The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reason I Almost Never Play Warframe Anymore.

Licter

And yes, they REALLY need to tone down the mob spawns.

Seriously.

How are we supposed to NOT speedrun when mobs are spawning faster than we can kill the stupid things once we get to level 20+?

Why even fight the crap at all? I end up just running away.

I remember taking my Saryn and Hikou to that Orokin Catalyst alert after the Livestream.

Venus.

Lv18.

I blew through ALL of my Hikou actually trying to fight stuff for XP and crap was spawning faster than I could kill it which forced me to pull out my Rank30 Sobek.

Let's recap that.

Armor Piercing weapon, that does 25 unmodded damage. I had a rank 1 Hornet Strike on it and I think a rank0 AP mod because I didn't really have much else to stick on it at the time.

On a Level 18 Corpus mission. In some rooms I was finding THREE Techs. In the same room.

And I had the game set to SOLO.

That was about the time I said "f--- this crap." and just started running past everything about the time I was almost out of ammo for the Hikou. That was right after I captured the target and was heading for the exit anyways. I wound up running through the next 4 rooms and then went straight for the exit because honestly, I'm getting tired of how much crap we have to kill each room in anything that's not Exterminate. We don't even get time to look for dropped items (esp when mods drop out of bounds and teleport back into the room in some random place). By the time I go to look for the mod, yay, another 10 mobs walk in and are peppering me with ridiculous amounts of pew-pew.

Try to duck behind a crate, something spawns behind me and I start getting hit in the back, Run over to another crate, oh what's that? There's 2 mobs coming in from THAT way too.

You literally CANNOT STOP AT ALL when doing anything other than Exterminate and it gets old, fast.

We can't explore anymore, we can't look for secret rooms when we're constantly being shot at. Ducking into loot rooms doesn't work; they'll just spawn right outside the door and run in and start shooting you again. It is just a ridiculous endless respawn fest and it just isn't fun anymore.

Edited by Xylia

First off if you solo the mission the spawn rate is decreased.  But maybe this isn't enough.  I really want them to focus on providing a rewarding co-op experience, but I understand why people may want to solo or duo.  But if you are having trouble with PUGs than just join a clan or develop a decent friends list, this usually will solve that problem. 

Second, there are some good points in that the enemy's spawn rates and what enemies spawn does need to be reworked.  I really would love to see the number of enemies toned down, but have the enemies AI improved and the difficulty of each unit slightly increased to compensate for the lower spawn numbers.  In other words I would like the difficulty remain but have the number of units reduced.  There may even be a side effect of needing less bandwidth to host if less unit information has to be sent to each client. 

DE has relied to mush on numbers to provide difficulty/challenge rather than smart AI and complex enemies.  Fewer numbers but more complex/intelligent enemies could make smaller teams or soloing more viable without ruining the challenge of the game. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

First off if you solo the mission the spawn rate is decreased.  But maybe this isn't enough.  I really want them to focus on providing a rewarding co-op experience, but I understand why people may want to solo or duo.  But if you are having trouble with PUGs than just join a clan or develop a decent friends list, this usually will solve that problem. 

Second, there are some good points in that the enemy's spawn rates and what spawns does need to be reworked.  I really would love to see the number of enemies toned down, but have the enemies AI improved and the difficulty of each unit slightly increased to compensate for the lower spawn numbers.  In other words I would like the difficulty remain but have the number of units reduced.  There may even be a side effect of needing less bandwidth to host if less unit information has to be sent to each client. 

DE has relied to mush on numbers to provide difficulty/challenge rather than smart AI and complex enemies.  Fewer numbers but more complex/intelligent enemies could make smaller teams or soloing more viable without ruining the challenge of the game. 

I don't like being forced into Multiplayer 100% of my in-game time.

"LOL ITS A CO OP GAME HAHAHA LOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL" is all you ever hear out of the "Elitist Crowd" who thinks everybody has a Clan of 1000+ people waiting at their beck-and-call.

Some of us don't have those, and some of us ENJOY the solo game.

So.....

SOLO should equal just that: SOLO.

Allow the "SOLO" option to actually give you a game play experience that is fair for 1 singular Tenno in a mission. We shouldn't be fighting numbers of mobs appropriate for 4 Tenno when we're only just 1 in a mission. SOLO should *greatly* reduce mobs.

And it seems like this just started happening in U9 -- I don't remember having anywhere near this many "ridiculous" missions in U8.

I don't like being forced into Multiplayer 100% of my in-game time.

"LOL ITS A CO OP GAME HAHAHA LOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL" is all you ever hear out of the "Elitist Crowd" who thinks everybody has a Clan of 1000+ people waiting at their beck-and-call.

Some of us don't have those, and some of us ENJOY the solo game.

So.....

SOLO should equal just that: SOLO.

Allow the "SOLO" option to actually give you a game play experience that is fair for 1 singular Tenno in a mission. We shouldn't be fighting numbers of mobs appropriate for 4 Tenno when we're only just 1 in a mission. SOLO should *greatly* reduce mobs.

And it seems like this just started happening in U9 -- I don't remember having anywhere near this many "ridiculous" missions in U8.

Did you even read my post?  I never said anything about people having to play in groups, in fact I was talking about how they could make soloing or duoing more viable. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre