Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Suggestion On How To Reduce Xp Leeching.

mindlessframe

The Problem:

Reason why people leech XP is because when you leech,  your XP is divided equally to all 4 slots, warframe,Primary,Secondary,melee.

So if you leeched 100k XP from a game, all your weapons and warframe would gain 25k XP.

Weapons require a lot of Polarity slots to make it strong as possible, due to not having an aura slot that does not boost capacity so people are more concerned with weapon XP then Warframe XP. And leeching is the most effective way to do that.

If you gained 100k XP by killing things your self using all weapons equally you would only gain 16.6k XP for each weapon and 50k for your warframe.

So now you see why people leech for XP. Much better weapon XP for not having to do anything but afk while some one kills stuff.

Solutions:

-Since people are more concerned with weapon XP, you could make leeching give 50% XP to warframe and rest to weapons. So 100k XP would =50k warframe XP and 16.6k for each weapon.

-That or have it so you only leech 70%(or lower?) of the total XP. Making a 100k leech only give 17.5k XP to each weapon and frame, instead of the now 25k. Which ever one you think is best.

-On top of that change how XP is gained for killing with a specific weapon. To promote more weapon use to level up a weapon instead of leeching. 

Make it so when you kill an enemy you gain 50% XP to warframe and weapon as you do now, but gain a 50% bonus XP towards the weapon used.

Example: kill a 100xp enemy with primary, your frame would get 50XP your weapon would then gain 75XP.

So 100k XP gained using each weapon would give 50k XP to warframe and 25k to each weapon. So pretty much the same XP you would gain by leeching how it is now, but more warframe XP.

(note 100k xp gained by using weapons only in one mission is very hard and possibly not possible)

-You could make it so 25% XP goes toward Warframe and 75% toward weapon.  Only down side is it be hard to level a warframe with no good damage abilites like loki or trinity and will have to rely on team leeching.

Note: I do not really hate it how it is now, as it just makes it more easy to level stuff up since I kind of lazy, but I thought I would suggest an idea that would encourage more play then leeching to add more fun factor to game.

If we had to level weapons by using them, people wouldn't even bother with some of them. The point is that you're not reset to mercury level content as soon as you swap out your gear. People want to use the weapons they enjoy, but they also want mastery. I see no sense in curtailing shared XP.

why would you hinder xp sharing? to make people compete in the squad for the kills? that's really really a dumb idea... it would only poison gameplay further

I don't mind people just being there.... in worst case scenario, i just don't revive them when they  die far or simply leave the game.... i can also just as well make friends/clan squads and be done with that..... same options as you have....

why would you hinder xp sharing? to make people compete in the squad for the kills? that's really really a dumb idea... it would only poison gameplay further

I don't mind people just being there.... in worst case scenario, i just don't revive them when they  die far or simply leave the game.... i can also just as well make friends/clan squads and be done with that..... same options as you have....

I don't think you get it, if you saying my idea encourages people to start killing again then its a success, those who want to leech and do nothing will still like this idea, as my idea still gives you XP for weapons, just now you gain less. So I do not see any real competition. Only difference is you work harder you get little more XP, you don't do work you get little less. 

I don't think you get it, if you saying my idea encourages people to start killing again then its a success, those who want to leech and do nothing will still like this idea, as my idea still gives you XP for weapons, just now you gain less. So I do not see any real competition. Only difference is you work harder you get little more XP, you don't do work you get little less. 

That's a pretty naive and narrow point of view my friend.

The first flaw in your logic, is that there's no real problem.... so a fix/solution for something it isn't broken...... yeah, you know the saying =3

And while for some specific cases it won't matter.... for public games it will turn into a battlefield for Tennos fighting to get the kills, and the lower lvl Tennos getting screwed by the others. Also effectively hindering the least useful weapons, since they already are a pain to lvl up since it's harder to kill using them. And you wanna punish that with even more grinding and making sure they get penalized for playing in squads?

I can't find not even 1 good reason for agreeing to that.

The Problem:

Reason why people leech XP is because when you leech,  your XP is divided equally to all 4 slots, warframe,Primary,Secondary,melee.

So if you leeched 100k XP from a game, all your weapons and warframe would gain 25k XP.

Weapons require a lot of Polarity slots to make it strong as possible, due to not having an aura slot that does not boost capacity so people are more concerned with weapon XP then Warframe XP. And leeching is the most effective way to do that.

If you gained 100k XP by killing things your self using all weapons equally you would only gain 16.6k XP for each weapon and 50k for your warframe.

So now you see why people leech for XP. Much better weapon XP for not having to do anything but afk while some one kills stuff.

Solutions:

-Since people are more concerned with weapon XP, you could make leeching give 50% XP to warframe and rest to weapons. So 100k XP would =50k warframe XP and 16.6k for each weapon.

-That or have it so you only leech 70%(or lower?) of the total XP. Making a 100k leech only give 17.5k XP to each weapon and frame, instead of the now 25k. Which ever one you think is best.

-On top of that change how XP is gained for killing with a specific weapon. To promote more weapon use to level up a weapon instead of leeching. 

