Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora themes/inspirations

Lanying

Thinking about Khora... There are so many cool inspirations for our dominatrix cat lady spider frame

SPIDERS

First of all I think there is a heavy spider metal/silk theme. With her whip handles on her back and body ribbons both imitate 6 arms/8 limbs. Then there is her 6 eyes, thin limbs, whips are like silk thread being thin but strong. I really hope her 4 matches this aesthetic. 

Spoiler

Khoradetail.png

I feel like they could have gotten inspiration from:

Jorogumo - Japanese spider shifting yokai

Spoiler

SekienJorogumo.jpg

fca70d1de718f71447f8d416caca73fb--seductive-women-japanese-folklore.jpg

She looks very human spider like. Similar to
Elise from LoL

Itsy Bitsy from Marvel

These all use webs to bind people like her 3 and are aggressive

DOM/STRONG FEMALES

Also as the wiki states:

Kore - Peresphone the greek goddess of the underworld, spring and plants who: promise the initiated a more enjoyable prospect after death. Kore also meaning "the maiden". An umarried woman - marriage being when a woman is traditionally given away and serves her husband (TRADITIONALLY - don't come for me). Khora obviously needs no one to look over her.

With that Viking maidens are fierce warriors . Such as Hervor

Then I thought about her ability to control different elements.. like
Sure it's a little tongue in cheek but the double match to name and her 1 is pretty strong. Also.. this meme that fits so well... she literally manipulates metal

Spoiler

ln8myZx.jpg

CAT LADY

I think the:  animal-like/strong dom/control female lends itself to having a command/bond with cats who are notoriously hard to control (compared to say dogs). They are revered for their strong will and grace. It matches her design very well!

So that's it. Love to know what others think. This is just an appreciation for such great design artists. I also love the idea of very humanoid human-animal designs, whips and cats so... I'm very excited!

Edited by Lanying

Sadly I can still feel the huge change of design, spiderframe calling metal cat with a whip is maybe a bit too patchwork for me. But at least this patchwork seems really cool (Not a fan of the last patchwork named Gara)

But I still thinks a proper spiderframe with this visual would be better, with another visual for the dominatrix cat lady cause the concept is cool too

Révélation

IXODES.jpg

I really hope her 4 has more of a thematic link (LOL) than just summon a whip which has a 2-3 move combo attached to it. Have a hold function that can do either

- summon another whip a la mirage. Up to 4 and have 8 limbs in total like a spider

- hold to do a big AOE fast striking whip attack. Like in the same area as Inaros 1 but x3 and channelled.

Or both. Tap to summon another whip (up to four) and hold to do a big AOE. Then her 1 and 3 to more damage

• 3 months later...