The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

Just now, -Platinum- said:

"DON'T YELL AT ME, I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THERE ARE!" *He snaps back* "Just, do what they say, please, I can get what you need and I will deal with the Remnant, trust me, Holden!"

*Dax quickly walks into the room, Holden is in, putting his on his shoulder* "Holden, do, as they say, I know who they are, we're likely dead, if they open fire"

Holden looked at the wires and machinery within the ship's walls. If he could alter the energy values of his engines just enough so that the wavelength of the resulting photons was different, and eject excess antimatter fuel, they might be able to break free. But there was still a chance they could be shot out of space.

Holden lowered his fist with the bundle of still sparking wires. "Fine." He said, "As long as I get what I am after."

He returned to the console, and took a deep breath. "Guardian Eli, this is Ambassador Holden Telum of the Red Veil. May the hallowed chains bless you. If you release us from the tractor beam, I will willingly navigate my craft into any available hangars you have."

2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden looked at the wires and machinery within the ship's walls. If he could alter the energy values of his engines just enough so that the wavelength of the resulting photons was different, and eject excess antimatter fuel, they might be able to break free. But there was still a chance they could be shot out of space.

Holden lowered his fist with the bundle of still sparking wires. "Fine." He said, "As long as I get what I am after."

He returned to the console, and took a deep breath. "Guardian Eli, this is Ambassador Holden Telum of the Red Veil. May the hallowed chains bless you. If you release us from the tractor beam, I will willingly navigate my craft into any available hangars you have."

*He nods* "Thank you Holdem, I'll ensure you'll seek what you need"

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"DON'T YELL AT ME, I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THERE ARE!" *He snaps back* "Just, do what they say, please, I can get what you need and I will deal with the Remnant, trust me, Holden!"

*Dax quickly walks into the room, Holden is in, putting his on his shoulder* "Holden, do, as they say, I know who they are, we're likely dead, if they open fire"

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The beam begins to pull the ship into an opening hanger.

”Send the Trader out first.” Eli says. “Then we will be more than happy to help you conduct your business with him.”

A silver and black Oberon Prime is standing, flanked by two Rhino Primes in matching armor. 

The inside of the hangar has turrets set in the roof aiming at the ship.

The interior is decidedly Orokin in design and decoration. 

Your ship is the only one in this hangar.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

”Send the Trader out first.” Eli says. “Then we will be more than happy to help you conduct your business with him.”

A silver and black Oberon Prime is standing, flanked by two Rhino Primes in matching armor. 

Holden gestures to Zaeed. "Go ahead, then."

Edited by Almighty_Jado

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

10 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden gestures to Zaeed. "Go ahead, then."

*Zaeed sighs and walks out* "Holden, I keep my Pormsiises, speak to Neavah, she'll give what you need"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

You manage to catch hold of a small limb. The creature is small, almost childlike. It is wrapped in bandages and it’s body is deformed. 

It matches descriptions you have heard of Kuva Jesters. This one seems to have been a servant for the previous quartermaster, judging from the rag and bottle of polish it is holding.

—-

“What are you doing?” Kilan asks. “We don’t need to find cover know. I’m just doing it to pass the time.”

"I wonder what I should do with you? Maybe I should report you to the higher ups to see what they will do with you, unless you have a reason why you hide in here?" he asked the jester, trying to see if it could talk or not.

-----

"Oooh...Sorry, I thought you were doing it because of....Um...I don't know.." he said, not sure where he was going with that train of thought. He did however stop trying to find a hiding spot.

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs and walks out* "Holden, I keep my Pormsiises, speak to Neavah, she'll give what you need"

Holden was still uncomfortable in his current position. He remembered Palladino's secret message. This was what she wanted, wasn't it? This was what was wanted by the Veil, wasn't it?

Holden still wasn't sure of exactly what was going on here. He might have just been nervous being so close to Tau... one of the only things that truly terrified Holden were their kind.

He turned to Dax. "You next, I suppose?"

8 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden was still uncomfortable in his current position. He remembered Palladino's secret message. This was what she wanted, wasn't it? This was what was wanted by the Veil, wasn't it?

Holden still wasn't sure of exactly what was going on here. He might have just been nervous being so close to Tau... one of the only things that truly terrified Holden were their kind.

*He shakes his head* "All I want is, that girl, whos on the coms, Zaeed did us both a favor, got you the gold, got me the girl, I will not side with such people" *He sighs* "Relax Holden, we'll be out soon, tho, what is worrying you?"

