Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice Theories.

Imstillnotsure123

Firstly, I just want to say that with whatever I am about to say, I do not mean it with the intent to harm/berate people, although it may seem that way, this is mostly me being very blunt and truthful with what I think. WIth that said:

The lotus wont "die", the Tenno/Operators won't sacrifice themselves, the Tenno/operators won't  to do something gamebreakingly drastic, we need to calm down and stop overreacting.

On the forums, fan channels etc, there has been a general atmosphere are idea that when "The Sacrifice"/"The Apostasy" or whatever it will be called comes out, the quest/game will force the player to make a decision based on the light/dark/neutral system previously used for The War Within and The Glast Gambit. I, as well as many others, believe this to be true. However, this general atmosphere is also crowded with people who think that DE will force the player into gamebreaking circumstances, such as "Either the Tenno die or Hunhow destroys the universe".

This will not happen.

Not only will these choices that the community believes we will have to make completely violate the face of the game (In the previous example, there would literally be no more game). but they are also completely irrational and can be disproved with a little bit of logic.So, with all that said, I want to bring a little bit of logic to the table.

The Operators/Tenno won't sacrifice themselves: DE only 2-3 months ago (PoE) reworked the focus system completely then reworked it again shortly after, bought us an entire operator based faction, has released 2 main story quests about the Operator, and continues to balance, change and tweak the Operators. When they have gone to such lengths to include the Operators at this extent to the story, it would be lore, gameplay and work suicide to kill them off. It would be like removing Nova and Nyx from the game because "It drives a story quest". It makes no sense both lore wise and gameplay/developer wise.

Whatever the outcome/choice is, it will not break the game: DE would not do something along the lines of "Pick A to be allowed to have Umbra, or Pick B to be allowed to have Lotus", or something along those lines. Whatever the outcome is, it will not affect the game in a massive manner. Look at the end of The War Within, Or The Glast Gambit, two quests with a choice based ending, which apart from changing your light/dark/neutral score, has no effect on the game whatsoever. The outcome will/should be one of little consequence, that fact masqueraded by an imposed massive lore consequence.

Now. My Theory.

In The Sacrfice trailer (Im going to shorten this to "TST"), Ballas says "If you could trade, would you? Surely. But all miracles require sacrifice. for their lives, yours." From this alone, you cannot tell who Ballas is talking to. However, The Apostasy Prologue (shortened to "TAP"), may give us an idea, Ballas is talking to Margulis. With this, look back at the TST dialogue.

"If you could trade, would you?". We do not know what this implies, and this could lead to extreme speculations, check my Tenno die/Hunhow destroys the universe exmaple. This question is a wish, a hypothesis of sorts, the key word being "could". Its an "Imagine this situation" question.

"But all miracles require sacrifice, for their lives, yours". This line is the killer. Firstly, throughout the game, the Tenno are refered to, or called Miracles, meaning that in this line, we can assume the Miracles to be the Tenno. This idea is backed up by the plural phrase "their lives", meaning that their are more than one of "them". It is unlikely that the phrase is not refering to the Tenno as a collective, as heavily implied with the plural and "Miracles". Next, "for their lives, yours". If we assume that Ballas is talking to Margulis, it raises questions and theories, mainly "The tenno will kill themselves off for Margulis!" etc, which is not true. If Ballas is talking to Margulis in the present/during TAP, this would by confusing in a sense, and hard to craft a theory off of. For example, why would the Tenno have to sacrifice themselves now to save Margulis/ why would they even do that? However, if we put the dialogue for TST after the pre reservoir drop down part in TAP (Before you go into the lotus room), we may have an idea of what is going on. If we do that, it would create a "last dialogue" in a sense, Ballas talking to Margulis for the "presumably" last time personally, Ballas trying to plea with Margulis to trade the Tenno's lives for Hers. 

Finally, with the information that I have just layed out, I believe that The Sacrifice will involve (similar to how TAP did) going back into the past/looking at the past in order to save the present, with The Sacrifice being the player physically seeing and witnessing the Sacrifice that Margulis did in order to save the Tenno, maybe applying what we learn from the past in order to save the Lotus, making a choice at the end that does not break or affect the game beyond lore/ later change, nothing set in stone gameplay wise.

Although the theory was extra, the main point of the post was to disprove some of the crazy theories going around. Nothing drastic will happen, you wont have to kill off your operator or chuck 20 forma into a pit to save Margulis or something stupid. Happy post christmas, and Have a good new years.

8 minutes ago, Imstillnotsure123 said:

Firstly, I just want to say that with whatever I am about to say, I do not mean it with the intent to harm/berate people, although it may seem that way, this is mostly me being very blunt and truthful with what I think. WIth that said:

The lotus wont "die", the Tenno/Operators won't sacrifice themselves, the Tenno/operators won't  to do something gamebreakingly drastic, we need to calm down and stop overreacting.

On the forums, fan channels etc, there has been a general atmosphere are idea that when "The Sacrifice"/"The Apostasy" or whatever it will be called comes out, the quest/game will force the player to make a decision based on the light/dark/neutral system previously used for The War Within and The Glast Gambit. I, as well as many others, believe this to be true. However, this general atmosphere is also crowded with people who think that DE will force the player into gamebreaking circumstances, such as "Either the Tenno die or Hunhow destroys the universe".

This will not happen.

Not only will these choices that the community believes we will have to make completely violate the face of the game (In the previous example, there would literally be no more game). but they are also completely irrational and can be disproved with a little bit of logic.So, with all that said, I want to bring a little bit of logic to the table.

