Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Accurate Full-Auto Thats Worth Using?

DarcnyssWolfe

AI, ap, poison dmg all ignore armor

Weakpoints are all less armored than body. Sonar weakpoint will still be more vulnerable than standard weakpoint.

Braton is pretty accurate up to 40m, twin vipers can hit reliably up to 15m, aklato 35m, hek and sobek 30m, latron over 60m, bows and snipers can hit reliably from any range.

Sonar does not bypass armor, it adds an x6.5 multiplier to the spot. Anything with over 225 armor (ancients need 550, as, iirc, their weakpoints don't get the x2 of headshots like other enemies) will take more damage from an unarmored weakpoint hit compared to a sonar hit, unless you can bypass that DR.

I highly disagree with your range on the Braton, my vipers even feel more accurate than that piece of crap did.

just use snipetron V. then.....

it do almost every thing u want, but without auto fire.

Great gun, I love it... but...

Snidal was Limited Edition. Can't really go "Just use this gun that if you don't already have you won't likely ever have."

Also, the OP basically wants a hitscan Dera. Snidal's a sniper, not an assault rifle.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Sonar does not bypass armor, it adds an x6.5 multiplier to the spot. Anything with over 225 armor (ancients need 550, as, iirc, their weakpoints don't get the x2 of headshots like other enemies) will take more damage from an unarmored weakpoint hit compared to a sonar hit, unless you can bypass that DR.

225 armor=70% dmg reduction. 100 dmg weapon without any ap will do, 200 dmg to head and 195 dmg to sonar weakpoint. 200>195 dmg assuming you dont use any mods like ap and other elements.

Edit: corrected mistake. Too late for me to do math

Edited by Davoodoo

225 armor=70% dmg reduction. 100 dmg weapon without any ap will do, 200 dmg to head and 195 dmg to sonar weakpoint. 200>195 dmg assuming you dont use any mods like ap and other elements.

Edit: corrected mistake. Too late for me to do math

For a moment I was about to argue that you did it wrong, but then I realized that, wait, no, you were agreeing with me that the unarmored weakpoint's x2 was better than the armored one's x6.5 after 225 (550 for Anceints) XD

Edited by TheBlueJelly

This gun will have lower dps than latron. 

8.0 rof at least with 30-35 dmg

leave crit dmg at 150%

crit chance 5-10% imo

remove increased zoom.

now its fine.

So make the burston entirely pointless, and outshine even the Braton Prime?

Sure, why not!

On topic: all full-autos (and by extension, all bullet-based weapons, mostly) would benefit immensely from having this game's armor system revamped so enemies aren't immune to all damage bar AP/AI at higher levels.

So make the burston entirely pointless, and outshine even the Braton Prime?

Sure, why not!

On topic: all full-autos (and by extension, all bullet-based weapons, mostly) would benefit immensely from having this game's armor system revamped so enemies aren't immune to all damage bar AP/AI at higher levels.

Not like burston is already outshined by standard braton and 30 dmg with 8.0 would cause it to have less dps than braton prime with occasional crits.

Not like burston is already outshined by standard braton and 30 dmg with 8.0 would cause it to have less dps than braton prime with occasional crits.

I have both potatoed, and I feel the burston is far stronger than braton with 4 less ranks. Though I have been running Saturn, and haven't taken those two for a T3 yet, to test them against high-level mobs - but I feel that over there, the two would be outshined by pretty much any other non-bullet primary.

Stating the burston is already outshined so it wouldn't matter is not good - it highlights the balance issues present in the game. The burston currently has 30 damage with 5 RoF and burst mechanics. A 30 damage, 8 RoF full auto would be such an upgrade it wouldn't even be fun to use compared.

~Stuff~

Also, the OP basically wants a hitscan Dera. Snidal's a sniper, not an assault rifle.

To an extent, yes and no. I love the Dera, but its more of a bullet/plasma-hose then I'm after, and for truely long range use like you can with the Latron (becuase this has been about a full-auto counterpart of it) it has to be hitscan. Modded correctly this set-up could work (yes needs some tweaking but it'd function far better than most seem to think, it's modeled after the Mk1 which I have fully modded for dps and can do well up to Ceres, but with buffed stats and some balancing I threw in)

P.S. Have taken it to T3's, no Defense, but the only drawback was that the Mk1 just does garbage damage, causing me to use 2+ ammo boxes per run....

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

I highly disagree with your range on the Braton, my vipers even feel more accurate than that piece of crap did.

