Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients need to die

ACULonSeer

4 hours ago, Phobonaut said:

latest?cb=20171007154455

With this mod on a fast melee weapon, you don't even need to give a S#&$ about DR because you'll melt their armour in seconds.

I had no idea that mod was even worth using! I guess cause the effect had no visual queue I thought it never worked. How fast does the weapon need to be? I can't think of any fast impact-main weapons

All Tenno are able to carry up to three sets of weapons for a reason, for both fluff and reality. Sentients are intended to be designed as a tough enemy, and even without their immunity they are quite powerful.

In the first contact we may fail or have a hard time, but it will warn us that Sentients are powerful that much, so it is fine to leave the first contact against the Sentient - actually, we should face them first because we need to keep in mind of their annoying trick.

And, we have already much good and easy way to bend their tricks. Provided you have two sets of the weapons, you may fire a weapon, switch to the other if the enemy raise the immunity much. You may fire your skills with a damage type to trigger their immunity first too. Void Beam makes them just a paper, but even without them we can deal with them well.

I think that a player with Mastery Rank 5 or above is expected to have at least two sets of weapons from primary/secondary/melee with diffrent settings of non-physical damage type.

In short, was it really an issue?

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

All Tenno are able to carry up to three sets of weapons for a reason, for both fluff and reality. Sentients are intended to be designed as a tough enemy, and even without their immunity they are quite powerful.

In the first contact we may fail or have a hard time, but it will warn us that Sentients are powerful that much, so it is fine to leave the first contact against the Sentient - actually, we should face them first because we need to keep in mind of their annoying trick.

And, we have already much good and easy way to bend their tricks. Provided you have two sets of the weapons, you may fire a weapon, switch to the other if the enemy raise the immunity much. You may fire your skills with a damage type to trigger their immunity first too. Void Beam makes them just a paper, but even without them we can deal with them well.

I think that a player with Mastery Rank 5 or above is expected to have at least two sets of weapons from primary/secondary/melee with diffrent settings of non-physical damage type.

In short, was it really an issue?

Yes. Yes it is an issue. The whole team being wiped out INSTANTLY is an issue. Enemies taking seemingly no damage even BEFORE immunity is an issue. My Hema with 3 elements completely wrecks lvl 30-40 grineer but tickles sentients. They are cheese-bait, unfun, and lazily designed to counter the absurd DPS of maiming strike and other exploits- I mean mods.

The fact that these are the only enemies that COMPLETELY wipe the smile from my face shows they are an issue.

Edited by ACULonSeer

4 minutes ago, ACULonSeer said:

Yes. Yes it is an issue. The whole team being wiped out INSTANTLY is an issue. Enemies taking seemingly no damage even BEFORE immunity is an issue. My Hema with 3 elements completely wrecks lvl 30-40 grineer but tickles sentients. They are cheese-bait, unfun, and lazily designed to counter the absurd DPS of maiming strike and other exploits- I mean mods.

The fact that these are the only enemies that COMPLETELY wipe the smile from my face shows they are an issue.

Is that so? They are not so durable without an immunity actually. I remember that their armor is not that high enough. Which Sentients you have seen in Lua? Are we play the same game?

I have seen Oculyst, Conculyst and Battalyst, and all of them are not even need for a corrosive proc to kill. Battalyst have a skill that temporarly immune to all damages while attack, but that's all. They don't have that much high armor and you can simply shoot them to death by most weapons.

I admit that these annoying sticks are quite powerful enemy, especially for Conculyst that unleash AOE laser beams for a while. They are one of the most powerful non-boss enemy type on the game. But that's not unbearable either, for we can make some step backwards. Your game on mobile defense mission was ruined, though, but you can deal with them before put the datamass, you know, as we does when we expect sudden onslaught for the assassins before put the datamass - it is not a wise idea to keep proceed the mission if you got an assassin all the times unless the assassin is very weak. Why you are bothered to face both the enemy waves as well as Sentients at once if you can't bear both of them them by once?

Immunity is not an issue, because you have THREE weapons, not only one, and some warframes also can cause the damage as well. On The Second Dream you may not prepared, but you know how Sentients does, so you need to be prepare for them, as we change the weapons and settings for the type and faction of the enemy each times. Is it giving you too much credit to have a sidearm with modded for the diffrent damage type only if you need to deal with the Sentient? I don't think so, for you can face them because you are on Mastery Rank 5 or more. You should able to do that at ease, and it is your problem if you don't.

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Is that so? They are not so durable without an immunity actually. I remember that their armor is not that high enough. Which Sentients you have seen in Lua? Are we play the same game?

I have seen Oculyst, Conculyst and Battalyst, and all of them are not even need for a corrosive proc to kill. Battalyst have a skill that temporarly immune to all damages while attack, but that's all. They don't have that much high armor and you can simply shoot them to death by most weapons.

I admit that these annoying sticks are quite powerful enemy, especially for Conculyst that unleash AOE laser beams for a while. They are one of the most powerful non-boss enemy type on the game. But that's not unbearable either, for we can make some step backwards. Your game on mobile defense mission was ruined, though, but you can deal with them before put the datamass, you know, as we does when we expect sudden onslaught for the assassins before put the datamass - it is not a wise idea to keep proceed the mission if you got an assassin all the times unless the assassin is very weak. Why you are bothered to face both the enemy waves as well as Sentients at once if you can't bear both of them them by once?

