Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yes, One More "fix Nightmare Mode" Thread.

Alencar

We all know it's absurd atm. It's all about rush and pray that you don't die before reaching the extraction.

It was promised to be a challenge, but getting killed in 1 second with a frost using vitality, redirection and steel fiber in a low leveled mission is more to a punishment. I agree it was too easy before, but this is just too much. And about the no-minimap mode... Well, even the more experienced players can't go through it simply because the maps are randomly generated, and since nightmare mode is the only source to find the new mods, it should be fixed as soon as possible.

I know I didn't say anything new, but I can't stand it anymore.

Edited by Alencar

Personally I like a challenge. I'd rather get lost and frustrated then come out on top than give up. They should at least make the more difficult nightmare modes more worth the effort like better mods. Please no more wildfire.

Besides if you play enough you will know which way to go.

They can fix it alittle but like I said, a challenge is a challenge

Edited by Anatolius

Personally I like a challenge. I'd rather get lost and frustrated then come out on top than give up. They should at least make the more difficult nightmare modes more worth the effort like better mods. Please no more wildfire.

I agree, they just need to fix a few kinks.

ANd the problem is mostly the rewards, not the challenge. And no map is stupid, just because it removes a large portion of your hud

@Dipstick

I would be fine with no map...as long as I could see an objective counter of some sort or something.

In a defense mission you cant tell the pods health OR the wave number you are on or what you have to reach.

In a spy or sabotage mission you dont know how many datamasses/targets there are.

If they would tell as at least that much than the no map would be more bearable than it currently is.

I've been playing Warfarme since closed beta and if you played it enough you should know that the maps change a lot from mission to mission, sometimes you have to go through the air ducts, sometimes the doors you usually pass are locked, etc. So, missions without minimap are incredibe time wasters.

And I love a good challenge, but all the effort put in leveling mods to make your warframe more powerful are useless when you get easily killed by everything. If mission in high leveled planets were like this it'd be acceptable, but receiving massive damage from lvl 8-11 enemies is just ridiculous, even for a nightmare mode.

It's not a challenge, simply a waste of time and energy.

They're removing no mini map mode.

Though I would like to add, I love nightmare mode as it is now, sure it's still not the greatest and could still use a little tweaks but I love the challenge. If you're dying in low level nightmare then you're playing it wrong. I don't even get 1 shotted and if I feel like rushing the entire thing I just put on Rhino and at the end of each one I'll end up with 0% damage taken because I'd be too quick for them to break the Iron Skin.

They're removing no mini map mode.

Though I would like to add, I love nightmare mode as it is now, sure it's still not the greatest and could still use a little tweaks but I love the challenge. If you're dying in low level nightmare then you're playing it wrong. I don't even get 1 shotted and if I feel like rushing the entire thing I just put on Rhino and at the end of each one I'll end up with 0% damage taken because I'd be too quick for them to break the Iron Skin.

Glad to hear that.

And the dmg taken varies from mission to mission, It's simply annoying entering a mission with no shield regen, vampire mode and energy constantly dropping. And not everyone is a big fan of Rhino, just saying.

I have very few problems with the current nightmare mode.

Timed + no map is a real pain, but virtually every other combination is reliably completeable.

So what if you have no indicator for the pod's health. Don't let anything touch the pod, or look directly at the pod, and you don't need one.

No map, in an of itself, is not really punishing, you simply need to be able to explore and remember.

Glad to hear that.

And the dmg taken varies from mission to mission, It's simply annoying entering a mission with no shield regen, vampire mode and energy constantly dropping. And not everyone is a big fan of Rhino, just saying.

Vampire mode negates most of the challange from no sheilds because you can often heal from killing faster than you take damage.

No sheild, energy drain, plus timed, against higher rank foes, is pretty brutal though.

Edited by Saenol

And I love a good challenge, but all the effort put in leveling mods to make your warframe more powerful are useless when you get easily killed by everything. If mission in high leveled planets were like this it'd be acceptable, but receiving massive damage from lvl 8-11 enemies is just ridiculous, even for a nightmare mode.

It's not a challenge, simply a waste of time and energy.

But if you can easily just kill everything and never get lost or caught then it wouldn't be a challenge. Just slowly losing health and that is pushing it when you get time and health back from killing stuff

Maybe if there were options to pick the harder ones then yes and thus you would be better rewarded as such. Maybe they will fix it. Besides its not all about leveling up your warframe though that is a large part of it.

Ps they should take into consideration aura. Energy siphon can slow if not negate the effects of energy drain

Edited by Anatolius

I don't have a problem with high leveld missions being challenging, if that's what you're thinking. I just think that nightmare mode should offer an adequate challenge based on it's mission's level.

Vampire mode negates most of the challange from no sheilds because you can often heal from killing faster than you take damage.

Not when you're nearly dead and can't find any enemies.

Besides its not all about leveling up your warframe though that is a large part of it.

I'm not saying that an unskilled player should succeed in n. mode if he had the right mods, but the incentive to make your warframe stronger is nearly destroyed when you're turned to paper despite your build.

PS: I do agree that we should have a challenging mode as nightmare, even harder if you will, but with the proper level-based challenge and more encouraging rewards.

Edited by Alencar