Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual stance pistol and glaive

Lanying

Question

So I am running a bloodrush and condition overload on my Zatki and Orvius. I just got a riven for cold damage, combo timer and range.

I was wondering with this does it increase the:

A)size of the glaive (so the thick...ness off glaive as it flys around you)

or

B) does it increase how big the circle is when it spins around you (as in how far away from you it is)

Because if its the thickness or distance away from you, im not sure if either are very usefull

6 answers to this question

Melee range only applies to the melee weapon in the area it will strike when using a normal melee attack.

This is why Whips are very popular with Primed Reach, since it takes the 3-4ish meter range of the normal attack and bumps up the swing to ungodly levels of distance.

If I'm guessing, you're probably using Astral Twlight to get the "spinning around me" effect. Since that's a basic attack (combo or otherwise), then yes, Range would effect how far out the attack actually hits from your body. But if you threw it, it would not effect the distance it would strike, only it's area to strike an enemy.

33 minutes ago, Lanying said:

A)size of the glaive (so the thick...ness off glaive as it flys around you)

B) does it increase how big the circle is when it spins around you (as in how far away from you it is)

I'm pretty sure there was a patch note before Christmas that fixed glaives being able to form a circle of death around you, like at all. They made sure the glaive comes back to your hand when you throw it no matter how hard you try to block it and make it go in a circle around you instead

Edited by EDM774

58 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Melee range only applies to the melee weapon in the area it will strike when using a normal melee attack.

This is why Whips are very popular with Primed Reach, since it takes the 3-4ish meter range of the normal attack and bumps up the swing to ungodly levels of distance.

If I'm guessing, you're probably using Astral Twlight to get the "spinning around me" effect. Since that's a basic attack (combo or otherwise), then yes, Range would effect how far out the attack actually hits from your body. But if you threw it, it would not effect the distance it would strike, only it's area to strike an enemy.

I am more reffering to the standard glaive and pistal dual stance combo that's in all glaive combos. (gleaming talon, astral twilight etc). In this when you attack it does some smaller circle around you, then a larger one that ragdols, and finished with a small straight throw ahead.

So you've said it increases the circumference of the flight path whilst someone else said it increases the width of the glaive. That's one for each :/

24 minutes ago, Lanying said:

I am more reffering to the standard glaive and pistal dual stance combo that's in all glaive combos. (gleaming talon, astral twilight etc). In this when you attack it does some smaller circle around you, then a larger one that ragdols, and finished with a small straight throw ahead.

So you've said it increases the circumference of the flight path whilst someone else said it increases the width of the glaive. That's one for each :/

It doesn't effect the "flight path". That will still APPEAR the same amount no matter what.

What will change is how big the attack area is. Normally something like a polearm has like 2m of attack range. You swing it, it hits an enemy at 2m. At 2.5m, no damage. With a range mod, you swing it, boom, you hit 2.5m and then some.

In this case, when the blade circles you, it takes up "space". If it hits some enemy, it takes damage. With a range mod, that area it will "hit" is larger. The weapon itself doesn't visibly change, only how big the 'attack swipe' area is.

So it's a bit of both, in a way. The glaive's 'swipe' is really what's effected.  It doesn't matter if it's swirling around you or just being slashed out in front of you. That area is being increased.

But honestly, the best way to test this is to go to the Simulacura, put the AI on pause, and try it yourself.