Immunity is not an issue, because you have THREE weapons, not only one, and some warframes also can cause the damage as well. On The Second Dream you may not prepared, but you know how Sentients does, so you need to be prepare for them, as we change the weapons and settings for the type and faction of the enemy each times. Is it giving you too much credit to have a sidearm with modded for the diffrent damage type only if you need to deal with the Sentient? I don't think so, for you can face them because you are on Mastery Rank 5 or more. You should able to do that at ease, and it is your problem if you don't.

I guess there must've been an issue with hit registration, or the fact that FOUR SPAWNED AT ONCE that made me think they were taking no damage in the mobile defense. I would test further, but it would make me wanna die if I did.

the only way they need to die, is when players are killing them, which isnt hard once you know what you're doing. honestly, an enemy gives players the slightest bit of challenge and they start freaking out. and no, they werent added to counter maiming strike, that came out after the sentients were added to the game

12 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

the only way they need to die, is when players are killing them, which isnt hard once you know what you're doing. honestly, an enemy gives players the slightest bit of challenge and they start freaking out. and no, they werent added to counter maiming strike, that came out after the sentients were added to the game

I can't really describe how I find bombards, manics, ambulas, and Nullifiers fun, but hate sentients. I just don't. They feel too unfair and completely remove the feeling of power. I don't feel on my toes when I battle one, I just get pissed off when my rockets deal no damage because someone already used blast on it, or when an entire team is wiped without a chance to counter, or when they become immortal tornadoes for 30 seconds at a time forcing me to crawl up a wall and wait.

3 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

I can't really describe how I find bombards, manics, ambulas, and Nullifiers fun, but hate sentients. I just don't. They feel too unfair and completely remove the feeling of power. I don't feel on my toes when I battle one, I just get pissed off when my rockets deal no damage because someone already used blast on it, or when an entire team is wiped without a chance to counter, or when they become immortal tornadoes for 30 seconds at a time forcing me to crawl up a wall and wait.

Use the operator, their void beam wipes the slate clean of damage adaptation

Just now, ShadowExodus said:

While that is true for high level players not everyone can brute force a sentient

If you consider Lenz a high level play of the game.... Or Arca Plasmor... Or Opticor
Or any crit based rapid fire weapon....

Now I am not saying "go melee it", that would be suicidal.

2 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

If you consider Lenz a high level play of the game.... Or Arca Plasmor... Or Opticor
Or any crit based rapid fire weapon....

Now I am not saying "go melee it", that would be suicidal.

I say high level because there is the fact that many people won't have the mods to bring out the full damage of OHK of those crit base weapons. But it's not like its even hard to switch to an operator and hit them with a void beam since all their adaptations immediately disappear. 

2 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

I say high level because there is the fact that many people won't have the mods to bring out the full damage of OHK of those crit base weapons. But it's not like its even hard to switch to an operator and hit them with a void beam since all their adaptations immediately disappear. 

Unless they disco the entire team before you have a chance 

2 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

Unless they disco the entire team before you have a chance 

Switch to operator enter void mode. Operators are essentially the main counter to everything sentient. And if they are doing their disco ball then it's your team's fault for staying in the area where their lasers can murder you.

3 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Switch to operator enter void mode. Operators are essentially the main counter to everything sentient. And if they are doing their disco ball then it's your team's fault for staying in the area where their lasers can murder you.

Staying... on the map? In the same tileset? Also I don't think defense objectives have legs, so how are you supposed to kill them without OHK cheese before they force an instafail? I'm not saying they're impossible to kill, just that most of the time the only ways to do it effectively are tedious or annoying. And isn't the operator inferior to a warframe in every way aside from anti-anti-sentient utility? Exciting. 

If you don't like them, avoid them.

People have given plenty of ways to defeat them without difficulty.

As for the Operator, they're inferior to a Warframe in most ways and that is as intended.  That doesn't make them useless though.  I mean, my Amp does around 3.5k per hit with primary fire and around 9k with secondary.  Not to mention all the other little goodies they get through the focus trees.  The main downside of the Operators comes in the forms of aesthetics and mobility.

3 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

Staying... on the map? In the same tileset? Also I don't think defense objectives have legs, so how are you supposed to kill them without OHK cheese before they force an instafail? I'm not saying they're impossible to kill, just that most of the time the only ways to do it effectively are tedious or annoying. And isn't the operator inferior to a warframe in every way aside from anti-anti-sentient utility? Exciting. 

Well all I did was suggest an efficient way of killing a sentient.

1.Not that hard to switch to operator and back 

2.If a 4 man squad is firing on a sentient and one person just one is firing a void beam then I see no reason why you can't kill it in a reliable time

3. As Cifrer mentioned Operators are supposed to be inferior, but they come with bonuses that make investing into focus trees worthwhile Madurai,Naramon. Then there is amps which makes fighting sentients a cake walk if you have the right parts.

Just now, ShadowExodus said:

Well all I did was suggest an efficient way of killing a sentient.

1.Not that hard to switch to operator and back 

2.If a 4 man squad is firing on a sentient and one person just one is firing a void beam then I see no reason why you can't kill it in a reliable time

3. As Cifrer mentioned Operators are supposed to be inferior, but they come with bonuses that make investing into focus trees worthwhile Madurai,Naramon. Then there is amps which makes fighting sentients a cake walk if you have the right parts.

I never saw a menu where you could equip amps or whatever. God, was there a tutorial I missed? It just occurred to me I have virtually no idea how operators really work.