I'm super accurate with my Braton, even at extreme ranges.  No you cannot hold down the trigger and dump a magazine with pinpoint accuracy at range.

But with controlled bursts, I can take down foes at great distances.

I'm super accurate with my Braton, even at extreme ranges.  No you cannot hold down the trigger and dump a magazine with pinpoint accuracy at range.

But with controlled bursts, I can take down foes at great distances.

Can't do that with the Vipers either, I still feel way more accurate with them than I ever did with the Braton.

Might be because I was expecting it to be closer to the mk1's accuracy. Just like how in League I find Anivia's autoattack easier to use than Annie's (likely) because I expected Anivia's to be bad, but not Annie's.

When you were expecting good accuracy and are given decent, decent might look bad.

I know I wasn't imagining the body shots I was getting even 20m out when aiming at the head, but I might also have simply been a lot more conscious of them.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Well I'd honestly hesitate to give it AP specifically (you should also note the x4 vs Corpus Headshot; it's why the Snidal can actually compete with the Lanka for single shot damage against Corpus (with the right build; the other is because of the x2 Electric and the fact that the Snidal actually has room for Stormbringer)), because

- The only time I can see this paradigm surplanting a real carbine (like the Latron) is vs Light Infested- due to its faster target cycle time (assuming its TTK is similar) being more usful against the zerg rush of chargers, leapers, and runners.

- It would then likely out-perform the Latron vs Medium Grineer and Corpus. Even against only 665 armor (Medium Grineer, lv50), and with the nerfed-to-hell crit stats being forced into a full-on crit build (which, hilariously, will out-perform a chromatic build in every situation with AP base EXCEPT vs Light Infested), it out-damages a Latron Prime per bullet (not DPS, literally each bullet from this gun would out-damage a bullet from a Latron Prime).

Because of that the firerate should be kinda low! Also the Latron (Prime) needs some buff, it is useless against higher level enemies.

But I want a full automatic, yet slow firing and heavy hitting primary...

I have both potatoed, and I feel the burston is far stronger than braton with 4 less ranks. Though I have been running Saturn, and haven't taken those two for a T3 yet, to test them against high-level mobs - but I feel that over there, the two would be outshined by pretty much any other non-bullet primary.

Stating the burston is already outshined so it wouldn't matter is not good - it highlights the balance issues present in the game. The burston currently has 30 damage with 5 RoF and burst mechanics. A 30 damage, 8 RoF full auto would be such an upgrade it wouldn't even be fun to use compared.

30 dmg per bullet with 5 rof bursts. In theory it means 30 dmg with 15 rof, in theory...

Yet it forces you to use accurate bursts, while full auto can fire till they deplete mag or reduce rof even further by firing in bursts.

Edited by Davoodoo

Accurate. Fully Automatic. Pick one, when have you ever seen a weapon that was accurate during full-auto fire?

If you fire accurately you don't need full-auto because you can just shoot your enemies weak spots rather than lay down a wall of lead/plasma/LASER.

Accurate. Fully Automatic. Pick one, when have you ever seen a weapon that was accurate during full-auto fire?

If you fire accurately you don't need full-auto because you can just shoot your enemies weak spots rather than lay down a wall of lead/plasma/LASER.

What we need is a Leadplasmalaser gun that shoots full-auto on accurately.

Dera. Picked both at once.

Accurate doesnt mean that recoil doesnt exist only that 1st few shots wont miss.

Because of that the firerate should be kinda low! Also the Latron (Prime) needs some buff, it is useless against higher level enemies.

But I want a full automatic, yet slow firing and heavy hitting primary...

Only statistically "useless" against Medium Grineer. Heavy Grineer have sane armor values, and Ancients have an accuracy-can-bypass-armor modifier.

In practice it works decently fine against everything if you're a good shot. Perfectly viable T3 weapon (without formaing and with only moderately good mods, I did a T3 exterm solo without too much trouble using ONLY my LP), only really falls off on the last few waves of T3 Defense, and when you get a bunch of Heavy Gunners at once (2 is annoying but manageable; 3 is a total pain in the &#!).

30 dmg per bullet with 5 rof bursts. In theory it means 30 dmg with 15 rof, in theory...

Yet it forces you to use accurate bursts, while full auto can fire till they deplete mag or reduce rof even further by firing in bursts.

Which is why it's classified as an accurate weapon.

If only the burst didn't have such an outrageous recoil... then again, if it didn't it'd outshine the latron. heh

Balancing is no easy task, folks!