Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Give players a on/off Option for gamepad Mode&UI

CaelThunderwing

Since Update 22.8, PC Players were given a new how shall we call this, "Auto-start UI and Mode" for those who play by Gamepad and make it easier and Convenient. for them to navigate and use the Menus. This became a QoL for PC - Gamepad Players but a Hindrance for Keyboard & Mouse Players.

When PC Players w/ Any gamepad connected "Or disconnected" (Wireless ones) after clicking Play in the launcher  for teh first time the Resolution switches to 720p and goes full screen and greeted w/ a new Screen. ]cdZSOfD.jpg

(i edited out my email for annon sake.)(i have the Framerate information displayed so i can see Pingtimes it also Displays once in a squad)

Now anytime you you'll see an certain options you'd see an X Y B A Start SELECT icons near them, and limited Keyboard and Mouse functions (similar to just interfacing any old application, the game wont respond to WSAD Shift ctrl  z x c q e r f for game movement and actions.  or the mouse to Fire/Aim  etc. again, another QoL for Gamepad players this stopped accidentals if you brushed against your Mouse or Keyboard.

Why this is Also a Problem:

Not every PC Player who Has a Gamepad connected plays the game by such. (i have for instance .hack//GU Last Recode and Okami HD, and i have many emulators and various games that use a gamepad)and tend to either load up Warframe while playing saifd games or visa versa when waiting out something in WF and in this Current state Bluetooth controllers nee dto be Disabled (or bluetooth turned off.) or Wired Controllers Disconnected (this is essentially a pain for those that connect their Wired ones in the back than the front ) before even starting the Launcher as it doesnt matter if you remove your controller before pressing play by this point.  Honestly this gets bothersome Every Single Time i start Warframe, and i'm certain there are others in the similar situation

to DE:

Please in light of this what me and all other K&M User would  request is NOT removal of this mode but an Option to Disable this

That's Steam's Controller API taking over, not Digital Extremes. If you activate the Steam Controller API (probably because you played a game that has no actual control scheme, such as Okami HD or Sword Art Online Hollow Realization), then all steam games will be forced to acknowledge Steam's Controller API, and that alone. No other control scheme. You have to turn off Steam Controller API if you want that to go away. It's not DE's fault, it's Steam being stupid as always.

(I think you turn it off by going into Big Picture Mode > Settings > Controller Settings > Uncheck PS4, Xbox and Generic Gamepad Configuration support. Keep in mind, doing so will make games that require Steam Controller API basically unplayable)

Edited by Gabbynaru