrite is still the best way to do it because the quantities are the same as higher level.

Raid/Capture both gave a reward upon completion and are the only missions aside from defense that do so. I don't really understand why the end mission rewards haven't been better, but this goes hand in hand with the fact that farming Mercury to get Ferrite is still the best way to do it because the quantities are the same as higher level.

The rewards are good at Mercury/Venus levels... but when you go to Jupiter, Saturn, Europa... Eris... getting Quickdraw from a Raid or Capture seems kinda "meh". Or worse, a Large Health Restore. oooo. 100 health. That's what, 2 shots from a mob on Eris?

I completely agree, I like the idea of a new mission but a) Raids are my favourite mission and it'll hurt to see them go and b) it misses the reason that most people don't run those missions. Please DE, just add in tiered rewards for all missions instead of just defense and see how it goes.

......they will ultimately be meaningless unless you also buff the mission REWARDS too.

Why are Sabotage, Spy, and Raid so low on the list of missions that people do?

Because they reward almost nothing, obviously.

The only mission type that gives you any sort of reward, is Defense and sometimes Mobile Defense (for farming mobs).

If the new overhauled missions do not reward as well as Defense, you're going to see people..... yup...... still spamming Defense.

Defense either needs nerfed, or the new missions need buffed, or both. Otherwise, this will still be DefenseFrame.

Incorrect.

Raids were the highest source of material drops in the game, because they would also drop from the -> endless <- waves of enemies themselves.

True to the communities' form, the people screaming the loudest don't necessarily understand what they're talking about.

I've never had to bother getting stuff from the market, because I used raids and sabotage to pick up rare materials on a regular basis.

Now those avenues are gone, and I'm sure DE is only happy to oblige because now people are going to likely be further incentivized to hit the market for stuff they can no longer get easily. Anyone using Boss runs or Defense for rare mats was doing it in the most inefficient  and pants-on-head way possible, and now they've also removed the most reliable and consistent source of rare mats.

Good job.

Edited by -Kittens-

Good point, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Personally, I am tired on doing only Defense over and over, but that's the only type of mission that really has people doing them. This and Boss fights.

So no, the problem is not Raid mission, the problem is Defesnse missions!

Also, I believe that removing options is always a bad idea.

Game developers should always strive to add more options and not to remove features.

I am glad to hear about new mission types, but do not remove existing ones, they are fine.

You know, the old Raid or the new one?

Why not both?!

MOAR options!

Incorrect.

Raids were the highest source of material drops in the game, because they would also drop from the -> endless <- waves of enemies themselves.

True to the communities' form, the people screaming the loudest don't necessarily understand what they're talking about.

I've never had to bother getting stuff from the market, because I used raids and sabotage to pick up rare materials on a regular basis.

Now those avenues are gone, and I'm sure DE is only happy to oblige because now people are going to likely be further incentivized to hit the market for stuff they can no longer get easily. Anyone using Boss runs or Defense for rare mats was doing it in the most inefficient  and pants-on-head way possible, and now they've also removed the most reliable and consistent source of rare mats.

Good job.

You can do this in Sabotage and Spy too, not just Raid. Oh, and Capture.

All of these had "Endless" (as long as you moved between rooms) mobs.

However... if you're using Raid or the other missions to farm materials, you're doing it wrong.

What you REALLY want is Mobile Defense.

Why?

Because Mobs Per Hour are FAR, FAR higher than Raid ever was. Not Endless, but yet Far Higher. Basically, you'd go in, do the mission, go out and repeat. Sure you could hang in a Raid mission for infinity and get an infinite number of resources, but what happens if you have a disconnect, or a power outage, or what-not midway through the mission? Then you lose everything. Not to mention, mobs per hour are far lower. Doing 1 hour of Mobile Defense vs farming a Raid for an hour, will yield a lot more mods and resources.

Why Mobile Defense and not Defense for Mod/Resource farming? Well, that annoying "WAVE 5! EXIT OR NO?" prompt that pops up while you're scrambling to get things that dropped, for one. And two, once the timer expires and you kill the mobs pouring in, you get as much time as you want/need to collect everything that dropped whereas you only get 10 seconds in Defense to pick stuff up.

Edited by Xylia