Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the likely wait time for an email change?

ParryForte

Question

Hey friends.

I logged a ticket 26 November for an email address change for my account.

I've responded to the robot with the answers to the relevant security/confirmation questions 27 November. 

My account email is still my old one. I see the robot asks not to open new tickets, fine, but emailing the system doesn't seem to do anything.

So, the question for anyone who's had an email address change with their account: about how long does this process take?

Bonus question: is there a way to speed up the process? My current email address will die shortly :)

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, ParryForte said:

Bonus question: is there a way to speed up the process? My current email address will die shortly :)

You can bump your ticket by replying to it. But it may or may not speed up the process.

I think the normal wait time is around 2 - 4 weeks for replies. But they are much busier now than previously.

Hi, I hope I'm not digging up an "old" thread, but this was the most recent one I found with the same issues I'm having at the moment. I'm kind of in the same boat. Moving, tomorrow actually, and won't have access to the email my account is linked to within a reasonably short time frame (I know. My bad for not just using gmail or some equivalent when first setting up my account years ago).

I filed a ticket on the 26th of March, have had the same automated email with questions (which I answered), as well as two automated emails apologizing for the wait time, but no other response. So, cutting right to the point, how long before you got a reply/had the issue resolved, if you don't mind me asking?

I guess I wasn't expecting it to be a long response time, given that we don't have the option to change email ourselves. Again, my bad, I suppose; I should've checked beforehand and not assumed a week or two would be adequate advance notice.