Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting Lag

Skepsis

Is anyone else experiencing unusually laggy/choppy hosting?

because I've been hosting this game since it first released in beta, and it's been fine, no lag or anything, sudenly today everything is choppy and sluggish for the other players in my lobby.

I've been experiencing slight lag problems lately as well. A side effect of the increasing player base I suppose.

Increasing player base shouldn't be causing host lag since games are actually hosted on a player's computer. I have a slight feeling this is something caused by a recent patch/hotfix.

since last hotfix I rather experience stuttering fps. Not necessarily low fps, can't really tell on occasions though. But funnily before this last patch I noticed some surprising insane good graph performance and I thought "wow this game can run so smooth and insane fast?". But I experienced this very good quality on a couple of times and not before and after that.

Since last patch the graph performance definitely much poorer, maybe they capped something, related to net code and fps synchronization?

Since last patch the graph performance definitely much poorer, maybe they capped something, related to net code and fps synchronization?

If it turns out this is what has happened, I really hope it wasn't intentional.

I never ever lag no matter how laggy my host is. But when I host games, everyone tells me it take them 2 seconds to pick up drops.

How is this possible that I never lag but my hosting suck so much??

They are probably optimizing the game for PS4 and stop caring about PC performance.

I doubt this very much so. I would have to say this is very arrogant thing to say. 

They would not abandon their PC player base as this game is took off because of them (either backers or just people playing the game).

DE is not a huge corporation. They are fixing problems, balancing issues, adding new content, dealing with tickets, and more, so yea they are a little busy.  

RIght now they do not have dedicated servers (hopefully they will) so the mission performance depends greatly on the host's network and computer. 

I do agree that the performance between the host and guests connection needs to be improved sometimes.  My friend and I have great gaming rigs with a good internet speed. We live less than 10 miles away and we still get lag or performance issues for the one who is not hosting.