10 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

The moment you step from the ship the Rhino’s walk round you, standing between you and the others, their weapons in hand. 

Eli seems to relax.

”Are you alright?” He asks. “Do you require any medical aid? Or perhaps any refreshments?”

He claps his hands and a robed attendant, face obscured behind a veil walks up to you with a silver tray holding a bottle of Orokin Spiced Wine and a gilded goblet.

8 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

You remember their message said that those who turned Zaeed over would be rewarded. 

After summoning the attendant, Eli turns to you and Dax.

”Step forward.” He says. “And claim your reward for Zaeed’s safe return. Once you have finished your business we will provide transport back to the Origin system. A minor boon as a token of goodwill.”

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He shakes his head* "All I want is, that girl, whos on the coms, Zaeed did us both a favor, got you the gold, got me the girl, I will not side with such people" *He sighs* "Relax Holden, we'll be out soon, tho, what is worrying you?"

Holden managed a chuckle. "You Tenno probably have little fear of them, but those things... THEM. The Sentients. We are close to their world. A little too close, in my opinion."

You remember their message said that those who turned Zaeed over would be rewarded. 

”Step forward.” He says. “And claim your reward for Zaeed’s safe return. Once you have finished your business we will provide transport back to the Origin system. A minor boon as a token of goodwill.”

Holden slowly approached Eli. He waved his hand in the Veil's gesture of blessing.

54 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha’ruk saw the Bolkor and started to bark commands. “Defense positions men! Find cover! And if they drop open fire the moment you see then, do not give them even a second to think!” Ha’ruk loaded up his Hek and readied himself for battle

Your troops seek cover, all of them  returning fire. 

HL15 And HL16 keep their eyes on the pad, waiting for any troops to drop. 

Luc meanwhile simply stands there as the Bolkor’s pelt him with fire, laughing as the rounds bounce off harmlessly. 

His shots find their mark and the first Bolkor’s tilts, it’s engines shot.

The moment you step from the ship the Rhino’s walk round you, standing between you and the others, their weapons in hand. 

Eli seems to relax.

”Are you alright?” He asks. “Do you require any medical aid? Or perhaps any refreshments?”

He claps his hands and a robed attendant, face obscured behind a veil walks up to you with a silver tray holding a bottle of Orokin Spiced Wine and a gilded goblet.

*Zaeed nods* "Medical treatment, my augs took a bad hit and after being cuffed for so long, I'll be fine, I'm just worried about Zuir if Drige goes after her, I...don't know what I'll do"

*Dax perks a brow* "Very, well, but I'm after Neavah, but I'll bite"

*Zaeed sighs* "Dax, all you need is her Info if you..." *Zaeed seems to be in quite some stress, but seems in more essayed being with allies * "I will have you executed if you lay your hands on her"

*Dax grunts and just keeps walking* "You are a unique man, Trader"

51 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*The woman, contacts the other ship, but on a secure channel, her ship weapons, are locked dreadnought or not, it whuold be a fair fight between them if it did happen* "Dreadnought class, this is Neavah, of the Oro Vessel, Please state your Business, we do not wish to insight blood-shed"

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden managed a chuckle. "You Tenno probably have little fear of them, but those things... THEM. The Sentients. We are close to their world. A little too close, in my opinion."

Holden slowly approached Eli. He waved his hand in the Veil's gesture of blessing.

Eli askcbowledges it with a short nod, muchbas a lord might spare a simple glance for a peasant. 

“You, Assassin.” He says. “Name your price, and if it be in my power it will be granted. Titles, wealth, weapons, anything you desire.”

His vice and posture are at odds with his actions. He acts high and mighty, but his tone and stance are friendly.

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed nods* "Medical treatment, my augs took a bad hit and after being cuffed for so long, I'll be fine, I'm just worried about Zuir if Drige goes after her, I...don't know what I'll do"

*Dax perks a brow* "Very, well, but I'm after Neavah, but I'll bite"

*Zaeed sighs* "Dax, all you need is her Info if you..." *Zaeed seems to be in quite some stress, but seems in more essayed being with allies * "I will have you executed if you lay your hands on her"

*Dax grunts and just keeps walking* "You are a unique man, Trader"

Eli motions and the Guards advance on Dax, weapon’s at the ready. 

“Is this one an enemy of yours, Trader?” He asks. “Has he threatened your or your family?”

