The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

15 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"We need to get Zaeed to his stash of Primed Relics first. I require..." Holden sighed, obviously against saying his next string of words, "...I require approximately 4 crates of 'Ballas' Turds'." Holden coughed. "It's not for me, of course. The real buyer wishes to remain anonymous, and has managed to be for years now."

Holden turned around to Zaeed. "You hear that? 'Ballas' Turds'. 4 crates. You know what I'm talking about; Cyrus is the one usually buying them off of you. If I get you to your stash, you can get them for me, right?"

*He Nods* "I've got the last of my stash, yes, its the last one I'll be able to sell if you want Holden you can have the lot, I got 50 relics left, I won't need them where I'm going" *Zaeed sighs* "Then, I'll give you the info you need Dax" 

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Nods* "I've got the last of my stash, yes, its the last one I'll be able to sell if you want Holden you can have the lot, I got 50 relics left, I won't need them where I'm going" *Zaeed sighs* "Then, I'll give you the info you need Dax" 

He sat down in the pilot seat. "Excellent. Where's our destination, Trader?"

Edited by Almighty_Jado

5 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

He sat down in the pilot seat. "Excellent. Where's our destination, Trader?"

*He sighs* "9-7,007, Neveah coil, 7-7, Tau"

*Dax perks a brow* "Your ship, is on the edge of Tau, the sleeping beats gates?, I do not know if you are foolish or smart"

54 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs* "9-7,007, Neveah coil, 7-7, Tau"

*Dax perks a brow* "Your ship, is on the edge of Tau, the sleeping beats gates?, I do not know if you are foolish or smart"

Holden looked over his should. "You're serious. Tau?!"

Holden ran his hands over the top of his hood. "Well, I suppose it is a good hiding place. Abaddon, you've been given the path. Take us there."

The ship turned itself and flew towards the nearest rail system. "Once we get to a rail, we can punch to Tau." Holden said, "But that is basically outside the Origin System. It will take a while. So get comfortable." He gestured to the couches in his ship. Fortunately, the interior was no where near as dark and foreboding as the Veil's usual decorations were.

"Now, if you will excuse me, there is a call I need to take," Holden said, as a little device on his dashboard began to blip. Abaddon's image floated across the forward viewport. "Sir, it's him, again. He wishes to know how things are going."

Holden did his best not to sigh. "I figured." He grabbed the door to the cockpit and closed it- but the lock didn't click. The door remains open with a little crack, enough to peek through.

2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden looked over his should. "You're serious. Tau?!"

Holden ran his hands over the top of his hood. "Well, I suppose it is a good hiding place. Abaddon, you've been given the path. Take us there."

The ship turned itself and flew towards the nearest rail system. "Once we get to a rail, we can punch to Tau." Holden said, "But that is basically outside the Origin System. It will take a while. So get comfortable." He gestured to the couches in his ship. Fortunately, the interior was no where near as dark and foreboding as the Veil's usual decorations were.

"Now, if you will excuse me, there is a call I need to take," Holden said, as a little device on his dashboard began to blip. Abaddon's image floated across the forward viewport. "Sir, it's him, again. He wishes to know how things are going."

Holden did his best not to sigh. "I figured." He grabbed the door to the cockpit and closed it- but the lock didn't click. The door remains open with a little crack, enough to peek through.

*Dax waits until he is out the door, then turns to Zaeed* "We got the room for ourselves, start talking now, I want to know the data on the rest of your family, and unless you want me to question your baby daughter, you betta answer them, or I'll cut your throat right here, right now"

*Zaeed sighs*"Look, Dax, we can work together, I'll share the info, but not here, I have someone who you'll like to speak to"

*Dax scoffs* "I don't care, I want the information, you will tell me, everything" *His blade opens up, nearing Zaeeds neck*

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Dax waits until he is out the door, then turns to Zaeed* "We got the room for ourselves, start talking now, I want to know the data on the rest of your family, and unless you want me to question your baby daughter, you betta answer them, or I'll cut your throat right here, right now"

*Zaeed sighs*"Look, Dax, we can work together, I'll share the info, but not here, I have someone who you'll like to speak to"

*Dax scoffs* "I don't care, I want the information, you will tell me, everything" *His blade opens up, nearing Zaeeds neck*

Static crackles across the holographic screen. "H- OHDUIPSPOJ- hello? Can- OFUSHUASJDO me?"

