Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Guns not doing as much as everyone elses guns even with the same builds

(PSN)SweetRollsBeGone

Now I am playing high level content (level 40-100) I have noticed that I seem to do less damage than multiple friends who have exactly the same or WORSE weapon builds than I do. Using a Vectis Prime my friend has it set up so he gets orange crits more often than not. I NEVER get orange crits with it, even though we have exactly the same setup, the only difference being my Vectis riven has a higher damage buff than his. Where my friend one hit kills a level 40 enemy to the chest, my Vectis takes 2 to kill the same enemy. It isn't just the Vectis, most weapons where I have exactly the same as or better mods do not kill as well due to the crit. It feels like there is something seriously wrong with my Account. My friends and I entered the similcrum to test this, and found that even with exactly the same mods on my Vectis (plus the additional damage buff of my riven), my base damage was obviously higher, but for some reason I only hit yellows. I never once hit an orange or red crit, whereas my friends were hitting constant oranges and occasional reds.

I have to ask a stupid question - Are you sure you have entirely identical setups, down to the same upgrades on the same mods?  In this particular case, have you compared the Critical chance stat of your respective Vectis setups to see if they're identical AND >100%? 

The reason I ask this is that in order to hit Orange crits you need to have a critical chance greater than 100% (up to 100%, you'll only ever see normal yellow crits), and if there's a subtle difference in the card setup or mod level that applies bonuses to this stat could produce the difference you're seeing.

19 hours ago, (PS4)SweetRollsBeGone said:

We all have smeeta Kavats, but so do I, and again, we have the same mods on them too. But when we were testing it we took them off to make it controlled. And yes, the only difference is my crit chance is higher... 112.6% vs his 110.2%.

So, when you removed the smeetas, they were still getting orange and red crits and you weren't getting anything but yellow?  Is that accurate?

Have you always been the host or client during these tests?

What frames and what mods are on the frames? The Vigilante mod set has a chance to boost crits to the next tier (yellow becomes orange for example), so 2 identically modded weapons won't function the exact same if one frame is using a Vigilante mods while the other isnt.

Edited by giantconch