Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Digital Extremes Developed Brink 2?

Aspari

They seem to have a nice concept of parkour and they have a good understanding of shooting mechanics. If DE had a much bigger staff I bet they could make Brink 2 and make it a very successful game. What do you think?

Eh, brink was a 6/10 if you're generous, the guns all felt the exact same (all the rifles were the same, all the smgs were the same, etc), even more so than CoD imo, the classes were VERY restrictive, because of the limited points, and inability to respec easily. Overall, it'd be hard to do brink worse if anyone were to make brink 2.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up for it, but I did like brink, the story was interesting, both sides were both good and bad at the same time. If they were to make Brink 2, they'd need to work on the guns feeling more unique, (imo) more balance to the missions, or atleast better A.I. for solo, and more attachments/better multiplayer

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I played Brink and liked it. Great concept, with a nice little bit of story.

Apart from the poor optimization, I think the game is pretty great. Sadly, it's dead now.

But I doubt DE would work on Brink 2, since its predecessor never lived enough to get some love.

Nah, Brink was awful. It should be forgotten.

Brink on the consoles was awful. I have it on PC and it works great, but like others have said the in-game content was restrictive and didn't feel all that awesome.

I loved Brink but, I understand why people don't like it.

I got the last achievement and uninstalled the game, don't ever plan to play it again, if it goes on a really good sale on Steam and you have the money for it sitting around, and you're wondering how to waste it, sure, I'd suggest trying it out.

It could have been a lot better, and I think a developer that cares about their player base would have even made the first one more replayable.

I could see brink 2 being extremely successful.

Take a look at Lost Planet 1, It was pretty bad. The combat wasn't very enjoyable, the story seemed to be utterly ridiculous, and you were fighting tons of different factions with no backup of your own.

Now take a look at Lost Planet 2: It was wonderful; it had a fantastic co-op element, Absolutely wonderful boss fights, the gunplay was solid, the mechplay was strong, and You had plenty of mobility.

I saw lost planet 2 and originally said "Oh my god this is going to be horrible." I ended up downloading and trying out the demo and I absolutely fell in love with it.

the same thing could EASILY happen with Brink 2

I think Parkour in Warframe works so much better, is more functional and it's not restircted to "light body types".

I like the movement system of Brink back then and the segmented and sequential missions. Buts guns felt the same with no recoil and the maps were very limited. Plus support was the exact opposite of Warframe...very little very infrequently... 

That said... I could see Digital E. nailing Brink 2 better than Splash Damage can. In fact nothing SP is doing looks interesting. Dirty Bomb looks like Brink with no parkour. They are also doing the multiplayer component of the Arkham/Batman game where it's 3vs3vs2(batman and robin) interesting and I like the Batman games but...

I could see brink 2 being extremely successful.

Take a look at Lost Planet 1, It was pretty bad. The combat wasn't very enjoyable, the story seemed to be utterly ridiculous, and you were fighting tons of different factions with no backup of your own.

Now take a look at Lost Planet 2: It was wonderful; it had a fantastic co-op element, Absolutely wonderful boss fights, the gunplay was solid, the mechplay was strong, and You had plenty of mobility.

I saw lost planet 2 and originally said "Oh my god this is going to be horrible." I ended up downloading and trying out the demo and I absolutely fell in love with it.

Eh, there is some speculation whether LP2 is better than LP1 in some aspects, most notably being the ungodly merciless AI rampage should you choose to Hard/Extreme mode alone.

Without the T-ENG conservation perk/ability/whatever, your T-ENG gauge drops like a garden hose nozzle on supersoaker setting (double if you use Energy weapons).

But yeah I do agree, it WAS better, so maybe there could be some hope for Brink 2, that is if they put more creativeness into every aspect of the game. For me, it just seemed to lack at all parts of the game, it wasn't bad, but nothing extraordinary or unique besides the parkour system (which too was pretty much hampered by the 'body types'). Of course, it kinda made all the more sense once you put all the pieces together, but many peeps were still ragefacing over these things.

Yep :S