Holden adjusted a knob. "Your telemetry is off. Perhaps the debris you spoke of earlier is messing your broadcast up." Holden peers into the sea of fuzz. "Your image isn't coming up at all. Hurry up and fix your frequency emitter or something. Then we can talk."

Zaeed and Dax hear Holden through the crack in the door. It's wide enough that they may even be able to peer inside.

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Static crackles across the holographic screen. "H- OHDUIPSPOJ- hello? Can- OFUSHUASJDO me?"

Holden adjusted a knob. "Your telemetry is off. Perhaps the debris you spoke of earlier is messing your broadcast up." Holden peers into the sea of fuzz. "Your image isn't coming up at all. Hurry up and fix your frequency emitter or something. Then we can talk."

Zaeed and Dax hear Holden through the crack in the door. It's wide enough that they may even be able to peer inside.

*Dax moves to the side to peek in, but still speaks to Zaeed* "Speak, Zaeed or I'll speak to someone more close to you, I know Drige, wants you dead, and I'm happy to give your body to him"

*Zaeed, does the same* "I...please, just speak to the person, I want you to and don't say a word, I need you to trust me, all the riches you can get are in my base" *He tries to link up with Fel, only him and hear being able to here* <Fel, I need you to try to speak to Dax, convince him on our side>

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Dax moves to the side to peek in, but still speaks to Zaeed* "Speak, Zaeed or I'll speak to someone more close to you, I know Drige, wants you dead, and I'm happy to give your body to him"

*Zaeed, does the same* "I...please, just speak to the person, I want you to and don't say a word, I need you to trust me, all the riches you can get are in my base" *He tries to link up with Fel, only him and hear being able to here* <Fel, I need you to try to speak to Dax, convince him on our side>

Before Fel's voice comes through, the two of them are met with an alarming visage on Holden's screen.

The person he speaks to is within a dark chamber, its walls covered in infested flesh. Maggots and strange infested monster crawl around the background, their bioluminescent patches moving like fireflies in the night. In the center of the screen, a limbless body, with its guts hanging out of its chest, half hangs half lies on some kind of claw covered chair while its shoulders are supported by muscle-like strands.

"There you go, Kapak," Holden said, "I can see you clearly now... regrettably. You have definitely looked better."

"I told you the situation where I'm at is crazy," the figure spoke, his visible lungs expanding and deflating as he spoke, "some kind of Corpus organization, probably trying to salvage Alad V's technocyte research or something stupid. They've got highly trained soldiers and very, VERY effective anti-infested equipment."

Kapak attempted to move his head and look down at his side. "Psst!" He whispered off to the side, "Helminth! My side's itchy!" A massive infested claw appeared on screen, and scratched him under his arm. "Ah, that's the stuff. Thank you. Now, er, where were we? You found Zaeed yet?"

"Indeed I have," Holden said, "It seems like he's caught up in a rather large mess at the moment. But he's agreed to take me to his stash where I can pick your..." Holden groaned, "... Ballas' Turds."

The gory body on screen didn't smile, but everyone watching could sense that it was inside its head. "Excellent! I really need those before I decide to get back in the action. Hopefully you can deliver those by the time my fingers are finished." Kapak looks at his stump of an arm, small infested tendrils waving from the end of the exposed bone. "Hey, look at that! I got little fingers already!"

"Kapak, silence! I swear in Rell's Eternal Bind that no one has ever aggravated me as much as you! Just give me your coordinates so I can deliver your supplies as soon as I finish up with this other mess. I picked up some other individual, a Tenno. Something about him is off, like he is a mercenary or something. For now, I trust him, as he has been helpful thus far."

Kapak shifted in his fleshy seat. "Well, despite the fact that Cyrus would've gotten the job done already, I think you're doing just fine, Holden." Some strange infested screech reverberated in the background, along with a clatter. "OY! HEY! PUT THAT DOWN, HUNTER! HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN A- oh, my word. Sorry Holden, I've gotta go. I'm sending you the coordinates via our secret channel. I'll see you soon!"

The screen flickered and turned off. Holden leaned back in his chair.