Make it so when you kill an enemy you gain 50% XP to warframe and weapon as you do now, but gain a 50% bonus XP towards the weapon used.

Example: kill a 100xp enemy with primary, your frame would get 50XP your weapon would then gain 75XP.

So 100k XP gained using each weapon would give 50k XP to warframe and 25k to each weapon. So pretty much the same XP you would gain by leeching how it is now, but more warframe XP.

(note 100k xp gained by using weapons only in one mission is very hard and possibly not possible)

-You could make it so 25% XP goes toward Warframe and 75% toward weapon.  Only down side is it be hard to level a warframe with no good damage abilites like loki or trinity and will have to rely on team leeching.

Note: I do not really hate it how it is now, as it just makes it more easy to level stuff up since I kind of lazy, but I thought I would suggest an idea that would encourage more play then leeching to add more fun factor to game.

Stop spreading bullS#&$.

You get  the same kind of xp for leeching as for what is enemy killed with. If it was killed with primary - you get primary exp, if with pistol - you get pistol exp.

Its why I hate nova/saryn/banshe/excal/rhino/frost and other aoe frame users when they kill lots of enemies with their aoe abilities, when I need  weapon xp, not suit xp.

So your claim is wrong.

People leech, not because they get equaly devided exp for all they have to level, but because they need a quick start on weapons/warframes, or just trying to level something that is very hard to level on its own(banshe warframe, gorgon, lots of sword melee weapons and so on)

Edited by Unibot

Can't say I've ever seen a problem with exp leeching myself. However, any method that 'encourages people to start killing again' would invariably result in competing for kills and even more complaints about "[Warframe] ability is too power".

When you decide to change something about a core system, there are far-reaching consequences that only some seem to be aware of.

@Unibot

Here is how Affinity sharing works:

Player 1 kills a target with their rifle that grants 120 Affinity. The following occurs:

Players 1-4 gain all 120 Affinity to their Warframe.

Player 1 gets 120 Affinity to their rifle only. (Nothing is granted to Player 1's pistol or melee for that kill.)

Players 2-4 gain 40 Affinity to each weapon (3 weapons divided by 120 Affinity = 40 Affinity each).

This occurs for each kill in the game. So if Player 3 gets a pistol kill, he gains all the Affinity for his pistol (and Warframe), but Players 1, 2, & 4 get split Affinity for all of their weapons (but still max for their Warframes).

I've actually tested and verified this.

This is why if you play in a group with random players and everyone uses *only* their rifle they'll still get pistol and melee XP from the other peoples kills, just not their own.

Just wanted to correct your assumption on how the affinity system works.

@OP:

To use your numbers:

The party members get 100K affinity to their warframe and 33.3K to each of their weapons if they did *no* killing at all in a group. The same would happen if they divided the kills amongst all of their weapons evenly.

Now to actually answer your idea:

It would be detrimental to team play. Why? if you dont kill things you get less xp than the person who did kill things. Think of how much hate Nova would earn with M-Prime? Or any other frame with a suitably large ultimate...such as Saryn.

This would cause people to actually be able to steal XP by killing everything before anyone else could, and they would get a benefit from it, more xp for them, less for everyone else.

And it would punish weapons that are weaker because now they are getting even less xp out of everything.

In all your proposal hurts a lot of things.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Unibot

Player 1 kills a target with their rifle that grants 120 Affinity. The following occurs:

Player 1 gets 120 Affinity to their rifle only. (Nothing is granted to Player 1's pistol or melee for that kill.)

Players 2-4 gain 40 Affinity to each weapon (3 weapons divided by 120 Affinity = 40 Affinity each).

This occurs for each kill in the game. So if Player 3 gets a pistol kill, he gains all the Affinity for his pistol (and Warframe), but Players 1, 2, & 4 get split Affinity for all of their weapons (but still max for their Warframes).

This is why if you play in a group with random players and everyone uses *only* their rifle they'll still get pistol and melee XP from the other peoples kills, just not their own.

@OP:

To use your numbers:

The party members get 100K affinity to their warframe and 33.3K to each of their weapons if they did *no* killing at all in a group. The same would happen if they divided the kills amongst all of their weapons evenly.

It would be detrimental to team play. Why? if you dont kill things you get less xp than the person who did kill things. Think of how much hate Nova would earn with M-Prime? Or any other frame with a suitably large ultimate...such as Saryn.

This would cause people to actually be able to steal XP by killing everything before anyone else could, and they would get a benefit from it, more xp for them, less for everyone else.

And it would punish weapons that are weaker because now they are getting even less xp out of everything.

But killing things with abilites like nova ult = 100% XP toward warframe, so people leeching get weapon XP nova only gets Warframe XP.. I did not change anything on how XP works for ability kills. I can confirm this as I did a mission with rhino using Abilities only and got no XP for weapons just warframe XP.

@Unibot

@OP:

To use your numbers:

I got different experience, so unless you get some proof...

Edited by Unibot

Stop spreading bullS#&$.