The Operators/Tenno won't sacrifice themselves: DE only 2-3 months ago (PoE) reworked the focus system completely then reworked it again shortly after, bought us an entire operator based faction, has released 2 main story quests about the Operator, and continues to balance, change and tweak the Operators. When they have gone to such lengths to include the Operators at this extent to the story, it would be lore, gameplay and work suicide to kill them off. It would be like removing Nova and Nyx from the game because "It drives a story quest". It makes no sense both lore wise and gameplay/developer wise.

Whatever the outcome/choice is, it will not break the game: DE would not do something along the lines of "Pick A to be allowed to have Umbra, or Pick B to be allowed to have Lotus", or something along those lines. Whatever the outcome is, it will not affect the game in a massive manner. Look at the end of The War Within, Or The Glast Gambit, two quests with a choice based ending, which apart from changing your light/dark/neutral score, has no effect on the game whatsoever. The outcome will/should be one of little consequence, that fact masqueraded by an imposed massive lore consequence.

Now. My Theory.

In The Sacrfice trailer (Im going to shorten this to "TST"), Ballas says "If you could trade, would you? Surely. But all miracles require sacrifice. for their lives, yours." From this alone, you cannot tell who Ballas is talking to. However, The Apostasy Prologue (shortened to "TAP"), may give us an idea, Ballas is talking to Margulis. With this, look back at the TST dialogue.

"If you could trade, would you?". We do not know what this implies, and this could lead to extreme speculations, check my Tenno die/Hunhow destroys the universe exmaple. This question is a wish, a hypothesis of sorts, the key word being "could". Its an "Imagine this situation" question.

"But all miracles require sacrifice, for their lives, yours". This line is the killer. Firstly, throughout the game, the Tenno are refered to, or called Miracles, meaning that in this line, we can assume the Miracles to be the Tenno. This idea is backed up by the plural phrase "their lives", meaning that their are more than one of "them". It is unlikely that the phrase is not refering to the Tenno as a collective, as heavily implied with the plural and "Miracles". Next, "for their lives, yours". If we assume that Ballas is talking to Margulis, it raises questions and theories, mainly "The tenno will kill themselves off for Margulis!" etc, which is not true. If Ballas is talking to Margulis in the present/during TAP, this would by confusing in a sense, and hard to craft a theory off of. For example, why would the Tenno have to sacrifice themselves now to save Margulis/ why would they even do that? However, if we put the dialogue for TST after the pre reservoir drop down part in TAP (Before you go into the lotus room), we may have an idea of what is going on. If we do that, it would create a "last dialogue" in a sense, Ballas talking to Margulis for the "presumably" last time personally, Ballas trying to plea with Margulis to trade the Tenno's lives for Hers. 

Finally, with the information that I have just layed out, I believe that The Sacrifice will involve (similar to how TAP did) going back into the past/looking at the past in order to save the present, with The Sacrifice being the player physically seeing and witnessing the Sacrifice that Margulis did in order to save the Tenno, maybe applying what we learn from the past in order to save the Lotus, making a choice at the end that does not break or affect the game beyond lore/ later change, nothing set in stone gameplay wise.

Although the theory was extra, the main point of the post was to disprove some of the crazy theories going around. Nothing drastic will happen, you wont have to kill off your operator or chuck 20 forma into a pit to save Margulis or something stupid. Happy post christmas, and Have a good new years.

In the beginning, Warframes WEREn't piloted by little, dreaming, fully customizable kids with an entire new set of powers that killed their parents.

The Lotus WASN'T a Sentient killing Machine.

Ordis WASN'T a tribal, bloodthirsty, suicidal killer who ripped bones from his body to destroy his enemies.

And the Void wasn't anything close to an evil entity from The Shining who likes to go "Here's JOHNNY!"

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

In the beginning, Warframes WEREn't piloted by little, dreaming, fully customizable kids with an entire new set of powers that killed their parents.

Ordis WASN'T a tribal, bloodthirsty, suicidal killer who ripped bones from his body to destroy his enemies.

And the Void wasn't anything close to an evil entity from The Shining who likes to go "Here's JOHNNY!"

What are you on about?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

We didn't know Warframes were piloted by kids, but we knew sure as hell even back in 2013 that Warframes were piloted through some spirit wifi internet incarnation thingie. People have been saying that the Lotus was cybernetic or artificial since forever because she has a bunch of tubes in her head. We've known Ordis was psychopathic from the moment he showed up because he keeps yelling about murder and blood. And people have suspected evil things in the Void since forever because how reminicent the Void is to the Warp in Warhammer 40,000.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You are playing the odds, but it is FAR from a sure thing that no game-changing decisions will come from the Sacrifice.

There is a difference between game changing and game breaking. Adding umbra to be a massive feature, like the focus system etc is game changing. Killing off the operators and in turn 2 years of development and questlines is game breaking. It is almost a certainty that they will not break their game in the ways I said, in fact, it is certain. By getting rid of operators, they would not only ruin all they have developed from them, but also effectively con people out of the countless platinum spent on customizations and hours spent focus farming, which would cause a horrendous backlash, a game destroying backlash. 

I seen the Point Made Already (In-Game Property and Point out by Tennos): Everytime Operator Fail, Operator recover (Void?).

Spoiler

If Anything could Happen, that mean Tenshin could be Senior (not Teacher). And Clem your Long-Lost Grineer Sibling.

Also, Operators are said to "Awaken" from WarFrames first, then the Operator. 

It is possible for the Operator to "Return to Cryo Hibernation" DEpicted In-Game. 

Another Notes:  Tennos Generally don't like playing as Amateur "Emo" Children. (M-Rated Game). Thus Growing up (20+) Help By A Lot.

Also DE Originally had Dark Sector, so the Operator and Excal Variant is not Limited, rather some thing waiting to be found.