10 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

-snip-

*Dax, leans back, feeling a bit rude now* "Well, that was rude of me, all he needs is to help his friend, I really need to start trusting people"

*Zaeed sits back down* "We're almost here"

<As the ship gets closer to his location, it seems to be guarded by what appears to be an intacted Orokin vessel, it seems heavily armoured and very well armed, attacking it or providing it whuold likely result in swift death, it begins to hail you>

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Dax, leans back, feeling a bit rude now* "Well, that was rude of me, all he needs is to help his friend, I really need to start trusting people"

*Zaeed sits back down* "We're almost here"

<As the ship gets closer to his location, it seems to be guarded by what appears to be an intacted Orokin vessel, it seems heavily armoured and very well armed, attacking it or providing it whuold likely result in swift death, it begins to hail you>

Holden called from the cockpit, "Zaeed, get up here. I think this might be one of yours? They are hailing us. Recognize anything?"

16 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden called from the cockpit, "Zaeed, get up here. I think this might be one of yours? They are hailing us. Recognize anything?"

*Zaeed walks up* "It's, yes.one if mine, patch her through, this is where your gonna get your stuff"

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

There is no response from Felicity, it seems you are on your own for now.

“Outriders Three and Seven are reporting activity outside Tau.” The Oberon said. “It appears the Trader has led them to his ship.”

The hooded figure smiled.

”Take the Kraken and chart a course for Tau.” He says. “Bring Zaeed to me, alive.”

The Oberon bows and departs. 

The hooded figure turns back to the window.

”Hold on just a little longer, old friend.” He says. “I will repay my debt to you.”

21 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"What the.." he unintentionally said out loud as he tried to stop the creature from running around the place.

----

"Got it" he said as he tried to find a big enough hiding spot for him that he could use as cover.

You manage to catch hold of a small limb. The creature is small, almost childlike. It is wrapped in bandages and it’s body is deformed. 

It matches descriptions you have heard of Kuva Jesters. This one seems to have been a servant for the previous quartermaster, judging from the rag and bottle of polish it is holding.

—-

“What are you doing?” Kilan asks. “We don’t need to find cover know. I’m just doing it to pass the time.”

Edited by Rakawan

On 1/23/2018 at 12:37 PM, DeathInDesguise456 said:

"If your intel is right we won't be needing shield bearers in front. We should be able to tear through everyone before then."

“We’ll find out soon enough.” Luc says. “Interceptors, incoming.”

Fire takes the platform as two Grineer Bolkor’s move in to ivnestiage the dropship.

”Troops deployed, falling back.” The dropship pilot says.

The Bolkor’s move closer, aiming to drop troops. Luc readies his Grattler and opens fire on them.

2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden accepts the hail. "Greetings. This vessel houses Zaeed, the Prime Trader, on a course to return him to his stockpile of goods. Do you copy?"

* a strong, empowering, but singular voice echoes from the coms* "And, what has my, wilted love done to warrant to be transported on the doctrinaires and most aggressive people of the Origin system ship, to come here?"

“Outriders Three and Seven report position on Trader one one.” The Oberon says. “Exact coordinates preferred.”

He watches the numbers come in.

”Prep for jump.” He says. “All weapons armed, tractor beam ready.”

37 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

* a strong, empowering, but singular voice echoes from the coms* "And, what has my, wilted love done to warrant to be transported on the doctrinaires and most aggressive people of the Origin system ship, to come here?"

"I mounted a rescue mission to save his sorry rump. I come not as a warden, but as a guardian, seeking to return him to his place of refuge. In return, I gain the ability to do business with him. I swear by the blood of Holy Rell that that is all I'm here for. I have neither the info nor care to know why he had been imprisoned in the first place... I know it had something to do with the Shadow's Shadow. Here, Zaeed can talk to you himself."

Holden motions for Zaeed to speak to the person over the comms.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“We’ll find out soon enough.” Luc says. “Interceptors, incoming.”

Fire takes the platform as two Grineer Bolkor’s move in to ivnestiage the dropship.

”Troops deployed, falling back.” The dropship pilot says.

The Bolkor’s move closer, aiming to drop troops. Luc readies his Grattler and opens fire on them.