Given the way the guards are holding their weapons it appears answering yes may not end well for Dax.

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

“We are here to see Zaeed Zi’teer conveyed safely to our master.” The reply says. “Whatever business you have we are more than willing to assist with, but the Trader must remain aboard our ship.”

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Eli askcbowledges it with a short nod, muchbas a lord might spare a simple glance for a peasant. 

“You, Assassin.” He says. “Name your price, and if it be in my power it will be granted. Titles, wealth, weapons, anything you desire.”

His vice and posture are at odds with his actions. He acts high and mighty, but his tone and stance are friendly.

Holden wasn't intimidated by the obvious aura of command he emanated. But he'd rather not antagonize himself here. He put his diplomacy skills to work and tried to convey himself in the nicest manner possible.

"Shells," Holden rasped, "I need shells for an Orokin Weapon- the Tigris Prime. At least 4 standard sized crates. More would be accepted as well."

28 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"I wonder what I should do with you? Maybe I should report you to the higher ups to see what they will do with you, unless you have a reason why you hide in here?" he asked the jester, trying to see if it could talk or not.

-----

"Oooh...Sorry, I thought you were doing it because of....Um...I don't know.." he said, not sure where he was going with that train of thought. He did however stop trying to find a hiding spot.

At the mention of higher ups the jester grabs its rag and begins polishing your gauntlet, it’s body shying away as if afraid of getting hit. Either it cannot speak, or it is afraid to.

2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden wasn't intimidated by the obvious aura of command he emanated. But he'd rather not antagonize himself here. He put his diplomacy skills to work and tried to convey himself in the nicest manner possible.

"Shells," Holden rasped, "I need shells for an Orokin Weapon- the Tigris Prime. At least 4 standard sized crates. More would be accepted as well."

The Oberon sighs, and waves a hand.

”Yes yes.” He says. “I know about your deal and that is for the Trader to decide. Is there anything the Remnant can do for you? A gift of holdings as a vassal perhaps. Or a new weapon to replace that stick you carry. Perhaps a place within our ranks. I assure you your previous association would be forgotten and you would be well protected from any wrath on their part.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“We are here to see Zaeed Zi’teer conveyed safely to our master.” The reply says. “Whatever business you have we are more than willing to assist with, but the Trader must remain aboard our ship.”

"I trust you will keep my husband safe, I'm sure you know who I am, I've heard rumours about you, but never believed them, I will seek my ship deeper into Tau, away from sight" *He says back* "Do you require help however, I seek to stay away from the Sol systems eyes"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"I trust you will keep my husband safe, I'm sure you know who I am, I've heard rumours about you, but never believed them, I will seek my ship deeper into Tau, away from sight" *He says back* "Do you require help however, I seek to stay away from the Sol systems eyes"

“We require no help at this time.” The captain says. “However those accompanying your husband have dealings with him they hat require your participation. Once said dealings are concluded we will be on our way. Should the Trader wish for you to join him a shuttle will be sent to ferry you.”

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Eli motions and the Guards advance on Dax, the weapons at the ready. 

“Is this one an enemy of yours, Trader?” He asks. “Has he threatened you or your family?”

Given the way the guards are holding their weapons, it appears answering yes may not end well for Dax.

*Zaeed looks to Dax* "Considering he was willing to help break me out, I'll order him to remain under-guard, I'll let the threats slide, for now.." *He turns to Eil* "Do not attack until I give the word, but if he makes any attempt to contact anyone outside the ship, Kill him"

The Oberon sighs, and waves a hand.

”Yes yes.” He says. “I know about your deal and that is for the Trader to decide. Is there anything the Remnant can do for you? A gift of holdings as a vassal perhaps. Or a new weapon to replace that stick you carry. Perhaps a place within our ranks. I assure you your previous association would be forgotten and you would be well protected from any wrath on their part.

Holden realized the implications. An inside man. The Veil would have easier access to information regarding the workings of the Remnant if he could become part of their ranks.

Holden bowed, "I would honored to join you, as long as you allow me to settle one final debt."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“We require no help at this time.” The captain says. “However those accompanying your husband have dealings with him they hat require your participation. Once said dealings are concluded we will be on our way. Should the Trader wish for you to join him a shuttle will be sent to ferry you.”

"Understood, I will remain here, you know where to find the ship, be careful, Tau has ghosts here, stay cloaked, if you wish to stay alive, greetings to my husband for me" *He says, logging out*

Edited by -Platinum-