The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.5 you vs mobs

Fallen_Echo

Damage 2.5 will soon appear unless DE scraps the idea so i decided to talk about something i not really seen being talked about.

Currently as everybody knows enemies use the same weapons, stats and damage types as us.

Every status effect they deal is almost the same as what we can do especially on physical damages.

Slash creates bleeding, impact staggers, puncture makes us deal less damage.

Now im not sure about the others but i do not want to get hit by puncture procs decreasing my damage by 90% constantly or getting ragdolled around like in a buggy weapon experiment on fallout.

Because DE stated the new effects are based on damage dealt and enemies are capatable of scaling up damage this means they are continously going to give us the worst levels of the procs.

The impact scales from stagger to ragdoll from the latest info we got so high level gameplay will look like a beach party where the corpus uses our bodies as a volleyball.

The puncture starts from 10% and increases to 90% so high level gameplay will be the same as playing enchanted armor sortie 3 without armor strippers.

Slash on enemy side stays the same as they can scale up so nothing changes.

What do you guys think? Because even if i fully support damage 2.5 i cant say this is looking good gameplay wise.

Edited by Fallen_Echo

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The impact scales from stagger to ragdoll from the latest info we got so high level gameplay will look like a beach party where the corpus uses our bodies as a volleyball.

The puncture starts from 10% and increases to 90% so high level gameplay will be the same as playing enchanted armor sortie 3 without armor strippers.

Other way around.

Corpus weapons are generally Puncture biased.

Grineer weapons are generally Impact biased.

I don't see DE letting this through, like at all. They've made some whopping mistakes in the past, but this would be a bit one.

What I'd do is give Warframes their own set of Hit Point Types and Resistances and even Immunities.

So We could see a Tenno Shield, Armor and Health type that are neutral to damage types (meaning no positive and negative multipliers) and then a few resistances and weaknesses.

That way status can evolve some and enemies can use the same system.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
typo

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Other way around.

Corpus weapons are generally Puncture biased.

Grineer weapons are generally Impact biased.

I don't see DE letting this through, like at all. They've made some whopping mistakes in the past, but this would be a bit one.

Ah thanks it seems like its too early for me.

I really hope the entire idea gets scrapped, because honestly its nothing but a big overall nerf to everything.