Ha’ruk saw the Bolkor and started to bark commands. “Defense positions men! Find cover! And if they drop open fire the moment you see then, do not give them even a second to think!” Ha’ruk loaded up his Hek and readied himself for battle

Just now, Almighty_Jado said:

"I mounted a rescue mission to save his sorry rump. I come not as a warden, but as a guardian, seeking to return him to his place of refuge. In return, I gain the ability to do business with him. I swear by the blood of Holy Rell that that is all I'm here for. I have neither the info nor care to know why he had been imprisoned in the first place... I know it had something to do with the Shadow's Shadow. Here, Zaeed can talk to you himself."

*She sighs* "You know the light code, speak"

*Zaeed sits up* "Honored Seven, our Jade Light, our miracles will be sown upon sanguine ground. For my life: yours."

"Confirm, you may dock, head to docking bay 007, make it quick, we're picking up something" *She unlocks the docking systems, but the ships thrusters seem hot, weapons are loaded*

7 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

50 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

A ship, trailing long mechanical tendrils appears from a void rift. It is easily dreadnought class, and fully armed. A tractor beam locks into the Veil ship, halting its progress.

”This is High Guardian Eli.” A voice says on an open channel. “We are here for Zaeed Zi’teer on behalf of the Remnant. Surrender him and be rewarded, resist and face execution for your disobedience. You have five minutes conclude your business and arrange his safe transport.”

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A ship, trailing long mechanical tendrils appears from a void rift. It is easily dreadnought class, and fully armed. A tractor beam locks into the Veil ship, halting its progress.

”This is High Guardian Eli.” A voice says on an open channel. “We are here for Zaeed Zi’teer on behalf of the Remnant. Surrender him and be rewarded, resist and face execution for your disobedience. You have five minutes conclude your business and arrange his safe transport.”

*The woman, contacts the other ship, but on a secure channel, her ship weapons, are locked dreadnought or not, it whuold be a fair fight between them if it did happen* "Dreadnought class, this is Neavah, of the Oro Vessel, Please state your Business, we do not wish to insight blood-shed"

Edited by -Platinum-

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She sighs* "You know the light code, speak"

*Zaeed sits up* "Honored Seven, our Jade Light, our miracles will be sown upon sanguine ground. For my life: yours."

"Confirm, you may dock, head to docking bay 007, make it quick, we're picking up something" *She unlocks the docking systems, but the ships thrusters seem hot, weapons are loaded*

Holden snorted from under his hood. "A code made of random phrases intercepted from Orokin Towers. Spoken by Ballas, as well. How trite."

Just now, Rakawan said:

Holden gripped the controls. "By the Harrowed Stars, I cannot believe this." Holden gets up from his controls. He shouts at Zaeed as he crosses the ship, "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE A NICE BENIGN TRADER, LIKE BARO KI'TEER? Instead you somehow manage to get yourself caught up in this GIANT ACCURSED MESS!"

Abbadon speaks up. "Force exchange particles detected. They are using a tractor beam to nullify thruster effects."

Holden is on the other side of his ship's room, passing by Dax to open up a panel on the side of his ship. "We have been in similar situations before. I will not stand to be at the mercy of the Remnant's dogs!" Holden grabbed a bunch of wires and ripped them from the panel, sending sparks flying across the room, showing both himself and Dax in golden light.

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden snorted from under his hood. "A code made of random phrases intercepted from Orokin Towers. Spoken by Ballas, as well. How trite."

Holden gripped the controls. "By the Harrowed Stars, I cannot believe this." Holden gets up from his controls. He shouts at Zaeed as he crosses the ship, "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE A NICE BENIGN TRADER, LIKE BARO KI'TEER? Instead you somehow manage to get yourself caught up in this GIANT ACCURSED MESS!"

Abbadon speaks up. "Force exchange particles detected. They are using a tractor beam to nullify thruster effects."

Holden is on the other side of his ship's room, passing by Dax to open up a panel on the side of his ship. "We have been in similar situations before. I will not stand to be at the mercy of the Remnant's dogs!" Holden grabbed a bunch of wires and ripped them from the panel, sending sparks flying across the room, showing both himself and Dax in golden light.

"DON'T YELL AT ME, I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THERE ARE!" *He snaps back* "Just, do what they say, please, I can get what you need and I will deal with the Remnant, trust me, Holden!"

*Dax quickly walks into the room, Holden is in, putting his on his shoulder* "Holden, do, as they say, I know who they are, we're likely dead, if they open fire"