You get  the same kind of xp for leeching as for what is enemy killed with. If it was killed with primary - you get primary exp, if with pistol - you get pistol exp.

Its why I hate nova/saryn/banshe/excal/rhino/frost and other aoe frame users when they kill lots of enemies with their aoe abilities, when I need  weapon xp, not suit xp.

So your claim is wrong.

People leech, not because they get equaly devided exp for all they have to level, but because they need a quick start on weapons/warframes, or just trying to level something that is very hard to level on its own(banshe warframe, gorgon, lots of sword melee weapons and so on)

Dude... if you don't know how the system works.... refrain from talking..... even more from insulting and going all aggro scrub.

No matter what others kill, you get even xp.... period....

If you can't understand that, go test it.... be idle in a game and check your xp

@Unibot

I have tested it before on M-Prime. All that's required to test it is to go through M-Prime and have your friend kill with *only* his rifle while you dont kill with anything. You'll see that you get full warframe XP + XP for everything else even though he is only using his rifle.

When I get home I'll gladly do that test and send you a screen-shot image that proves it.

Otherwise, have you wondered why your melee weapon still levels up when none of the parties you've been in have used their melee weapons at all?

@mindlessframe

You stated that: "have it so you only leech 70%(or lower?) of the total XP"

If Nova did M-Prime everyone else would only get a total of 70% of the XP from all of the mobs killed.

See how that would make her very hated? As she can now prevent you from gaining 30% of the xp from entire rooms?

Edited by Tsukinoki

Dude... if you don't know how the system works.... refrain from talking..... even more from insulting and going all aggro scrub.

No matter what others kill, you get even xp.... period....

If you can't understand that, go test it.... be idle in a game and check your xp

Keep reading wiki and believing it, it self contradicts

@Unibot

I have tested it before on M-Prime. All that's required to test it is to go through M-Prime and have your friend kill with *only* his rifle while you dont kill with anything. You'll see that you get full warframe XP + XP for everything else even though he is only using his rifle.

When I get home I'll gladly do that test and send you a screen-shot image that proves it.

Otherwise, have you wondered why your melee weapon still levels up when none of the parties you've been in have used their melee weapons at all?

I see 1 hero runs toward the crowd and throws miasma, the other  guy stays near a pod shooting with shotgun leftovers. In the end I get lots of suit exp and some primary. I judge on what I see.

Edited by Unibot

Older video but I sure XP still works same, skip to near end of video of him showing his XP on high qaulity and you will see XP divided equally to all 4. He got little more for frame as he was using his abilities to support.

Edited by mindlessframe

@Unibot

And are you trying to take into account your own ability usage and weapon usage in that mission? That has a much bigger effect on the XP you gain than leaching does, because the leaching is split up over all 3 of your weapons, where if you kill something you get all of that XP in one weapon.

@mindlessframe

You stated that: "have it so you only leech 70%(or lower?) of the total XP"

If Nova did M-Prime everyone else would only get a total of 70% of the XP from all of the mobs killed.

See how that would make her very hated? As she can now prevent you from gaining 30% of the xp from entire rooms?

I see your point.  Then Maybe they will have to leave leeching how it is, but increase XP gained for using weapons maybe so that people who do not want to leech can still level there weapons up at a decent rate of that of leeching.

But if people were to kill using abilites that = much faster time in kill, thus killing things at a faster rate saving you time would make up for the loss of XP... so hard to say?

Edited by mindlessframe

@mindlessframe

In endless defense or mobile defense I could see it eventually making up for it.

In a standard mission where you generally dont see as many enemies then it would just cause a lot of issues in groups.

And if you want to level up a specific weapon its actually a bit faster to go out and kill everything with just that weapon. The only problem with that is depending on the weapon its a lot harder to do that. In a group setting that weapon gets overall less experience, but you dont have to actively use that weapon, meaning that you can jump into a higher level area with more enemies and get more experience because you can use your maxed out level 30 pistol while leveling your melee weapon at the same time, rather than have to run lower level areas and use only your melee weapon.

If you actively use your weapon you want to level up it will level up faster than if you rely purely on leached XP for it. So that part is already partially taken care of.

Older video but I sure XP still works same, skip to near end of video of him showing his XP on high qaulity and you will see XP divided equally to all 4. He got little more for frame as he was using his abilities to support.

Thanks for opening my eyes, though it looked different when I played, maybe cause I got frame exp from all kills..

I appologise for being rude.

@Unibot

And are you trying to take into account your own ability usage and weapon usage in that mission? That has a much bigger effect on the XP you gain than leaching does, because the leaching is split up over all 3 of your weapons, where if you kill something you get all of that XP in one weapon.

Yes I uses my weapon and partially abilities(not for killing though)

I appologise again.

Now I get it. It's strange though that your sential still grant you only frame exp...

@Unibot

That is one reason why I don't equip my sentinel when I am trying to level my weapons, especially my melee weapons (I dont have shade so...). Your own dethcube can prevent you from getting a lot of melee xp.

But you had a very common misconception that a lot of other people in this game share about how the xp mechanics work. Glad I could help explain things.