Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Are Glass Cannons....

Xylia

I don't think my primary frame is like tissue paper and generally if I go down it's my own fault....and I run a Loki most of the time. I know other frames lack the natural predatory nature of the Loki and are forced to rely on brute force, but all of them have some ability to manipulate the battlefield and their enviroment.

Someone mentioned getting pulled down by a Scorpion and ending up in close to a group of enemies, there are a number of things you could do depending on your frame, anyone can do a ground slam with their melee to shake up things....then if your smart you either finish that mob off....or move off to better cover, which ever the circumstances call for. People say that speed isn't that important because you can't dodge bullets, but I'll take outdistancing their effective range and putting something solid between me and them, either of those options work well.

I think that if people took more time with how they played we would see a better range of feedback and a higher level of quality content because of that improved feedback, it's a garbage in garbage out system, keep that in mind.

Edited by Tesrac

...unless you are not using cover.

You have assumed too much of the OP. I didn't know who was making yet another complaint way off the mark, then I noticed the name. It's the same person who can't figure out how to play, complaining about dying too fast, events being too hard, and all around whining with 3 new threads a day.

Tenno are already sturdy enough aside from lvl 120+ enemies (armor/health scaling is an issue that should be looked at). Even with the "squishy" Loki or Nova, we can take quite a bit with a half-filled Redirection. If I wanted to be a walking tank, I'd just play Mechwarrior.

With the ridiculous respawn of mobs, every other time I try to duck behind something..... oh wait, mobs spawned behind me and I'm getting shot in the back. There goes my shield recovery!

And then you got Corpus Techs... the only clue there's one in the room is its red suit... which is hard to see if there's a shield osprey near it. By the time you know there's one there, if it has 2+ seconds to start shooting.......you die 3 seconds later because they do simply RIDICULOUS damage.

Scorpions. If they're standing behind other enemies and you don't see the b---- right away, she'll hook you and drag you. You're dead before you get to stand up, OR you're taking health damage and you're standing right beside several other grineer.... several feet away from the nearest object. You might get to cover, but then again if you do... you're missing half of your health and if that happens again, you ARE dead.

This is a bit long but I'll address all your points...

1) Respawn

This is when "learning to trigger" shade comes in handy, see below.

2) Trinity

Out tanks both Frost and Rhino. If you can't tank with Trinity, the only Warframe that can outright tank Raptor without taking cover (behind crates or in a bubble), it is certainly not a fault with the Warframe. Link does not require Focus, which has no effect on Link - it simply requires an enemy to be within range for it to work.

3) Focus

I will agree the RNG in this game can suck, but if you've gone that long without getting focus, you are probably not farming the right missions. It drops most commonly from infested and can be easily obtained from Xini. You should have no trouble soloing Xini with Rhino as long as you have a good heavy melee weapon with a charge attack build. It is not hard to find groups for Xini anyhow and Snowglobe is not needed for it. Use the Links below...very useful for farming Focus (as well as Void keys, Multishot mods, Streamline, and Continuity).

Defense Reward Loot tables: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1fwen5/defense_rewards_updated/

Loot prediction tool: http://sunbla.de/Warframe/SedR/ (Wave 5 loot table at Xini shows that Focus only shares the possible rewards with 15 other things...by clicking on the reward you receive for wave 5, you can use this tool to see if Focus is even on the loot table for wave 10. I.e., sometimes it is better to just leave at wave 5)

4) Ogris

Nobody needs Ogris or any of the clan weapons to solo.

Orthos, Boltor, Kunai, Strun, Vasto...all easily obtainable within the first 4 planets, and all perfectly viable for end game soloing. In fact, my main load out consists of Vasto, Orthos, and Hek; and I have no trouble soloing end game missions. The Strun isn't much worse than Hek - it just has a shorter range.

Also, general soloists rule of thumb: aim for the head.

5) Shade

I have none of those problems you mentioned.

I can tell you what you're doing wrong that is causing those problems though:

-"Learn to trigger": In other words, charge towards an enemy with a slide to engage cloak. Then stay next to them to keep cloak engaged. Keep in mind that Ghost has a 10 second cooldown. Don't go charging in after it has just disengaged.

- Turrets are actually a good thing...you can use turrets as a "safe spot".

- Ghost has no duration. You can stay cloaked indefinitely if you want. Maxing its rank only increases its activation range, not its duration. You will remain cloaked as long as there is an enemy within range.

-The reason why you are breaking cloak is because you are either getting out of range, or something (a pillar, crate, corner, etc.) is breaking line of sight. As long as there is ONE enemy within range, and line of sight, it will remain active.

This is why I say "learn to trigger it at will", rather than relying on random activations. If you understand its simple mechanics you can use it as a survival tool rather than a random convenience that may or may not go off when you want it to.

And lastly...

-Remove Revenge from your Shade's load out. It will increase Ghost's reliability.  Revenge does lousy damage anyway.

-Be sure that Ghost mod is installed in the TOP LEFT mod slot, so that it has precedence over all other abilities.