Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does stealth bonus affinity depend on weapon type and rank ?

Lluid

Hello,

Our alliance has done some testing about the bonus affinity we get from stealth kills. We made two puzzling observations.

First, it seems all weapons gain more stealth affinity as they rank up, linearly, for the same kill. The basic non-stealth affinity is constant of course.

Also, it appears that there are two categories of weapons : high stealth affinity  vs  low stealth affinity. The affinity you get can be calculated with these formulae :

Low stealth affinity = baseAffinity * (2 + stealthMultiplier + 1 * weaponRank/30)
Examples:

• All secondaries so far, even Fusilai or ballistica although they're similar to bows (silent, projectile)
  • All primaries except bows (latron, sybaris, snipers, baza although silent by default)

High stealth affinity = baseAffinity * (3 + stealthMultiplier + 2 * weaponRank/30)
Examples:

• Bows (including lenz !)
  • All melee weapons so far (daggers, sibear, hate, dual swords, lecta, glaive prime both finisher and thrown, redeemer both melee and charged shotgun attack)

Now I'm wondering why they would implement such a difference. It seems they're giving an advantage for stealth to weapons that are already good at it, neglecting the sacrifice we do when silencing a loud weapon, and even weirder they're giving an advantage to high rank weapons while it should be more rewarding to get a stealth kill with a low rank weapon, in my opinion.

So did you know all this, do you have a reference for categories of all weapons, and how do you interpret these choices in terms of game design ?

Notes:
-We used either silent or silenced weapons, with multiple warframes, in various tilesets.
- We tried with various enemies (grineer lancer lvl 12, lvl 9 and lvl 7, corpus crewman lvl 4).
-Formas, catalysts, lenses, didn't modify the xp gains as expected.
-Also weapon type (projectile vs hitscan) didn't appear to be a valid criterion.
-There were no bonuses for headshots in terms of affinity, and no difference whether we were invisible or not.
-In the formula, stealthMultiplier is an integer in [0 ; 5] ( example 200% -> stealthMultiplier=2)
-The formula is not rounded, only the integer part is shown on screen (example 208.53xp is shown as 208xp)
-Hilariously enough, the Lenz is considered as a high stealth weapon if silenced, like bows ! However getting stealth kills is possible but unreliable with both the projectile and the explosion)
-Similarly, Redeemer's charged attack can be heard by enemies around but it's fine for stealth bonus. That's the spirit of stealth right ?

Edited by Lluid
New formulae !

il y a 5 minutes, (Xbox One)Skullstachio a dit :

Maybe higher stealth affinity is gained from certain categories of weapons that have innate silence. (I may not know for certain but it doesn't hurt to ponder.)

So we thought, but as I said Fusilai secondary is silent and is not in the high stealth affinity group. I guess it's the same for all kunai-like secondaries.

In my first few hours of testing I used another Formula but I guess you updated it :D What were the Flaws in the old calculations? Did it break in some cases?

+ I tested your new Formula and I couldnt break it so far so it seems to be correct :D

Edited by TrollmeisterXD
Tested your Formula

Il y a 7 heures, TrollmeisterXD a dit :

What were the Flaws in the old calculations?

You had the right formula, but it worked only for lancers lvl 12 because it involved a "+150" that was in fact 2* base affinity and you couldn't see that weapon rank actually depended on base affinity too. You had done most of the work already. :)

Il y a 7 heures, TrollmeisterXD a dit :

Baza is Low Affinity Gain

Yeah, I forgot to mention it but I tested it too. I'll actualize the OP to clarify the categories (bows & melee  vs  all the other weapons)